ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Gordon Ramsay decides he can't help a restaurant (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272965)

Bewbies 05-16-2013 11:50 AM

This episode was the pinnacle of reality based TV. I am going to watch it again tonight. LMAO

Just Passin' By 05-16-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9686848)
LOL.... Grand Re-Opening....

Katy's not buying into the press release

Quote:

But across the way, we met a woman who'd rather not return to Amy's. She's Katy Cipriano, the waitress Amy fired on reality TV.

"None of it was scripted," she said.

Katy says the camera caught the truth of what it was like working at ABC, and that those ugly moments created a lot of curiosity.

"I think they just want to see if Amy's going to have the same reaction. If she's going to have a meltdown," she said.
http://www.azfamily.com/outbound-fee...207690151.html

Mr. Plow 05-16-2013 11:52 AM

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comment...m_amys_baking/

Rausch 05-16-2013 11:53 AM

End well, this won't...

http://images.wikia.com/disney/image..._wars_yoda.jpg

Hootie 05-16-2013 11:57 AM

they pretend like $14 an hour, the max they claim they pay, is good for a server

In Illinois the server minimum wage is $4.95 an hour. If you have just two tables in 1 hour and both of them have small bills of $25 and tip 20% ($5 a table)...you just made $14.95 an hour.

The meltdown on this particular episode was a $10 tip that the restaurant kept...

It is a despicable practice.

If they don't want their servers making tips then whatever...but advertise that the business absolutely takes no tips whatsoever. A tip free environment.

Namor40 05-16-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9686796)
And you could probably link these results to the different attitudes Ramsay portrays between the British and American version.

Yes, Ramsay seems more calm and collected in the British version. However, so our the restaurant owners. I don't think I've ever seen a British version where the owners of the restaurant are as completely helpless as these 2.

I can think of one, the inn where the staff essentially told the owners what to do, hung out at the restaurant bar in their off hours and things were all kinds of messed up......unsurprisingly the owner ended up selling shortly after.

One of my favorites was the lady who had the soul food restaurant, one of the very few times I've seen Ramsay try the food and go 'WOW."

AndChiefs 05-16-2013 12:00 PM

Wait staff is paid 8-14 dollars an hour. Nowhere in that statement does it say they receive tips though. Just that they get paid more per hour.

Namor40 05-16-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9686880)
Wait staff is paid 8-14 dollars an hour. Nowhere in that statement does it say they receive tips though. Just that they get paid more per hour.

LOL at $8-14 per hour...that's a broad range. In Scottsdale, the average burger flipper at In N Out makes $11 an hour, seeing as how these people use logic, I wouldn't expect a single server to make more than $10 an hour.

NewChief 05-16-2013 12:05 PM

I don't mind the show, but I just have a hard time believing that the food is that bad at every restaurant he goes to in the US.

I mean, the food is so bad at every single place that he spits it out, calls it "dreadful," and pretends like he's been poisoned. I've eaten at a lot of places, but I've never had a reaction that extreme to anything I've ever eaten. I just wish that "reality" shows would get a little more real and a little less scripted/set shots.

jd1020 05-16-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9686890)
I don't mind the show, but I just have a hard time believing that the food is that bad at every restaurant he goes to in the US.

Why is it so hard to believe?

The food hasn't ALWAYS been the problem. But these restaurants aren't calling him up because they are so damn successful.

Namor40 05-16-2013 12:12 PM

With everything that has happened, these people have racked up publicity that you simply cannot buy. They have been featured on TV everywhere, the Washington Post, Forbes...etc........so if you buy into the notion that there is truly no bad publicity.....they have done well in that regard.

With as much attention as they've drawn, people are going to the restaurant just as a curiosity, to see if they can see some display of craziness. Its almost turning into the enthusiasm shown for those types of restaurants where people eagerly go and eat to get insulted by the staff.

jspchief 05-16-2013 12:17 PM

Went through 100 employees in one year....

That's an average of a new employee every 4 days.

blaise 05-16-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 9686901)
Why is it so hard to believe?

The food hasn't ALWAYS been the problem. But these restaurants aren't calling him up because they are so damn successful.

Yeah, but it is kind of true. I've only seen the show I think three times and all three times he takes a bite and then spits it in a napkin and wipes off his tongue. It's really that bad every time? I could see him going, "This isn't very good. People won't pay for this." But to act like it's a cow turd every time just seems phony.

jd1020 05-16-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9686927)
Yeah, but it is kind of true. I've only seen the show I think three times and all three times he takes a bite and then spits it in a napkin and wipes off his tongue. It's really that bad every time? I could see him going, "This isn't very good. People won't pay for this." But to act like it's a cow turd every time just seems phony.

If you were to actually watch every episode, you'd know he doesn't always spit the food out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Namor40 (Post 9686871)
One of my favorites was the lady who had the soul food restaurant, one of the very few times I've seen Ramsay try the food and go 'WOW."

Like in this episode, featuring Momma Cherri's, he personally took his cleaned off plate to the kitchen to show them.

Their problem, IIRC, was that while the food was good it was being cooked fresh and then frozen and their portion sizes were too big. They weren't making any money because they were giving too much food away.

Hootie 05-16-2013 12:23 PM

2.5 to 5 times that national average rate for servers

well no ****ing shit

servers get paid $2.13 an hour in Texas. BUT THEY GET TIPS.

no wonder the service is dog shit...if a server is making a standard rate and working for those lunatics...of course they aren't going to bust their asses to be friendly or get refills...it simply doesn't matter; they get paid the same no matter what