ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports **2012 Sporting Kansas City\Soccer Thread** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=252792)

Shogun 05-13-2012 09:54 AM

jesus christ epic

Demonpenz 05-13-2012 09:56 AM

what the hell LOL

Reaper16 05-13-2012 09:56 AM

How do people not like soccer? This is incredible.

Shogun 05-13-2012 09:57 AM

premier league is the ****ing tits

Braincase 05-13-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 8612285)
premier league is the ****ing tits

Congrats Manchester City. What a finish to the season.

Stanley Nickels 05-13-2012 09:59 AM

OH MY GOD. I've never seen ANYTHING like that.

Demonpenz 05-13-2012 10:01 AM

that was crazy

Predarat 05-13-2012 10:24 AM

I don't watch alot of soccer, but it looks like I chose the best 30 minutes to turn it on. That was freaking amazing. The look of terror on the Man City Fans, then the looks of pure exitement and happiness, they have not won a title in 44 years. Wow.

|Zach| 05-13-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8612273)
Scoreboard.

Yea. I mean...let's just look at box scores and not care about going to or enjoying anything.

|Zach| 05-13-2012 11:54 AM

Not big into EPL but the shutting that went down today was amazing.

Reaper16 05-13-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8612427)
Yea. I mean...let's just look at box scores and not care about going to or enjoying anything.

I was just giving the argument from the Fire fanbase.

Claim: We (SKC fans) clowned your fans.

Rebuttal: Your team lost. (And your team has lost three games in a row.)

There is no good way in this scenario to counter "scoreboard." I mean, make it into a contest of who has the "better" fans if you want to. But that sounds awfully like a Chiefs thing to do.

Reaper16 05-13-2012 12:37 PM

SKC is officially in second place in the eastern conference. NYRB just overtook 1st.

ALL talk of the the cup and especially of the supporter's shield need to stop. Instead, the entire organization and fanbase needs to be concerned with how the team can win a single game and with how the team can play good soccer once again.

Predarat 05-13-2012 01:30 PM

They kept taking crowd shots of the Man City fans at the end of the game, they look so helpless. It was as if they were hopelessly watching a close friend or family member get mauled by a pit bull and they had no gun nor syringe full of antifreeze.

|Zach| 05-13-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8612446)
I was just giving the argument from the Fire fanbase.

Claim: We (SKC fans) clowned your fans.

Rebuttal: Your team lost. (And your team has lost three games in a row.)

There is no good way in this scenario to counter "scoreboard." I mean, make it into a contest of who has the "better" fans if you want to. But that sounds awfully like a Chiefs thing to do.

I just find your aversion to people enjoying aspects of sporting events hilarious.

|Zach| 05-13-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8612505)
SKC is officially in second place in the eastern conference. NYRB just overtook 1st.

ALL talk of the the cup and especially of the supporter's shield need to stop. Instead, the entire organization and fanbase needs to be concerned with how the team can win a single game and with how the team can play good soccer once again.

Yes. We should post on these message boards in a different manor. That will help us win.

In58men 05-13-2012 10:58 PM

Hola mi AYSO amigos y amigas. Watch el videó pro favor. Gracias

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l-79...e_gdata_player

Muy funny que no?

Reaper16 05-13-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8613610)
I just find your aversion to people enjoying aspects of sporting events hilarious.

That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8613611)
Yes. We should post on these message boards in a different manor. That will help us win.

Admittedly, I am very sensitive to the general characters of fanbases. Very sensitive. The fanbases are the sole reasons that I dislike, say, the St. Louis Cardinals or the Kansas Jayhawks. I don't want to see the SKC fanbase become a bunch of wildly overconfident blowhards.

|Zach| 05-13-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8613663)
That doesn't make a lick of sense.

Admittedly, I am very sensitive to the general characters of fanbases. Very sensitive. The fanbases are the sole reasons that I dislike, say, the St. Louis Cardinals or the Kansas Jayhawks. I don't want to see the SKC fanbase become a bunch of wildly overconfident blowhards.

Being a sports hipster must be exhausting.

|Zach| 05-13-2012 11:31 PM

Wow. Here is a list of all USMNT games since the 50′s and the associated highlights, all in one place.

http://soccersubjectively.blogspot.c....html?spref=fb

Dragonocho 05-14-2012 09:09 AM

Sorry for crashing the SKC thread with this but the Sky Sports reaction to Man City's Goals. Phenomenal ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aodh0...eature=related

Reaper16 05-14-2012 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8613676)
Being a sports hipster must be exhausting.

In the fashion/behavior sense (irony tinged with nostalgia) or the music sense ("I was into _____ before they got 25,000 Twitter followers. Now they suck.")?

I am not a fan of my teams in any sort of ironic sense. Though KC sports teams would be very easy to accomplish that with; I wonder if people outside of KC think of people wearing Royals shirts as doing it ironically.

If a KC sports team ever does win something then I'll at least get to claim "I was a diehard fan longer than you" to the bandwagoners. But I won't stop liking that team because of their success. Now, I stopped liking the Red Sox franchise after their successes, because their fans turned into colossal dicks. I can already tell that if ever it was the case that Mizzou or Chiefs or Royals fans experienced a championship then they would be insufferable. The difference is those teams will still be local teams; I can't turn my back on them even if the fanbase sucks.

So, no, I don't think being a sports hipster is exhausting to me. Mostly because I haven't tried being one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8613681)
Wow. Here is a list of all USMNT games since the 50′s and the associated highlights, all in one place.

http://soccersubjectively.blogspot.c....html?spref=fb

That's a damn cool link.

Demonpenz 05-14-2012 09:23 AM

can we get a DP player up in this piece. Shit!

|Zach| 05-16-2012 04:42 AM

Header finally updated. Big game at Colorado. We have had their number lately but its a different team with some talented youngsters. They are also prone to doing stupid shit. Should be about 80 KC supporters making the trip out there.

Also there is this.

Sporting Club receives four StadiumBusiness Awards

LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, Robb Heineman, and Sporting Innovations take four of six awards

TheStadiumBusiness Awards were announced today at the Museo dell'Automobile di Torino in Italy. Sporting Club earned honors in four of the six categories the company was nominated for including Venue of the Year, Executive of the Year, the Community Award and the Product Innovation Award.

LIVESTRONG Sporting Park was selected as Venue of the Year for the world’s best stadium, arena or sports venue – from the small club to the mega-capacity national sports facilities. The $200+ million venue was up against competition from four different continents.

Other nominees for Venue of the Year included the site of the 2012 NBA All-Star Game (Amway Center) and 2011 Rugby World Cup (Forsyth Barr Stadium), as well as the home of Brighton & Hove Albion FC (The American Express Community Stadium).

The club’s state-of-the-art facility, opened to rave reviews in June 2011, has already hosted the U.S. Men’s and Women’s National Teams, along with the English Premier League’s Newcastle United FC and Mexico’s Club Deportivo Guadalajara. The stadium was selected to host the group stage of the 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup and served as the site for the semifinals and championship matches of the CONCACAF Men’s Olympic Qualifying Tournament in April of 2012. The stadium is set to host Stoke City FC of the Barclay’s Premier League in August.

LIVESTRONG Sporting Park also won the Community Award for a stadium, arena and major sports complex that has found new ways to support, enhance and improve its local community while Sporting Club CEO, Robb Heineman earned Executive of the Year as a sports venue leader, pioneer or visionary that has over-delivered in the past 12 months. Heineman was recently chosen as one of the most promising young executives in sports business under the age of 40 by SportsBusiness Journal at the organization’s Forty Under 40 Awards gala in March.

With a unique vision and expertise in technology, Sporting Kansas City launched Sporting Innovations in October of 2011. Sporting Innovations (SI) is a sports technology company focused on developing and deploying next-generation technology to support the sports industry, and its fans. Sporting Innovations won the Product Innovation Award for their FAN360 Application. FAN360 is a real time delivery of interactive experiences by injection of sociographic data to create social intelligence and facilitate engagement.

LIVESTRONG Sporting Park was also nominated for New Venue Award and Customer Experience Award.

Click here to view a comprehensive list of Sporting Kansas City accolades. For more information on TheStadiumBusiness Awards visit their website at www.stadiumbusinessawards.com.

VENUE OF THE YEAR AWARD

LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, Kansas City, USA
Amway Center, Orlando, Florida, USA
Mercedes-Benz Arena, Shanghai, China
Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, New Zealand
The American Express Community Stadium, Brighton, UK

EXECUTIVE OF THE YEAR AWARD

Robb Heineman, CEO, Sporting KC, USA
Alex Martins, CEO, Orlando Magic, USA
Julian Jenkins, Director Of International Marketing & Special Projects, Cardiff City FC, UK
Lee Zeidman, SVP and GM STAPLES Center, Nokia Theatre and L.A. LIVE, USA
Martin Perry, Executive Director, Brighton & Hove Albion FC, UK

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE AWARD

Air Canada Centre, Toronto, Canada
City Square / Etihad Stadium, Manchester City FC, UK
Amway Center, Orlando, Florida, USA

PRODUCT INNOVATION AWARD

FAN360 (Sporting Innovations), USA
SPS Terraces (Intelligent Engineering), UK
Texlon ETFE Cladding at Forsyth Barr Stadium in Dunedin (Vector Foiltec), Germany
VisionSOFT (ANC Sports Enterprises LLC), USA
MCG Smartphone App (MCG / NextDigital), Australia

COMMUNITY AWARD

Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
Miller Park, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA

NEW VENUE AWARD

Juventus Stadium, Turin, Italy
Stadion Wroclaw, Wroclaw, Poland
National Stadium, Warsaw, Poland
Ulker Sports Arena, Istanbul, Turkey
Forsyth Barr Stadium, Dunedin, New Zealand
Coface Arena, Mainz, Germany

|Zach| 05-16-2012 12:57 PM

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...nkings-week-10

|Zach| 05-16-2012 04:29 PM

Sporting Kansas City will host the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup third round at 7:30 p.m. CT on Tuesday, May 29 at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, the U.S. Soccer Federation announced Wednesday. Sporting KC will await next Tuesday’s second round winner between the KC Athletics (USASA) and Orlando City Soccer Club (USL PRO).

All Sporting Kansas City Season Ticket Members will receive a ticket to the May 29 match at LIVESTRONG Sporting Park, and all subsequent Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup home matches through the quarterfinals, as part of their season ticket package. Single-game ticket information, including pricing and on-sale dates, will be announced at a later date.

The U.S. Open Cup is the oldest annual team tournament in American sports history with origins in 1914 and is named after Lamar Hunt, the original founder of Sporting Kansas City.

The single-elimination tournament began Tuesday with 32 teams participating in the first round and will continue through the final on August 7/8. This year’s field of 64 teams is the largest in the competition’s modern era with all 32 professional clubs in the United States represented alongside 32 amateur teams.

The 16 domestic Major League Soccer teams each enter in the third round and match-ups are based on a geographic basis when feasible. Hosts are determined by random selection among clubs who have applied to host and meet minimum venue requirements.

Sporting Kansas City won the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in 2004, defeating the Chicago Fire 1-0 on a golden goal by striker Igor Simutenkov at Arrowhead Stadium.

http://www.sportingkc.com/sites/kans...sheye%20DL.jpg

Reaper16 05-16-2012 05:02 PM

Possible KC derby, lol.

|Zach| 05-16-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8620466)
Possible KC derby, lol.

Yea, the idea of it is so absurd. They got their first US Open Cup win this year. Qualified for the first time last year. They barely have a website...playing in OP, KS somewhere.

|Zach| 05-16-2012 05:17 PM

Sounders fans get on everyones nerves but this is a decent read. Obviously good for the league.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0516...unders_576.jpg

This story appears in the May 28 World Football Issue of ESPN The Magazine.

DRUMS BEAT, CHANTS ring out, fans march. There are brightly colored scarves and home-made banners, celebrity spectators and crisp, damp spring air. But this isn't Manchester. It's not even England. It's Seattle, and come Saturdays, the streets and seats fill, and the right side of Puget Sound becomes as lively a soccer city as anyplace in the Prem.

Sounders FC, a young franchise in a disrespected league, tucked away in a remote corner of a nonsoccer nation, is proving the sport can succeed in the U.S. "For everyone in American soccer," says Sounders coach Sigi Schmid, "I always tell people, you have to make a pilgrimage to Seattle. What you hoped soccer would be, it's actually like that here."

Per game, the Sounders outdraw the Mariners almost 2 to 1, with attendance through May 5 at nearly 39,000, which would place eighth in the English Premier League. Merchandise sales are on a par with the Seahawks, according to Gary Wright, Sounders senior VP of business operations. No wonder NBA commissioner David Stern, who let the Sonics leave Seattle in 2008 after 41 years, calls the Sounders "the most successful expansion team in the history of sports."

Not that this success should surprise anyone. Out of the way and independent-minded, Seattle has a tradition of embracing the new. The city gave birth to grunge, Starbucks and Microsoft. Occupy Wall Street? In Seattle, home of the 1999 World Trade Organization riots, that's so last century.

It also helps that the world's game has a rich history in the Emerald City. The original Sounders were founded in 1974 (two years before the Seahawks and three before the Mariners), but the Kingdome was literally crumbling when U.S. Soccer chose host cities for the 1994 World Cup, and Seattle was passed over again when MLS launched two years later. The demand was there; the venue still wasn't. Then in 2002, Seahawks Stadium (now named CenturyLink Field) opened, having secured public funding largely on the promise it could host soccer as well as football.

By 2007, a lifelong soccer fan named Joe Roth, who just happened to be the former chairman of Walt Disney Studios and a multimillionaire Hollywood producer with movies such as Major League and While You Were Sleeping to his credit, decided the time was right for MLS in Seattle. He partnered with Adrian Hanauer, a local businessman who ran a minor league version of the Sounders, then persuaded Microsoft co-founder and Seahawks owner Paul Allen to buy in. The marriage of football and fütbol turned out to be a masterstroke.

More than half of the Seahawks' full-time staffers also work for the Sounders. The teams merged ticket, marketing and financial operations, enabling the Sounders to hit the ground running. The new club also took advantage of the void left by the Sonics' departure -- inheriting media coverage and corporate sponsors -- though there's debate about how much that helped at the gate. "People say that was a factor," says Wright. "But I'm not sure how many basketball fans love soccer."

In the Sounders' original business plan, the goal was to sell 12,000 tickets per game. The team averaged nearly 30,000. "It became a cultural phenomenon," Roth says. But execs refuse to take that support for granted. "The day you assume everyone's always going to be there on Saturday is when complacency bites you on the ass," says Hanauer, the GM.

So the front office made sure to build trust among its young, tech-savvy fans from the start, letting fans name the team and soliciting feedback through social media. "The people who put down a deposit for season tickets [their inaugural year] were sent a link to fill out info such as: What kind of fan are you?" says Bart Wiley, the Sounders' director of business development. "Will you sing and chant or just watch the game?" Comedian Drew Carey, another minority owner, took the concept of "democracy in sport" further by giving season-ticket holders the opportunity to vote out the GM every four years. (Hanauer, up for re-election in November, calls his chances "reasonable.")

The suits were also smart enough to stay out of the fans' way. "People ask how we created this amazing stadium energy," Hanauer says. "We didn't create anythingthey did. We've made good decisions, but we're careful not to disrupt the organic growth and authenticity of what's developed here. We know we can screw this up."

Of course, it's easier to support a competitive team. Under coach Schmid, hired fresh off an MLS Cup win with Columbus in 2008, the Sounders won the first three games in their history and haven't looked back. They've since made the playoffs and increased their point total every year without superstars like David Beckham and Thierry Henry. Not that they're cheap. The club has the third-highest payroll in MLS behind LA and New York, spending wisely on lesser-known but highly skilled South Americans like Argentine midfielder Mauro Rosales and Colombian forward Fredy Montero. This season, the Sounders are off to their best start yet.

Like Nirvana and Pearl Jam, what started as coffeehouse counterculture is now a money-making stream. And the rest of MLS is paying attention. New clubs in Portland and Vancouver entered the league in 2011 with similar grassroots excitement, and the European-style atmospheres are slowly taking root in places like Houston and Kansas City, albeit on a much smaller scale. But what plays in Seattle doesn't necessarily sell in KC. Instead of simply following the Sounders' blueprint, other clubs should follow their example. Take the world's game and make it their own.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/sto...-espn-magazine

DJay23 05-16-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonocho (Post 8614016)
Sorry for crashing the SKC thread with this but the Sky Sports reaction to Man City's Goals. Phenomenal ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aodh0...eature=related

One of the coolest endings to a season I can remember. It's right up there with the last day of the baseball regular season last year.

|Zach| 05-18-2012 03:50 PM

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sites/leagu.../05/COLvKC.jpg

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...e-slumping-skc

COLORADO RAPIDS vs SPORTING KANSAS CITY
DICK'S SPORTING GOODS PARK, Commerce City, Colo.
May 19, 2012 (WEEK 11, MLS Game #104)
7 p.m. MT (Altitude; KSMO)

Braincase 05-19-2012 12:10 PM

Anybody watching Chelsea v. Bayern Munich @ 1:45?

Superbowltrashcan 05-19-2012 12:57 PM

Got it on the 110" in the basement and the the other two as well. My oldest is pissed as hell she has to go to her cousin's graduation on her mom's side. I'll DVR it for her. Having a Stiegel Radler to bring luck to BM.... Stuff is tasty....:p

Braincase 05-19-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superbowltrashcan (Post 8626362)
Got it on the 110" in the basement and the the other two as well. My oldest is pissed as hell she has to go to her cousin's graduation on her mom's side. I'll DVR it for her. Having a Stiegel Radler to bring luck to BM.... Stuff is tasty....:p

I have to give Chelsea credit.

Buck 05-19-2012 02:38 PM

That shit was nuts. I normally don't like Chelsea, but I find myself rooting for them.

MMXcalibur 05-19-2012 02:39 PM

Bayern Munich has had roughly 183590157901851 corners with no result. Chelsea takes one and converts.

WoodDraw 05-19-2012 02:42 PM

**** Chelsea. But that was a great header by Drogba.

MMXcalibur 05-19-2012 02:46 PM

I understand how that's a penalty, but what's with the bulls*** of trainers coming on the field? Get the f*** up.

Buck 05-19-2012 02:53 PM

He's French.

Braincase 05-19-2012 03:31 PM

WOW! What a way to pull out the biggest game in the history of the club! CHELSEA! WOW!

ArrowheadHawk 05-19-2012 03:33 PM

So was that an upset?

Buck 05-19-2012 03:34 PM

Epic.

ArrowheadHawk 05-19-2012 03:35 PM

I still think penalty kicks are stupid. Play till someone gets a goal.

Reaper16 05-19-2012 06:25 PM

Mother**** Chelsea. There isn't a fanbase in all of soccer that deserves that win less.

SPATCH 05-19-2012 07:12 PM

lol just turned on the game.. guess Bunbury scored in 2nd minute

Reaper16 05-19-2012 07:17 PM

Sinovic was the missing link these past few games.

Reaper16 05-19-2012 07:31 PM

Bunbury is one frustrating mother****er. He's having a nice game so far, and not just because of the goals.

Braincase 05-19-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8626559)
So was that an upset?

You need to hold up your sarcasm sign.

ArrowheadHawk 05-19-2012 08:28 PM

Sporting is pissing this game away.

Reaper16 05-19-2012 08:37 PM

I'm fed up with the poor second half play of late. It's barely comprehensible how weak SKC has looked as a team lately.

Reaper16 05-19-2012 08:56 PM

All you can ask for as a fan, really, is that your team play hard. Win, lose, or draw you just want to be able to be proud of how your team played.

Tonight was not an effort that SKC fans can be proud of.

Demonpenz 05-19-2012 11:16 PM

Colorado isn't fun to play at from the altitude standpoint, and calling them soccer pussies is kinda redundant.

|Zach| 05-19-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 8627248)
All you can ask for as a fan, really, is that your team play hard. Win, lose, or draw you just want to be able to be proud of how your team played.

Tonight was not an effort that SKC fans can be proud of.

The only game that I had a big problem with effort wise was Montreal. I didn't really feel that from this game at all.

|Zach| 05-19-2012 11:44 PM

Lots of interesting pieces to this game. I feel good for Teal. I was yacking pre game on Twitter about how I wanted him to start and felt he earned it and would do well. He had a goal last week in the reserve game against Chicago that was ****ing sick. He has also stepped up his defensive game.

Seeing Peterson Joeseph in the starting 18 was a surprise and then seeing him take the field was a real "wow" moment. He is the best dribbler and controller of the ball on the whole team...really fast but is still pretty young and raw. His change of pace when he went in was interesting as hell. I liked some of his patience in the final 1\3rd.

Silock 05-20-2012 04:31 AM

****ing hell. Royals-esque.

Agent V 05-20-2012 08:35 AM

Well. That wasn't losing-to-Montreal-at-home disappointing, but Jesus... that game was ours. We can be glad Bunbury may be getting his motor running.

And Nielson saved our asses from a loss near the end.

Reaper16 05-20-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8627513)
The only game that I had a big problem with effort wise was Montreal. I didn't really feel that from this game at all.

They were so mentally sloppy last night, pretty much the entire time from after the second goal until the 88th minute or so. When did kicking the ball out of play and re-setting stop being a thing that's good to do? SKC has been committing way too many dumb fouls and they've been giving the ball away very easily.

SKC started their season winning a bunch of games and they won those games primarily on defense and possession. Now SKC has earned only one single measly point out of the last 12 possible points, and it's because they have lost the ability to possess the ball or defend with any smarts.

If SKC plays their game, plays like the team they've shown, and lose? That's fine. But it's very, very frustrating to see them lose because they refuse to play like themselves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8627519)
Lots of interesting pieces to this game. I feel good for Teal. I was yacking pre game on Twitter about how I wanted him to start and felt he earned it and would do well. He had a goal last week in the reserve game against Chicago that was ****ing sick. He has also stepped up his defensive game.

Seeing Peterson Joeseph in the starting 18 was a surprise and then seeing him take the field was a real "wow" moment. He is the best dribbler and controller of the ball on the whole team...really fast but is still pretty young and raw. His change of pace when he went in was interesting as hell. I liked some of his patience in the final 1\3rd.

Agreed on both counts.

|Zach| 05-20-2012 09:08 PM

Korede Auyibsui, Joseph Peterson, and Kei Kamara at the airport in Denver.

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...70567919_n.jpg

|Zach| 05-21-2012 03:57 PM

Cool video from Portland's win over Chicago last night.

<object width="620" height="349" id="cf25ad5oi" name="cf25ad5on" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/990887/league_2012-05-20-231027.640hq.mp4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed width="620" height="349" src="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/990887/league_2012-05-20-231027.640hq.mp4" id="cf25ad5ei" name="cf25ad5en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

|Zach| 05-21-2012 09:06 PM

Zusi called up for the US Men's National Team.

Espinoza called up for Honduras

Kamara for Sierra Leonne.

Here is the rest of the USMNT squad. There is some real competition at forward. Holy shit.

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

Defenders: Carlos Bocanegra (Rangers), Edgar Castillo (Club Tijuana), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Alfredo Morales (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Houston Dynamo), Oguchi Onyewu (Sporting CP), Michael Parkhurst (FC Nordsjaelland), Clarence Goodson (Brondby IF)

Midfielders: Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Michael Bradley (Chievo Verona), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

Forwards: Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Juan Agudelo (Chivas USA), Terrence Boyd (Borussia Dortmund), Herculez Gomez (Santos Laguna), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes), Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar)

http://www.designlessbetter.com/blog...d1662f9c67.jpg

Ultra Peanut 05-23-2012 10:38 PM

so i just watched my favorite match ever

neat

http://i.imgur.com/2LhHi.jpg

Ultra Peanut 05-24-2012 11:59 PM

That was the LA Galaxy's Monday Night Meltdown, is what I'm saying.

|Zach| 05-25-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 8637207)
That was the LA Galaxy's Monday Night Meltdown, is what I'm saying.

Lots going on around the league. I have a lot of stuff to post tomorrow.

|Zach| 05-25-2012 07:08 AM

TFC wins the flacid Canaidian Championship and gets into the CONCACAF Champions League *again*

What a pack of assholes.

Though credit to Ryan Johnson on the right for holding an invisible trophy.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sites/leagu.../145144555.jpg

|Zach| 05-25-2012 07:11 AM

Kenny Cooper.

<object width="620" height="349" id="cf8d0cfoi" name="cf8d0cfon" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://p.mlssoccer.com/xB8wX/video/997019/997019_2012-05-24-124219.640hq.mp4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed width="620" height="349" src="http://p.mlssoccer.com/xB8wX/video/997019/997019_2012-05-24-124219.640hq.mp4" id="cf8d0cfei" name="cf8d0cfen" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

|Zach| 05-25-2012 07:15 AM

Shutting everyone the hell up in Seattle. Awesome goal.

<object width="620" height="349" id="cfeb4dboi" name="cfeb4dbon" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/996395/mls_2012-05-23-235035.640hq.mp4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed width="620" height="349" src="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/996395/mls_2012-05-23-235035.640hq.mp4" id="cfeb4dbei" name="cfeb4dben" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

|Zach| 05-25-2012 02:17 PM

<object width="620" height="349" id="cfc1db7oi" name="cfc1db7on" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"><param name="movie" value="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/996773/996773_2012-05-24-085813.640hq.mp4"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed width="620" height="349" src="http://p.mlssoccer.com/SAu5a/video/996773/996773_2012-05-24-085813.640hq.mp4" id="cfc1db7ei" name="cfc1db7en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" /></object>

|Zach| 05-26-2012 07:10 AM

US vs Scotland tonight! Watch party at Johnnys downtown for anyone interested.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...11637190_n.jpg

An early MLS game on NBC Sports at 1:30 central with a rematch of last year's MLS Cup. LA vs Houston.

Columbus vs. Chicago in a match of Eastern Conference teams.

Cascadia Cup match with Portland vs. Vancouver should be pretty damn good.

Sporting has to wait till tomorrow to play San Jose.

Ultra Peanut 05-26-2012 07:25 AM

Awesome postin', Big Z. This is the first match for SJEFC74 Fussballklub in months where a draw wouldn't feel even a little bit disappointing, considering the lack of Wondo/Lenhart and Bernardez' continued absence. Three week break after this, which is sad for me but awesome for a team with some injury and conditioning issues.

Also a US match, so that's fun.

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8637348)
TFC wins the flacid Canaidian Championship and gets into the CONCACAF Champions League *again*

What a pack of assholes.

Though credit to Ryan Johnson on the right for holding an invisible trophy.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/sites/leagu.../145144555.jpg

**** RYAN JOHNSON

****ing hate that guy. He was so shitty and gave away the ball SO MUCH and I was so overjoyed when the Quakes traded him for basically nothing. In summation **** Ryan Johnson. Any day he's happy is a bad day and there is no more fitting place for him than Soccer Purgatory.

(My hatred of him, no matter how irrationally intense, is a very real thing to me.)

Reaper16 05-26-2012 09:17 AM

I don't see how San Jose doesn't walk out of LSP with at least one point, even with them missing their forwards. Sporting look like absolute dogshit and have for the last month. Maybe SKC can pull of a win if Zusi magically returns to form.

the Talking Can 05-26-2012 06:12 PM

friendly

US v. Scotland

Soccer By Ives:
This is how the USA should line up tonight:

--------------------------Boyd-----------------------------

------------Torres----------------Donovan-------------

--------Edu-----------Jones-------Bradley-----------

Johnson-Bocanegra--Cameron--Cherundolo

--------------------------Howard---------------------------

the Talking Can 05-26-2012 06:19 PM

wow...that anthem was a ****ing train wreck, did she win american idol?

the Talking Can 05-26-2012 06:25 PM

donovan in 3rd min

goooooooooooaaaaaallllll!!

the Talking Can 05-26-2012 06:33 PM

bradley outside the box!

2-0 at 10 mins

SPATCH 05-26-2012 06:35 PM

I missed the first 10 minutes because I was trimming my pubes... I wanna see those goals

the Talking Can 05-26-2012 06:36 PM

own goal USA

jesus ****ing christ, we can't have good things

2-1

Stanley Nickels 05-26-2012 06:36 PM

Holy **** what a goal..

SPATCH 05-26-2012 06:36 PM

****... ****ing own goal... should have stayed in the bathroom and fine-tuned my pubes.

Stanley Nickels 05-26-2012 06:37 PM

Not the OG...

SPATCH 05-26-2012 06:56 PM

Oh nice.. Jason LaConfora just tweeted me. I like LaConfora. He's a football guy, but loves soccer as well. Refreshing, considering the typical football attitude toward the sport.

the Talking Can 05-26-2012 07:39 PM

3-1!

damn beautiful soccer

2nd for donovan