ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Colin Kaepernick gets over $100 million new deal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284130)

Dayze 06-05-2014 08:03 AM

the Smiff can say "Fine. have fun with Daniel and you developmental QBs"

Eleazar 06-05-2014 08:09 AM

If nothing else it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

How can you realistically say to Alex Smith and his agent that he doesn't deserve the kind of money that Jay Cutler and Colin Kaepernick got, when he's better than they are?

The only recourse is to say "Those contracts are stupid, and we're not going to use them as a measuring stick." But ultimately, it only takes one stupid team who will write a check like that to set the market.

QB salaries can't continue to spiral forever upward, there has to be a point where the market corrects itself.

I just hope that the correction happens with Alex Smith taking a fair deal instead of a market value deal, and not that the correction leaves us back in a Brodie Croyle/Tyler Thigpen/Damon Huard type era again.

Ragged Robin 06-05-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10672011)
Yeah, he was the reason why they were behind by so much. Couldn't do a single thing on offense before the black-out happened. Without that blackout, that game is a blow out. And, he choked miserably again on the final play of the game when he overthrew Crabtree on yet another fade attempt, lol. The 49ers got back into the game was because of a turn over within the 30 yard line of the Raven's side of the field and also a kick return to the Ravens 20.

Kaepernick's "touch passes" are some of the most inconsistent that I've seen among starting QBs.

His final 3 passes of that game:

Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.
Incomplete to Crabtree.

Great quarterbacking, lol.

This. He essentially racked up garbage time stats and then choked away the win in the final three plays. Sound familiar? His last THREE drives in last seasons NFCC ended in him turning the ball over.

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cochise (Post 10672089)

I just hope that the correction happens with Alex Smith taking a fair deal instead of a market value deal, and not that the correction leaves us back in a Brodie Croyle/Tyler Thigpen/Damon Huard type era again.

If there is a QB that won't fill his ego and greed by hoarding a team's cap, it will be Alex D Smith. Just give him a contract that ensures he is the starter for 2-3 years.. add some fluff incentives and years that would be hard to earn.

All of this talk and thousands of posts can be fun, but are worthless. Folks should just relax, let this play out, and not strengthen their prior grudges via their jaded speculation. Unless Smith completely turned into some arrogant and selfish jackass over night... he won't hurt the team and their chances of success.

Anyway, back to Kaep in the Kaep thread... I think it is great and intriguing that SF can boot him on a year to year basis without a steep and crippling pile of dead money.

Really says that SF will reward him well if he progresses.. but in case he doesn't? G-T-F-O

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragged Robin (Post 10672133)
This. He essentially racked up garbage time stats and then choked away the win in the final three plays. Sound familiar? His last THREE drives in last seasons NFCC ended in him turning the ball over.

... and this is my fear of Kaep... NOT my expectation... but my fear...

Kaep sometimes makes plays that are really special... often those are from him just using his physical gifts. Problem is, these special plays can dazzle the fans and somehow mask the troubling issues he does have.

He could turn out to develop into greatness... but there's valid doubt that he will not... as many physically gifted players before him have over-relied on those gifts alone and never evolved into more. Seems the 49ers have now protected themselves in case Kaep is one of those players. :)

Rausch 06-05-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10672071)
the Smiff can say "Fine. have fun with Daniel and you developmental QBs"

And Dorsey can say "We'll be 7-9 with you and 3-13 without you."

Either way we don't make the post season...So ****s given = 0...

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672154)

Not sure how anyone can feel this way, but go for it.

Going through a 3 or less win season is painful. Each week, a loss hangs over and lessens everything. Makes every day a little less.. bright. Going through a 7 win season at least brings more smiles.. and at least makes most fans feel like their team isn't a complete joke.

Just like those that say they would rather not be in the playoffs if they are not going to win it all. Man, that shit is weak. :shake:

htismaqe 06-05-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10672159)

Going through a 3 or less win season is painful. Each week, a loss hangs over and lessens everything. Makes every day a little less.. bright. Going through a 7 win season at least brings more smiles.. and at least makes most fans feel like their team isn't a complete joke.

Just like those that say they would rather not be in the playoffs if they are not going to win it all. Man, that shit is weak. :shake:

You obviously have no idea what it's like to have been a Chiefs fan for 30 years...

Dayze 06-05-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10672154)

I think Smiff has all the leverage. now, how much leverage he wants to apply, that's another story IMO.

O.city 06-05-2014 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10672166)
You obviously have no idea what it's like to have been a Chiefs fan for 30 years...

It's post like that, that make some of us here at cp ****ing hate fans of other teams.

Sandy Vagina 06-05-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10672166)

Oh yes... back to the beaten down fans whining about yesteryear. That's always manly and worthy of respect!

http://media.giphy.com/media/G4H0SoMBoqNOg/giphy.gif

Eleazar 06-05-2014 09:23 AM

Quote:

Going through a 3 or less win season is painful. Each week, a loss hangs over and lessens everything. Makes every day a little less.. bright.

Your choice to be a fan!

O.city 06-05-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks (Post 10672178)
Oh yes... back to the beaten down fans whining about yesteryear. That's always manly and worthy of respect!

http://media.giphy.com/media/G4H0SoMBoqNOg/giphy.gif

It's because we've been thru that shit, time and time again. Then, we continually make th same mistakes that put us there, again, and again, we have dumbshit fans of other successful franchises come here and say

"Don't worry, it'll be different this time".

So it's not just that we are beaten down (we are and why wouldn't we be), or that we don't like you (we don't), it's that your shit is unoriginal and it's the same shit we've heard before.

Rausch 06-05-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

No, it's not the same.

This offseason we lost more than we gained. It's that simple. There's really no other way to look at it.

Even if all our draft picks pan out NONE of them address any glaring weakness our team had last year.

Unless you believe that players that weren't good enough to start last year at very weak areas are now suddenly better than the players that left.

And I don't.

I'd always prefer to be in the playoffs.

Winning is winning and losing is ****ing losing. Losing sucks and we lose in a new and more painful to watch way every season.

Other than drafting Fisher what has this team done to support our QB?

We didn't go out and try and sign playmakers. We didn't give him a TE worth a ****. We allowed his offensive line to run like roaches when you turn the lights on.

I don't want to be Mr. Negative and complain all the time. I think Reid is a good coach and I think he can rally players above their ability.

Problem is I don't think with two off-seasons this team is building anything...

Rausch 06-05-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10672187)
It's because we've been thru that shit, time and time again. Then, we continually make the same mistakes that put us there, again, and again...

http://replygif.net/i/459.gif