ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***OFFICIAL TYLER BRAY QBOTF HOPE THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272606)

mcaj22 04-30-2013 05:19 PM

he's 21 years old

he could sit for the next three years and if we start him at 24 or 25 and he pans our you still have like a decade plus to work with

unlike 30 year old Alex Smith and his 4-5 years left, if that.

i will welcome you all with open arms once you all drink the kool aid after Bray's first preseason game. That should win most you over.

Mav 04-30-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9646705)
he's 21 years old

he could sit for the next three years and if we start him at 24 or 25 and he pans our you still have like a decade plus to work with

unlike 30 year old Alex Smith and his 4-5 years left, if that.

i will welcome you all with open arms once you all drink the kool aid after Bray's first preseason game. That should win most you over.

While I agree with most that you said, you can still eat a bag of dicks for living in the shitty state of Pennsylvania, and your unwarranted Alex Smith bashing.

Okay? Ready set, NOM NOM NOM NOM

Beeker 04-30-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9646694)
Million dollar arm. 2 bit brain. He went from a 3rd round prospect to an UDFA because he is as dumb as a box of rocks.

But can he count to potato?

wazu 04-30-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9646564)
Bray at least made me laugh in his Gruden Camp.

Gruden: The thing about Peyton Manning, was he could never beat who?

Bray: Florida.

Gruden: What about Tyler Bray? Who could Tyler Bray never beat?

Bray: The entire SEC.

ROFL

That's kinda awesome.

Mav 04-30-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9646723)
That's kinda awesome.

the dude has personality.....

Abba-Dabba 04-30-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeker (Post 9646720)
But can he count to potato?

Not likely

Beeker 04-30-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9646840)
Not likely

That's not good. Even *I* can count to potato!!

Chris Meck 04-30-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9645545)
Absolute max upside:

http://www.deuceofdavenport.com/wp-c...eff-george.jpg

If he has the longevity of George in the NFL, I'll eat my hat.

Kid has an arm, but it's not an Elway arm by any stretch. And he's inaccurate and doesn't seem to have a very good feel for the game.

IMO - he's a poor man's version of Ryan Mallet.

Well, yes, PROBABLY. More than likely he'll never start a game and will be selling insurance in Tennessee by 2015.

BUT...you never know. He DOES have the physical ability, and he IS in a good situation.

Jobomb 04-30-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 9646982)
Well, yes, PROBABLY. More than likely he'll never start a game and will be selling insurance in Tennessee by 2015.

BUT...you never know. He DOES have the physical ability, and he IS in a good situation.

I doubt Tyler Bray will be doing much in Tennessee ever again. I would guess he didn't enjoy his time there very much.

(I'm from Tennessee, and I love it...so a pre-eff off.)

I've watched him live for three years. His arm is off the charts. But he's apparently a big enough head case that NFL teams were scared of drafting him. That says a lot.

I'm extremely interested in seeing what happens to him. But UDFA's rarely even get a shot at that position.

mcaj22 04-30-2013 09:04 PM

Bray is a pure insurance policy for Andy and Dorsey right now. If this entire Alex Smith thing backfires and Alex Smith goes back to his normal self and the team gets out to a terrible start, Andy gets to dangle Bray's youth, potential and arm as a way to buy him sometime.

Obviously this could change if the season is a success or a backfire and they finally wake the **** up and draft a QB next year, but as of right now if Alex Smith gets out to a 1-5 start to the season, Tyler Bray is going to be the hope for the future.

mcaj22 04-30-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9646712)
While I agree with most that you said, you can still eat a bag of dicks for living in the shitty state of Pennsylvania, and your unwarranted Alex Smith bashing.

Okay? Ready set, NOM NOM NOM NOM

Alex Smith deserves bashing becauses hes 100 years old and cant throw farther than 10 yards

oh and he sucks

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-30-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9647629)
Alex Smith deserves bashing becauses hes 100 years old and cant throw farther than 10 yards

oh and he sucks

This.
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 04-30-2013 09:27 PM

the only thing Dorsey and Reid have done right about Alex Smith is they didnt give him a 6 year 60 million dollar deal as soon as they gave up the picks for him before he throws a pass for us

so the fact that hes on a 2 year deal and if he is as bad as people expect, we could get out of it very quickly and he can **** the ****ing off.

Rausch 04-30-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nychief (Post 9646155)
Ted White > Tyler Bray

Whatever.

You watch, come preseason when people see the talent he has vs. scrubs it will be man-crush time.

When there's no pressure and he's competing vs. 3rd stringers and camp fodder the hype will build. Once Smith becomes Smith people will be wanting to put him in. And until we do those people won't realize his full-reerun...

Mother****erJones 04-30-2013 10:46 PM

I honestly believe good coaching, mentor ship, watching and learning, in a couple years he'd be ready. He came out as a junior so there's still a ton of development to be gained. Love the kids confidence and abilities. I know he's undrafted but it's not impossible for him to succeed.