ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

TEX 10-31-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10143027)
The Warriors are legit. I'm not sure why people arent putting them ahead of the Rockets and Clippers. The only concern with them is injuries which is a very real concern.

Because in a series with either, I think they will have problems.

L.A. Chieffan 10-31-2013 09:04 AM

Michael Carter Williams...damn rook

KC native 10-31-2013 09:10 AM

Spurs held the Grizzlies to 7 points in the 2nd quarter last night. ROFL GO SPURS GO!

okcchief 10-31-2013 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 10143412)
I don't know how you feel okchief but I think the window may be closed temporarily for OKC unless they get another top player.

Also it is my understanding they didn't have to trade either one they would have just had to pay the luxury tax which let's be honest they should have. You don't get many chances to be a dominant team in the NBA.

I tend to agree. They dont need a Harden level player though they just need some guys who can shoot from outside.

The thought is they hit free agency after this year because they dont want to go over 3 years in a row because the penalty increases.

They were the top seed in the West last year until went Russ went down though. They just need a shooter to replace Martin, and they'll be fine. The Westbrook injury would have held them back even with Harden obviously. The trade still sucked however. Their hope was Lamb could be that shooter, but at this point he's not. If he can't pick it up soon they'll have to find someone who can do the job.

I agree with the short window though. You have to surround them with players who can make plays. Otherwise in 3 years KD might jet, and I won't blame him. Not winning a Championship with Durant and Westbrook would be a HUGE fail.

okcchief 10-31-2013 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10143467)
Because in a series with either, I think they will have problems.

The Clippers are soft. Maybe Doc changes that mentality.

The Howard acquisition is overrated IMO. They already had a good defensive center which is what Howard really is. He's never going to post up and dominate. He's also a bitch that goes in a shell when things get tough. He only makes them marginally better IMO.

Considering current rosters I like the Spurs in the West followed by Golden State.

The Clips, OKC and Houston are going to have to show me some serious growth before they are in the discussion.

CaliforniaChief 10-31-2013 09:47 AM

Well that was a fun season! #lakers

Pitt Gorilla 10-31-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10143459)
I am a ROCKETS fan and THAT trade turned the franchise around.Without it, Howard does not come to Houston. If they stay free from injury, the Rockets can contend for a title for years to come!

I agree and Houston gave up absolutely nothing to get him. Okc traded a young top 10 player for nothing. Outside of presti, anybody could see that trade was a failure.

The worst part is it didn't have to happen. For those that really want to win, the luxury tax doesn't mean that much.

BWillie 10-31-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10143879)
I agree and Houston gave up absolutely nothing to get him. Okc traded a young top 10 player for nothing. Outside of presti, anybody could see that trade was a failure.

The worst part is it didn't have to happen. For those that really want to win, the luxury tax doesn't mean that much.

What are you gonna do pay all three? Theres no reason to keep all three. They jusy coulda got more outta that trade. Ibaka is just as important as Harden, at least for a team that already has scoring like the Thunder

TEX 10-31-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10143575)
The Clippers are soft. Maybe Doc changes that mentality.

The Howard acquisition is overrated IMO. They already had a good defensive center which is what Howard really is. He's never going to post up and dominate. He's also a bitch that goes in a shell when things get tough. He only makes them marginally better IMO.

Considering current rosters I like the Spurs in the West followed by Golden State.

The Clips, OKC and Houston are going to have to show me some serious growth before they are in the discussion.

You're entitled to your opinion, but the Howard trade is not overrated. He doesn't have to be a monster offensive low post player (but I bet Olajuwon teaches him something) with the players around him. All he's got to do is be somewhat of a threat, clean the glass and be active around the basket and he'll get his. The beauty part is the Rockets STILL have Asik. When he spells Howard, they still have very capable backup. Play them both together and the lineup is HUGE with enough smalls and or scorers to be used as needed.

Do you really think the Spurs and Warriors are deeper than Houston? Maybe the Warriors are as deep but the Spurs are a different case all together because they're old and it shows every season. What depth they have needs to be counted on more so than the others.

Did you check out Howard's line last night? He had 17 pts and 27 boards, and a couple of blocks. If you can count on that point-wise and half that board wise, all year from him - the Rockets have all the other pieces and will likely represent the West in the Finals.

Fair enough about needing to show you more, however, yours is one of the few discussion they're not in, but in time I bet they will be...

KevB 10-31-2013 02:30 PM

Darryl Morey, the Rockets GM, tweeted the following last night : All your rebounds are belong to us.

Hilarious.

okcchief 10-31-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10143937)
You're entitled to your opinion, but the Howard trade is not overrated. He doesn't have to be a monster offensive low post player (but I bet Olajuwon teaches him something) with the players around him. All he's got to do is be somewhat of a threat, clean the glass and be active around the basket and he'll get his. The beauty part is the Rockets STILL have Asik. When he spells Howard, they still have very capable backup. Play them both together and the lineup is HUGE with enough smalls and or scorers to be used as needed.

Do you really think the Spurs and Warriors are deeper than Houston? Maybe the Warriors are as deep but the Spurs are a different case all together because they're old and it shows every season. What depth they have needs to be counted on more so than the others.

Did you check out Howard's line last night? He had 17 pts and 27 boards, and a couple of blocks. If you can count on that point-wise and half that board wise, all year from him - the Rockets have all the other pieces and will likely represent the West in the Finals.

Fair enough about needing to show you more, however, yours is one of the few discussion they're not in, but in time I bet they will be...

Stats have never been a problem with Howard. A stat line vs the Bobcats means nothing to me. Time will tell, but Howard has always been selfish. If the Rockets succeed it will be Harden making the plays. I like Houston's roster fine, but like Golden State and San Antonio's better. Doesn't mean I'm right, but it's definately my opinion.

okcchief 10-31-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 10143906)
What are you gonna do pay all three? Theres no reason to keep all three. They jusy coulda got more outta that trade. Ibaka is just as important as Harden, at least for a team that already has scoring like the Thunder

This.

The only problem was the return. He felt he had to rush into it, snd he should have waited.

-King- 10-31-2013 07:45 PM

New Delay of game rule just slows down the game even more. They really have to change it.

KevB 10-31-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10144626)
This.

The only problem was the return. He felt he had to rush into it, snd he should have waited.

If they knew Harden would be this good, they should have kept all three. How could anyone think it's a bad thing to have 3 of the top 12 players in the league, all three playing different positions? Presti missed on his projection for how good Harden would become.

Shogun 10-31-2013 07:50 PM

I knew if I talked shit about Bargnani he would have a solid game tonight.