ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   KSU ***Official New New New EMAW Repository thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275345)

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9948249)
If Sams is a LEGITIMATE dual threat and can actually sling the ball around I am all for him being THE guy. But thid offense needs a more balanced approach IMO. Klien will go down as one of my all time favorite Cats but, his lack of ability in the passing game hurt us. If Sams can give us both then go for it. If not give me Waters and Hubbert.

KSU slung it plenty last season. What they didn't do was sling it into the hands of the opposition and give up easy points. Which is why I'm surprised OBZ is allowing Waters to do stupid shit like this.

And you have to give Hubie the ball more for him and the OLine to be successful.

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:05 PM

I think Sams is another E3 in the making. This programs greatest success has come under QB's like SAMs.

notorious 09-07-2013 07:05 PM

I don't think Hubert is very good without the threat of a running QB to help him.

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9948272)
I don't think Hubert is very good without the threat of a running QB to help him.

I can agree with this. Although I think Hubie is adequate in his own right, he's dynamite with duel threat at the helm.

Raiderhater 09-07-2013 07:11 PM

Whater our views on the QB situation (abd I am honestly open on that), I think we can all agree the defense is our biggest issue. At least the QB position hss talent either way. Defense.....

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:13 PM

OBZ gives it to Hubie on 5 consecutive plays for 19 yards.

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9948291)
Whater our views on the QB situation (abd I am honestly open on that), I think we can all agree the defense is our biggest issue. At least the QB position hss talent either way. Defense.....

Yep. The D is just terrible. And that's been the Achilles heel of OBZ version 2.0

They just cannot close on any talent that could help immediately.

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 9948296)
OBZ gives it to Hubie on 5 consecutive plays for 19 yards.

And I think those were his first touches in the 2nd half.

Raiderhater 09-07-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 9948309)
Yep. The D is just terrible. And that's been the Achilles heel of OBZ version 2.0

They just cannot close on any talent that could help immediately.

Talent, and I would also submit scheme as a major issue. Ever since the 2003 Chiefs I have loathed the bend don't break scheme. Sooner or later, you break. Not to mention the TOP issues.

Whoever decided that prevent defense should be played all game should die in an aids tree fire while hanging from nut hooks and imbibing an anti-freeze cocktail.

notorious 09-07-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9948342)
Talent, and I would also submit scheme as a major issue. Ever since the 2003 Chiefs I have loathed the bend don't break scheme. Sooner or later, you break. Not to mention the TOP issues.

Whoever decided that prevent defense should be played all game should die in an aids tree fire while hanging from nut hooks and imbibing an anti-freeze cocktail.

You can thank the lack of athletes and the spread offense for defenses now days.

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9948342)

I dont think this squad has the talent to run anything else. The biggervproblem IMO, is OBZ Can't find/ keep decent assistants. Whether that's true or not I cannot say. But it's certainly the perception.

Since Bielema left for Wiscy after the 03 championship, it's been total shit on D.

Raiderhater 09-07-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9948363)
You can thank the lack of athletes and the spread offense for defenses now days.

You are most likely correct. But if I were a DC I would refuse to play the bend don't break scheme.

And that is probably why I am sitting here at the bar lit like Christmas tree watching the game insteaf of on the side line coaching it.

notorious 09-07-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 9948386)
You are most likely correct. But if I were a DC I would refuse to play the bend don't break scheme.

And that is probably why I am sitting here at the bar lit like Christmas tree watching the game insteaf of on the side line coaching it.

I love the aggressive defense like we had in the late 90's, too, but it's just not in the cards this season.

Is every QB in the Big 12 absolutely horrible this year?

WilliamTheIrish 09-07-2013 07:37 PM

Somebody tell me that Sams isn't the best player on this team.

Raiderhater 09-07-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish (Post 9948369)
I dont think this squad has the talent to run anything else. The biggervproblem IMO, is OBZ Can't find/ keep decent assistants. Whether that's true or not I cannot say. But it's certainly the perception.

Since Bielema left for Wiscy after the 03 championship, it's been total shit on D.

There is truth to all of this as well. The defensive talent certainly limits our options. And OBZ assistants have been in high demand for a long time. It is both a credit and a curse to the man.