ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Can We Measure Alex Smith's Suckitude? Yes, we can! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293743)

BlackOp 08-06-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11642091)
The 2013 Chiefs didn't beat anyone good either maybe save the Eagles.. Who even then had Vick at QB.

Jesus..they were coming off a 2-14 season with a new QB and entirely new scheme/coaching staff. Only a reerun would find something to bitch about starting 9-0.

They beat the 9 teams on their schedule...and when you go 2-14 the year before..you play bottom feeders.

They beat Miami w/o Charles 34-15 on the road. 44-14 vs. NE and 24-20 vs. Seattle. Put up 34 on the Rams defense and swept SD. They were a better team last year....brutal schedule, horrible offciating and injuries did them in.

Coogs 08-06-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 11642179)
Jesus..they were coming off a 2-14 season with a new QB and entirely new scheme/coaching staff. Only a reerun would find something to bitch about starting 9-0.

They beat the 9 teams on their schedule...and when you go 2-14 the year before..you play bottom feeders.

They beat Miami w/o Charles 34-15 on the road. 44-14 vs. NE and 24-20 vs. Seattle. Put up 34 on the Rams defense and swept SD. They were a better team last year....brutal schedule, horrible offciating and injuries did them in.

Records have nothing to do with schedule the following season. Every team in the NFL plays 4 division winners, 4 second place teams, 4 third place teams, and 4 fourth place teams from the year before.

BigMeatballDave 08-06-2015 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11642008)
You should be beaten to death with a football...

If it's a Brady football, I'm not sure death is possible...

KCTitus 08-06-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCSLC2008 (Post 11642002)
It would more like being an 8 yard pass on third and 10. Not a 2 yard pass. You probably got that, but I wanted to make sure you didn't think the 2.3 was the depth of the pass. I don't care how far it is, as long as the conversion rate is good - it's an efficiency and field position trade off...

Well...a passing play consists of two components the pass distance from the line of scrimmage to the player in the air, and the amount of yardage the receiver can obtain subsequent to receiving the pass. If Alex, throws a pass to Jamaal Charles standing 1 yard beyond the line of scrimmage and manages to get 8 yards on 3rd and 10, that's chalked up as a 9 yard pass play, when 8 of it was Jamaal and 1 of it was Alex.

Maybe there was no other player open than the one at the line of scrimmage and that's all Alex had to throw to, so again, is that Alex or play calling, I dont care. Basically it tells the defense that KC is not going to try to stretch the play. Sometimes the ball has to be thrown into a covered receiver and give him a chance to make a play.

Sure, if you're a Marty disciple, what I describe is heresy...since according to Marty and offenses job was not to score points (ahem, points are the only way to win) but rather not to turn the ball over. So yeah, dump the ball in the flat, 'hope' your guy gets the first down and punt. Something about that sucks, IMO.

Mav 08-06-2015 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 11642091)
The 2013 Chiefs didn't beat anyone good either maybe save the Eagles.. Who even then had Vick at QB.

Who gives a shit. They beat teams that were better the previous season than they were. The Chiefs were 2-14 with the number one pick in the draft.

Maybe you should stop being so obtuse and realize that WINNING any games that next season was an accomplishment.

Because literally EVERY SINGLE team the Chiefs beat in 2013 were better than them in 2012.

How dense are you really?

Please don't answer that. Its definitely rhetorical.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-06-2015 04:59 PM

Alex Smith will have everyone on this board not named "Alex Smith Suck-off Poster" kicking puppies by week 8.

pugsnotdrugs19 08-06-2015 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bufkin (Post 11640061)
Amazing that there's still people who have disdain for Alex Smith. In this league, it can be extremely difficult to find an average QB, let alone one like Smith who has an unheard of turnover ratio. Is he Aaron Rodgers? No, but nobody is. If you rely on an elite running back and a solid defense like the Chiefs do, you really can't ask for much more than what Smith is providing.

couldn't have said it better myself.

He just fits what they do. Is he top 10? Hell no. 15? Probably. Regardless he does the job.

It's like people completely forget he was TWO muffed punts from going to a Super Bowl.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-06-2015 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 11642929)
couldn't have said it better myself.

He just fits what they do. Is he top 10? Hell no. 15? Probably. Regardless he does the job.

It's like people completely forget he was TWO muffed punts from going to a Super Bowl.

He may "fit", but his skills and performance are pure shit.

Easy 6 08-06-2015 06:55 PM

Stopped reading at "7.9 wins", atleast we know what their acumen is.

I'll never pay those guys any mind again.

Ming the Merciless 08-06-2015 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11643002)
Stopped reading at "7.9 wins", atleast we know what their acumen is.

I'll never pay those guys any mind again.

Yah but I bet if we win exactly 7.9 games this season your tune will ****ing change asshole

Reerun_KC 08-06-2015 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 11643105)
Yah but I bet if we win exactly 7.9 games this season your tune will ****ing change asshole

Probably so. Would have to whip out the jergens and whack it like the pathetic fatty fans do.

8-8 and draft a RG would cause this fanbase to collectively orgasm at the same time.

Pathetic ****ers.