ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Geno Smith A "No Show" At Sanchez Led Jets West Camp (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274495)

Dave Lane 07-16-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9813586)
:facepalm:

You are a dumb****. You're a college kid. You have no idea what Team Building and getaways such as this can do for bonding, creating new relationships and strengthening old relations.

If Geno Smith wanted to prove that he's a leader of men and the future leader of the Jets, he'd be in SoCal right now.

Instead, just like every other major decision he's faced since graduating, he's failed.

I totally agree and I was a huge Geno supporter.

Dave Lane 07-16-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9816368)
Remember all the posters who wanted the Chiefs to draft Geno #1 overall?

I'm guessing they don't post anymore

I'd still rather have signed Brandon and drafted Geno over our hot shit sandwich OT.

Setsuna 07-16-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Lane (Post 9816384)
I'd still rather have signed Brandon and drafted Geno over our hot shit sandwich OT.

Me too! I still believe Geno will be as good as advertised.

Sorter 07-16-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith 4Ever (Post 9816368)
Remember all the posters who wanted the Chiefs to draft Geno #1 overall?

I'm guessing they don't post anymore

Totally

Messier 07-16-2013 08:22 PM

Would you trade the Chiefs QB situation for the Jets?

Cannibal 07-16-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9816403)
Would you trade the Chiefs QB situation for the Jets?

No.

aturnis 07-16-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9815524)
Geno Smith says “Me and Mark are cool”
Posted by Darin Gantt on July 16, 2013, 1:13 PM EDT

Geno Smith decided against coming out to the coast, getting together and having a few laughs with Mark Sanchez.

But the Jets rookie quarterback said his staying in Florida to work out was not a sign there was a problem with their relationship

“Me and Mark are cool. No hard feelings or anything,” Smith said in an interview with OCNN, via the New York Daily News. “He’s up there getting work with the guys, I’m down here getting work.”

Sanchez was the only quarterback to show up at his Jets West camp, and Smith accurately diagnosed the nature of the attention it received.

“I think it’s just something to talk about. Right now it’s a dead period, so any type of hype, anything that they can get their hands on, some type of controversy,” Smith said. “The media, they’re just doing their job. They got to create a hot story, they gotta keep the fans interested.”

Whether anyone remains interested in Smith will have far more to do with how he performs in training camp, at which point his decision to skip a weekend with his teammates will become less significant than it already is.

Imagine how much better not going to Jets West is for Geno. Not splitting reps with Sanchez, not letting his teammates see him as the perceived 2nd QB. Should be a good situation for Geno. Getting 1/3(if that), of the reps at Jets West would probably do him little good.

salame 07-16-2013 09:25 PM

http://thehotroute.com/wp-content/up...e-redskins.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9816053)
ROFL

No, he won't. He hasn't even admitted he was wrong about his "evaluation" of Smith, believing him worthy of a first rounder and 1.1, overall.

Why would he run off because Smith busts?

I believe he was worthy, the Dorseid did not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who made the better call, now won't we?

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9816835)
I believe he was worthy, the Dorseid did not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see who made the better call, now won't we?

I was actually giving you a compliment.

I don't think you're going anywhere, regardless of whether or not your predictions continue to be sour.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9816853)
I was actually giving you a compliment.

I don't think you're going anywhere, regardless of whether or not your predictions continue to be sour.

That's true. CP gives me the opportunity to be a completely hateful bastard until the Chiefs actually do something in life.

Thank you, CP.

O.city 07-16-2013 09:59 PM

I like Geno's skillset, not so much his mental game, but it's really not arguable that he's in probably the worst type of situation for his development and mental state.

Rex Ryan can't handle a rookie QB. I actually don't think he's really suited to be a head coach in the NFL anymore.

I think Geno's skillset would have been a good match with Reid's offensive philosophy, but I don't really see the guy ever being anything in the NFL in his situation. Oh well.

Sweet Daddy Hate 07-16-2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9816873)
I like Geno's skillset, not so much his mental game, but it's really not arguable that he's in probably the worst type of situation for his development and mental state.

Rex Ryan can't handle a rookie QB. I actually don't think he's really suited to be a head coach in the NFL anymore.

I think Geno's skillset would have been a good match with Reid's offensive philosophy, but I don't really see the guy ever being anything in the NFL in his situation. Oh well.

Another case of D-Coord having no business at HC.

O.city 07-16-2013 10:02 PM

I think BossChief brought it up, but if the Jets tank this year hard, Rex might be our DC next year.

Although, I like what they've done on D, they just won't be able to score.

DaneMcCloud 07-16-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9816881)
Another case of D-Coord having no business at HC.

Yeah, those two consecutive AFC Championship games are just proof positive he isn't a head coach.

:facepalm: