ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *** Official I love Marcus Cooper Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276780)

planetdoc 10-07-2013 12:56 PM

As good as Cooper has been, I think it might be worth trying to poach CB Sheldon Price from the Colts practice squad.

They have nearly identical measurables, and nfldraftscout has Cooper rated the 40th overall cb in the 2013 draft, while Price is rated 41. He seems like he would be a great fit for press man coverage after some development.

nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=82305&draftyear=2013&genpos=CB
nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=89746&draftyear=2013&genpos=CB
nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/sheldon-price?id=2539670

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059805)
One game vs. Four games

It's simple to grasp.

Damn near as simple as realizing you aren't wanted on a message board you've been banned numerous times from LMAO

jettio 10-07-2013 01:01 PM

The Niners must have hoped to get Cooper on the practice squad or something.

I wonder if the Chiefs playing the Niners in pre-season this year was a factor in scouting Cooper.

Seems like a real football player with great measurable, good thing we have a GM that took advantage of having first choice on the waiver wire.

I wonder what Greg Schiano thought about this kid. He was a WR while Schiano was at Rutgers and he stayed on the board until the 7th round.

Cooper looks like he will get the Mack Lee Hill award and maybe Defensive Rookie of the Year. Awesome fumble recovery and interception yesterday, great ball skills.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beer Bong (Post 10059805)
So I was right and Flowers was hurt and in a limited role?

Also, it's still One game vs. Four games.

It's simple to grasp.

Cooper has played all of one game, most of a second, and some of three others. He has been nothing short of brilliant.

Fisher has played all of three games and half of another. He has been mediocre at best.

I'm sure that one additional game worth of action Fisher has under his belt makes all the difference.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 10059822)

I wonder if the Chiefs playing the Niners in pre-season this year was a factor in scouting Cooper.

Seems like a real football player with great measurable, good thing we have a GM that took advantage of having first choice on the waiver wire.

I wonder what Greg Schiano thought about this kid. He was a WR while Schiano was at Rutgers and he stayed on the board until the 7th round.

Cooper looks like he will get the Mack Lee Hill award and maybe Defensive Rookie of the Year. Awesome fumble recovery and interception yesterday, great ball skills.

The preseason game absolutely did it. It took a perfect storm, but it finally went in our favor.

mcaj22 10-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jettio (Post 10059822)

I think a lot of front offices were mad that we finally got a GM that knew how to use the waiver wire position to his advantage.

I think some teams in the 2 to 10 hole expected to get the good waiver cuts post training camp like they did when we would have Pioli make NO moves after TC and keep his own picks on the roster to stroke his ego and try and make them work.

Instead Dorsey flipped over 7 spots for guys like Cooper and McGrath and Parker who were clearly on some other teams waiver radars and we essentially put in a massive cock block in August.

Which is awesome.

the Talking Can 10-07-2013 01:09 PM

so keitzmann just said that cooper said he had been trained all week to jump the route if they showed a certain look, said they only threw one route out of a certain 3wr bunch formation...which ended up being the int

that's good coaching

BigCatDaddy 10-07-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10059852)
so keitzmann just said that cooper said he had been trained all week to jump the route if they showed a certain look, said they only threw one route out of a certain 3wr bunch formation...which ended up being the int

that's good coaching

It pays to have 20 coaches on the payroll as well, no doubt.

Saul Good 10-07-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 10059852)

that's good coaching

Fisher would have run it back for a TD and then kicked the PAT himself.

mcaj22 10-07-2013 01:14 PM

well whoever the Titans OC isnt that smart to throw one route tree look in a whole formation

they must not have a complex playbook for their QBs

jettio 10-07-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 10059836)
I think a lot of front offices were mad that we finally got a GM that knew how to use the waiver wire position to his advantage.

I think some teams in the 2 to 10 hole expected to get the good waiver cuts post training camp like they did when we would have Pioli make NO moves after TC and keep his own picks on the roster to stroke his ego and try and make them work.

Instead Dorsey flipped over 7 spots for guys like Cooper and McGrath and Parker who were clearly on some other teams waiver radars and we essentially put in a massive cock block in August.

Which is awesome.

I agree.

I have to admit that I was wondering why so many and wondering about team chemistry and all that other nonsense, but when I realized we had first choice on the wire and saw that our pickups were from teams with good rosters, I had hope for some solid pickups. Definitely exceeding expectations.

Easy 6 10-07-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10055887)
Welker isn't exactly fast. He's shifty and quick. Flowers would be a good matchup for him.

He's a perfect match for welker, he can stay with that guy all day long.

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10060093)
He's a perfect match for welker, he can stay with that guy all day long.

As long as he plays him bump and run he's got a shot. If he doesn't, I think he's toast.

saphojunkie 10-07-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10059872)
Fisher would have run it back for a TD and then kicked the PAT himself.

He doesn't kick PAT. He just rips out the goal post and lays it down around the ball.

Beer Bong 10-07-2013 02:59 PM

"Richard Sherman? He wouldn't even look me in the eye," Hilton said. "Not at all. The whole time." - T.Y. Hilton

I thought Sherman was known for shit talking. ROFL