ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News RIP Paul Walker (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=279069)

LoneWolf 12-02-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 10236258)
It's a tragedy but I'm told Johnny Moxon will come in the 2nd half and lead the Coyotes to state.

Was Billy Bob driving and passed out? They probably should have scanned his cat to make sure he was OK to drive.

Tombstone RJ 12-02-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10243276)
it would be hard, but if there was a large fluid trail and unswerving skid marks that would certainly lend to that theory.

wreckless driving is wreckless and dead is dead. No way you can blame the auto for stupid driving. Plus, it's a public road, how many other vehicles leak crap out all over the place?

TLO 12-02-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10243516)
wreckless driving is wreckless and dead is dead. No way you can blame the auto for stupid driving. Plus, it's a public road, how many other vehicles leak crap out all over the place?

Yep. I'm curious as to just how fast they were going. I'd wager they were going at least double the 45mph speed limit on a hilly road.

Tribal Warfare 12-02-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10243529)
Yep. I'm curious as to just how fast they were going. I'd wager they were going at least double the 45mph speed limit on a hilly road.

I thought the story was hHis buddy was doing donuts in an open parking lot and lost control.

Tombstone RJ 12-02-2013 03:29 PM

another thing about this wreck, if I was a betting man, I'd bet drugs and alcohol were definitely part of the equation...

mikeyis4dcats. 12-02-2013 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10243695)
another thing about this wreck, if I was a betting man, I'd bet drugs and alcohol were definitely part of the equation...

I'd bet not.

Dallas Chief 12-02-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Why would you think that? Especially both drugs and alcohol? I think it is more likely that it was as a mechanical malfunction or loss of control somehow at high speed.

KC native 12-02-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Smoke (Post 10243529)

Considering the GT is a super car and built to handle most high speed crashes, they were doing a minimum of 100. I'd wager 120-140 given that the cops are saying they hit a tree, then a light pole, and a third tree.

KC native 12-02-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 10243700)
Why would you think that? Especially both drugs and alcohol? I think it is more likely that it was as a mechanical malfunction or loss of control somehow at high speed.

just plain ol' driver error is the most likely explanation.

Too fast with no room for error means errors are usually punished severely.

Tribal Warfare 12-02-2013 04:44 PM

FYI, Dish on Demand has the F&TF series up and posted to rent and watch.

ShowtimeSBMVP 12-02-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Death Car May Have Malfunctioned
12/2/2013 6:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive
1201_walker_car_rodas_tmz_facebookThe exotic sports car in which Paul Walker violently died, crashed as a result of mechanical failure -- very possibly a steering fluid leak ... this according to sources closely tied to the auto shop where the vehicle was stored and maintained.

Sources connected to Always Evolving -- the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas -- tell TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn't have steering control.

Also suspicious -- the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/02/paul-w...#ixzz2mMPK5UTQ

Tombstone RJ 12-02-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dallas Chief (Post 10243700)

because they are hollywood people who have more money than brains and when you take a $500k car are play games with it I tend to think that some kind of idiocy is behind all of this, but maybe they were just dumb?

Tombstone RJ 12-02-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10243802)
Exclusive
1201_walker_car_rodas_tmz_facebookThe exotic sports car in which Paul Walker violently died, crashed as a result of mechanical failure -- very possibly a steering fluid leak ... this according to sources closely tied to the auto shop where the vehicle was stored and maintained.

Sources connected to Always Evolving -- the shop co-owned by Walker and the Porsche driver Roger Rodas -- tell TMZ they saw evidence of a fluid burst and subsequent fluid trail before the skid marks at the accident scene.

The AE sources point to the fact there is a noticeable absence of skid marks until just before the point of impact. They say if Roger had lost control the skid marks would show swerving, but instead the marks were in a straight line. They feel this cements the theory the driver didn't have steering control.

Also suspicious -- the fire spreading so quickly in the front of the car. The sources say flames would be expected in the rear where the engine is ... but fire in the front reinforces their theory of a fluid leak of some sort.

meh, sounds to me like these guys are at the very least, non objective in their opinions. They may never be able to get an autopsy due to the remains being burned up but still, I wouldn't be surprised if drugs or/and alcohol might have been involved.

CrazyPhuD 12-02-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10243802)
Exclusive

Heh the person who wrote that doesn't really understand how cars work(or at least the person who released that). Power steering fluid leaks are not a point of critical failure. If you lose fluid you don't lose steering, you lose power assist to your steering which means the wheel becomes noticeably harder to turn. He would still have been able to turn, just not usually as sharply as if with power steering. If he didn't turn it wasn't a power steering fluid 'leak'.

It might have been a linkage failure or some other issue but not simply fluid...

Anyong Bluth 12-02-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 10241270)

Sadly, last week he was giving an interview and said it was virtually a lock that they'd make F&F8 and almost certain 9 & 10. Vin and the other guys already had a continued trilogy idea floated out there and the studio was already on board with it as the franchise has only been drawing bigger and bigger box office gains.

Came across the story earlier today, which was a surprise to me because I thought this was the last one they had planned but he was joking that he'd be 50 by the time they wrapped up doing 10?!