ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink How do you feel about Panda Express? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284290)

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2015 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11892601)
Man, I wish they had those in Washington. It looks really good and I could actually eat there with no problems (except maybe the spice level).

You can actually request the level of spice, so I don't think you'd have a problem.

Frosty 11-18-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11892640)
You can actually request the level of spice, so I don't think you'd have a problem.

That's good to know (if I ever get a chance to eat there). From the menu on-line, it looked like everything was pretty spicy.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2015 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11892654)
That's good to know (if I ever get a chance to eat there). From the menu on-line, it looked like everything was pretty spicy.

I guess it depends on the definition of "spicy" but in my experience, their spiciest sauces would be about "medium" when compared to true Thai food and their normal sauces I would describe as "flavorful".

I think they're beginning to roll them out across the country so hopefully, they'll put one in your area or nearby.

It's really, really good.

Frosty 11-18-2015 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11892677)
I guess it depends on the definition of "spicy" but in my experience, their spiciest sauces would be about "medium" when compared to true Thai food and their normal sauces I would describe as "flavorful".

True Thai food would probably kill me.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2015 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11892681)
True Thai food would probably kill me.

I mentioned in another thread that I once asked for a dish to be "hot" at Palms Thai, which is a great local Thai restaurant, and I couldn't eat it.

One bite and I was sweating from every pore in my body.

I go for medium now. :D

Frosty 11-18-2015 02:58 PM

I used to like spicy food. I wasn't the type to drink hot sauce straight or eat ghost peppers or anything like that but ate pretty spicy food frequently as my wife likes it. Then, about three years ago, it's like God flipped a switch and I suddenly couldn't eat it all. The reaction to capsaicin is now crazy over-the-top. It's incredibly painful for some reason. I've even reacted to spicy dill pickles, much to my embarrassment. It sucks as it limits a lot of what I used to eat. I still don't know why it changed. I can handle horseradish hot just fine but not capsaicin hot.

FlaChief58 11-18-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 11892699)
I used to like spicy food. I wasn't the type to drink hot sauce straight or eat ghost peppers or anything like that but ate pretty spicy food frequently as my wife likes it. Then, about three years ago, it's like God flipped a switch and I suddenly couldn't eat it all. The reaction to capsaicin is now crazy over-the-top. It's incredibly painful for some reason. I've even reacted to spicy dill pickles, much to my embarrassment. It sucks as it limits a lot of what I used to eat. I still don't know why it changed. I can handle horseradish hot just fine but not capsaicin hot.

I'm in the same boat. I used to eat shit that would make the Devil himself cry. Now if I eat a jalapeno, I want to kill myself for being so stupid

Mav 11-18-2015 03:05 PM

Ehhh. On my way back from deployment we had to wait 13 days in Kuwait. Ate Panda a lot. It was okay considering . Haven't eaten it since though.

Frosty 11-18-2015 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flachief58 (Post 11892706)
I'm in the same boat. I used to eat shit that would make the Devil himself cry. Now if I eat a jalapeno, I want to kill myself for being so stupid

Well, at least it isn't just me in that boat. Still sucks, though.

ChiefRocka 11-18-2015 03:22 PM

Its the ultimate layover lunch...not going out of my way to go there outside of an airport.

luv 11-18-2015 03:28 PM

Not impressed. At all. Maybe it's because I'm from Springfield, where there's a Chinese restaurant on any corner where there's not a church.

PunkinDrublic 11-18-2015 03:31 PM

Life's too short to waste on chain restaurants.

Stewie 11-18-2015 03:46 PM

They opened a Panda Express about 5 miles from my house a couple of months ago. I haven't been there. I've thought about going, but my car can't get past the mom and pop Chinese place that's much closer. $5.75 lunch including drink and $7.25 combo dinners are tough to beat. I can't eat all the food, so there are leftovers for the next day.

DaneMcCloud 11-18-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

It's called "getting old".

:D

Baby Lee 11-18-2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

I hope that switch never flips for me.

I have a pretty good capacity for heat. My problem is, while I can consume it, I look like an asshole doing so. I love it, but even moderate heat and I'm sweating and my nose is running. So I pretty much have to eat spicy food in solitude, with a hefty towel at my side. A nice Bhut Jolokia salsa, and I look like I walked home in the rain.