ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs If the Chiefs go 8-8 or better 49ers get a 2nd round pick. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272817)

Mav 05-06-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9661673)
5 hits, 4 misses for the Packers in the 2nd round since 2006.

Those picks are practically worthless!

who is the starting lg you are talking about? Colledge plays for the cardinals. Their starting lg is now sitton, they are moving tj ward to right, who was their starter at lg last year.

They essentially hit on three receivers. Failed horribly on a qb, (cut him in training camp to keep matt flynn) they miss on as many draft picks as anyone else.

Hootie 05-06-2013 11:15 AM

And if starting is your definition of hit...name a recent 2nd round pick that hasn't started for us....?

Cobb, Jennings and Nelson are totally legit.

But how great would they be with Matt Cassel?

...and what is so great about the Ravens drafts?

patteeu 05-06-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9661675)
Even haters like you put a 2nd round grade on Geno Smith.

You're calling that a reach? In your own goddamn universe that's not a reach.

I didn't put a grade on Geno Smith. I don't grade prospects.

Using the 1.1 on Geno Smith, which you were advocating, is undeniably a reach given the way the draft actually fell.

And I'm not a hater. I pity the Geno Mafia, I don't hate you. I have no feelings at all about Geno Smith other than I'm glad he's not a Chief now that we find out that Nolan Nawrocki was right about him.

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 9661573)
did people expect this conditional 2nd to only be a 2nd if we went 14-2 and Alex Smith won the MVP?

...I'm not quite sure what everyone is up in arms about

we've known this for a long time now

I think these stipulations are usually done considering the performance of a player and the few team ones I remember involved playoff/superbowl escalators. I'm believe this may be the first time ever going 500 caused a pick to escalate. Maybe someone can show up past trades that involved escalating draft picks?

Here was Palmers

The Raiders are hoping he can do a lot, having traded a 2012 first-round pick and a conditional second-rounder in 2013 that can become another first if Oakland makes it to the AFC title game in either of the next two years

SAUTO 05-06-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9661717)
I didn't put a grade on Geno Smith. I don't grade prospects.

Using the 1.1 on Geno Smith, which you were advocating, is undeniably a reach given the way the draft actually fell.

And I'm not a hater. I pity the Geno Mafia, I don't hate you. I have no feelings at all about Geno Smith other than I'm glad he's not a Chief now that we find out that Nolan Nawrocki was right about him.

ummmmm... we actually havent found out anything about any of the players just drafted.

jkw87 05-06-2013 11:32 AM

Why can't more people think like this guy before losing it? Yeah, overpriced... But it had to be done.

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 11:36 AM

we hired dorsey for his excellence in drafting, and for his belief in building teams through the draft...

Chiefs fans: "2nd round draft picks don't matter"

Then why did the 49ers trade for two second round picks?

Chiefs fans: "herp...."

it is, at the point, literally impossible for this fanbase to be any dumber...

Lex Luthor 05-06-2013 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661753)
we hired dorsey for his excellence in drafting, and for his belief in building teams through the draft...

At least you are trying to understanding the opposing viewpoint instead of just calling anyone who disagrees with you "dumb".

SAUTO 05-06-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661753)

and then add in these stupid ****ing 9er fan/fans (im still not convinced they arent the same person) and we have so much idiocy to deal with its almost enough to make me want to log off and kick myself in the nuts every time i think about logging in.

we've got alexsmithfan who acts as though he has seen every chiefs game ever played and keyed in on all the players. and all his mults.

**** these guys

the Talking Can 05-06-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9661773)
At least you are trying to understanding the opposing viewpoint instead of just calling anyone who disagrees with you "dumb".

i don't give a shit about people's fee fees

i'm trying to make dumb people understand their own insane stupidity

using 8-8 as benchmark of value is insane...and the Chiefs did it

and it is ****ing stupid

patteeu 05-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9661735)
ummmmm... we actually havent found out anything about any of the players just drafted.

Of course we did. We found out how expensive they are and we've learned more about why teams weren't willing to pay the price that Geno's physical talent normally commands.

ShowtimeSBMVP 05-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9661781)
i don't give a shit about people's fee fees

i'm trying to make dumb people understand their own insane stupidity

using 8-8 as benchmark of value is insane...and the Chiefs did it

and it is ****ing stupid

8-8 would be a huge improvement. Open your eyes this team was competitive in only 4 games in 2012. Everything else was a nightmare.

BigCatDaddy 05-06-2013 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661819)
8-8 would be a huge improvement. Open your eyes this team was competitive in only 4 games in 2012. Everything else was a nightmare.

It's ****ing hard to win only 2 games. They could have brought back *****, Romeo and Cassell and still won 4-6 games this year with the schedule.

As far as I can tell from my research escalating a pick if a team finishes 500 is unprecedented. The 9ers bent the Chiefs over in this deal.

Rausch 05-06-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9661819)

When you have two turnovers on your side of the field in the first quarter $3it goes bad quick...

mnchiefsguy 05-06-2013 12:03 PM

Well, I guess it is official now....the Chiefs got fleeced on the trade. Paid way too much for a qb nobody wanted in free agency the year before.

The Niners come out smelling like roses...if the Chiefs do well, the get a mid to late second...and if the Chiefs stink...then they will get a high third.