ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Codered 03-28-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8498669)
Oh, come on. No way the SEC would want MU instead of WV. No way would WV rather be in the SEC than the Bog 12. Clearly what happened was that WV was dying to get into the Big 12, so the Big 12 kicked Missouri out for such a massive upgrade, and the SEC became so frightened they added Missouri in a panic move their certainly regret, or they will after their media deal gets negotiated downward as the Big 12 has clearly passed them up in football.

Wickedson will now use this post as if it's truth!

Saul Good 03-28-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498652)
The conference provides means to regionally compete with neighboring schools so travel and expense is kept to a reasonable level.

Of course you play "the team across the river". That's how sports has always been run. It's the right way to do it.

If your brand is strong enough to have a running independent media deal and network ala Texas and KU then so be it. Money doesn't buy success on the field. Just look at UT Football the last couple years.

In our ongoing effort to make sure that travel costs are kept to a minimum, we would like to welcome West Virgina to the Big XII. West Virginia comes to us from the Big East Conference where they and Syracuse will be replaced by San Diego State and Boise State.

In other news, Kansas has declined Missouri's offer to play in the non-conference instead opting to play against Northern Illinois, Rice, and the aforementioned San Diego State.

Any questions may be directed towards our fearless leader, Chuck Neinas who is joining us on remote from Kemper Arena where he eagerly awaits the tipoff of the Big XII tournament.

qabbaan 03-28-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8498690)
In our ongoing effort to make sure that travel costs are kept to a minimum, we would like to welcome West Virgina to the Big XII. West Virginia comes to us from the Big East Conference where they and Syracuse will be replaced by San Diego State and Boise State.

In other news, Kansas has declined Missouri's offer to play in the non-conference instead opting to play against Northern Illinois, Rice, and the aforementioned San Diego State.

Any questions may be directed towards our fearless leader, Chuck Neinas who is joining us on remote from Kemper Arena where he eagerly awaits the tipoff of the Big XII tournament.

Now why would the Big 12 hold a tournament in a state where they have no teams?

Bambi 03-28-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498662)
Sometimes BCS frauds luck out and end up playing other BCS frauds.

Sort of like the 2008 Orange Bowl.

You're still thinking about that?

That's too bad. I'm concentrating on winning another Championship this weekend.

Move on bro.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8498697)

That's a good question. Wickedson also assures me that its also a very dangerous city, this place KU calls KANSAS City.

DaKCMan AP 03-28-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498615)
In the last decade WVU is 4-3 in bowl games with 3 BCS wins. In that same time Texas A&M is 1-5 and hasn't even sniffed the BCS.

Army was good at football once too.

How many of those BCS games were as an at-large bid?

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8498697)

Because there are thousands upon thousands more KU fans in the Kansas City, MO area than any other school.

Kansas is making a push to overtake the area completely by lowering tuition rates in three prominent counties on the Missouri side of the border. They aren't hiding from the fact that already they've been taking advantage of MU's decision to leave the area.

There's a reason why you see more KU gear at Chiefs and Royals games than any other school.

Where the game is played is immaterial. The Giants and Jets both play in New Jersey. They are powerful NFL teams because of their ties to NY however.

Sometimes that's how these things work out.

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8498713)
How many of those BCS games were as an at-large bid?

I don't know. I'm at work and don't have time to check.

But if they would have lost them it would make sense that they weren't deserving.

Too bad they won them all.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498715)
Because there are thousands upon thousands more KU fans in the Kansas City, MO area than any other school.

Kansas is making a push to overtake the area completely by lowering tuition rates in three prominent counties on the Missouri side of the border. They aren't hiding from the fact that already they've been taking advantage of MU's decision to leave the area.

They'd better do something to stop their declining enrollment.
Http://www.news.ku.edu/2011/september/27/enroll.shtml

Meanwhile Mizzou keeps setting records for enrollment and is planning a massive project to increase the football stadium's capacity.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498718)
I don't know. I'm at work and don't have time to check.

But if they would have lost them it would make sense that they weren't deserving.

Too bad they won them all.

So you were able to post an article about LGBT rankings, but you can't check on this? Do you have The Advocate bookmarked or something for quick and easy reference?

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8498729)
They'd better do something to stop their declining enrollment.
Http://www.news.ku.edu/2011/september/27/enroll.shtml

Meanwhile Mizzou keeps setting records for enrollment and is planning a massive project to increase the football stadium's capacity.

KU set an attendance record less than 5 years ago. It's hard to go anywhere but down when you're on top.

Maybe there is a school out there that has never had enrollment decline?

Seems pretty tough to do when you set attendance records and then those students graduate.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498747)
KU set an attendance record less than 5 years ago. It's hard to go anywhere but down when you're on top.

Maybe there is a school out there that has never had enrollment decline?

Seems pretty tough to do when you set attendance records and then those students graduate.

Theoretically, those graduating students are replaced by incoming Freshmen. Of course, theoretically, you build off the success of your best ever football season and keep churning out winning teams.

qabbaan 03-28-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498747)

I for one am shocked that a bottom feeder who had a successful year in football set an attendance record for football that year.

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8498760)
Theoretically, those graduating students are replaced by incoming Freshmen. Of course, theoretically, you build off the success of your best ever football season and keep churning out winning teams.

It appears KU took a couple years off to get back to another Final Four.

I wouldn't worry yourself regarding the football team.

From what people are saying it is in very good hands.

Frazod 03-28-2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498702)
You're still thinking about that?

That's too bad. I'm concentrating on winning another Championship this weekend.

Move on bro.

No, douche, you're the one who keeps touting every BCS team as if they had to slay some mythical beast to get in. Some deserve to be there. Some, like West Virginia, took advantage of a ridiculously weak conference to get in year after year. Some, like Kansas, rode a ridiculously weak fluke schedule to get in once.

Take the 2007 Illinois team. First off, it's actually somewhat insulting to Illinois to compare them to Kansas, since Illinois actually beat a couple of really good teams during the course of their season, but they were both BCS teams that lost to Missouri on neutral fields, so there is that. Illinois went to the Rose Bowl and played USC. They got slaughtered. Kansas went to the Orange Bowl and played the Chokies. Sucks for Illinois that they had to play a real team, eh?

Codered 03-28-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498772)

You better hope so with the additions of the historic powerhouses the Big 12 added!

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498784)
No, douche, you're the one who keeps touting every BCS team as if they had to slay some mythical beast to get in. Some deserve to be there. Some, like West Virginia, took advantage of a ridiculously weak conference to get in year after year. Some, like Kansas, rode a ridiculously weak fluke schedule to get in once.

Take the 2007 Illinois team. First off, it's actually somewhat insulting to Illinois to compare them to Kansas, since Illinois actually beat a couple of really good teams during the course of their season, but they were both BCS teams that lost to Missouri on neutral fields, so there is that. Illinois went to the Rose Bowl and played USC. They got slaughtered. Kansas went to the Orange Bowl and played the Chokies. Sucks for Illinois that they had to play a real team, eh?

KU and WVU are 4-0 in the BCS.

Why do you keep bringing it up? It's over. No big deal. Time for Championship Weekend.

Bambi 03-28-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Codered (Post 8498810)
You better hope so with the additions of the historic powerhouses the Big 12 added!

I've stated many times that with the addition of WVU and TCU over MU and Texas A&M that football just got much more difficult for KU.

There's no hiding that fact.

kcchiefsus 03-28-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498772)

People often say a lot of stupid shit. Kansas is still likely the least talented team in the Big 12, only POSSIBLY ahead of Iowa State. Your fatass head coach has shown nothing but mediocrity at the college level despite the unlimited resources at his disposal at Notre Dame and Florida. At a crap program like Kansas, he's ****ed.

Frazod 03-28-2012 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498824)
KU and WVU are 4-0 in the BCS.

Why do you keep bringing it up? It's over. No big deal. Time for Championship Weekend.

Just trying to make you understand that all BCS teams are not created equal. Some are really good. Some are Kansas and West Virginia.

ArrowheadHawk 03-28-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498836)
Just trying to make you understand that all BCS teams are not created equal. Some are really good. Some are Kansas and West Virginia.

You still not over this Frazod?

Pants 03-28-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498836)

And some are not BCS teams at all.

(sorry, I had to)

:evil:

Bambi 03-28-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8498879)
And some are not BCS teams at all.

(sorry, I had to)

:evil:

ROFL

classic

Frazod 03-28-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArrowheadHawk (Post 8498878)
You still not over this Frazod?

As long as your pet reerun continues to treat backing into a BCS game like winning the Super Bowl, I'll continue to call him on it.

Bambi 03-28-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8498916)
As long as your pet reerun continues to treat backing into a BCS game like winning the Super Bowl, I'll continue to call him on it.

I never brought up KU you ****ing moron.

This was about WVU's 3-0 BCS record.

Which year should we look to when they got in unfairly?

Which win?

GTFO already, you ****ing trashbag.

Frazod 03-28-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498923)
I never brought up KU you ****ing moron.

This was about WVU's 3-0 BCS record.

Which year should we look to when they got in unfairly?

Which win?

GTFO already, you ****ing trashbag.

Uh, ALL OF THEM? Their old conference compares to quality football like you do to real men. LMAO

mnchiefsguy 03-28-2012 11:30 AM

Wow Frazod, you are really under Wickedson's skin today. You would think he would off getting ready to celebrate his team making the final four, instead of obsessing over conference re-alignment. Maybe Wickedson is just a closet WVU fan?

DaKCMan AP 03-28-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498828)
I've stated many times that with the addition of WVU and TCU over MU and Texas A&M that football just got much more difficult for KU.

There's no hiding that fact.

So instead of 1 win over each school in the last 6 years KU won't get any against TCU & WVU?

Pants 03-28-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8498939)
Wow Frazod, you are really under Wickedson's skin today. You would think he would off getting ready to celebrate his team making the final four, instead of obsessing over conference re-alignment. Maybe Wickedson is just a closet WVU fan?

I think it's the other way around, actually. And not just with frazod. :D

Saul Good 03-28-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8498940)
So instead of 1 win over each school in the last 6 years KU won't get any against TCU & WVU?

Am I interpreting this correctly in hearing that Kansas has exactly 1 win each against Nebraska, Colorado, aTm, and Mizzou over the past 6 years in football?

Old Dog 03-28-2012 11:35 AM

Wickedson is certainly an entertaining little twit, you've got to give him that.
It never ceases to amaze me how that in two or three posts (many of which even he can't possibly believe) he can turn some folks into raging morons.

Bambi 03-28-2012 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8498939)

hehe, good try.

Don't blame me. I'm the one who's been saying for years around here the college football isn't a real sport and more of a showcase of NFL talent.

Bowls choose teams based on brand, popularity and travel potential.

Kansas was chosen in 2008. I wasn't involved. I didn't even bring KU up.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Dog (Post 8498948)
Wickedson is certainly an entertaining little twit, you've got to give him that.
It never ceases to amaze me how that in two or three posts (many of which even he can't possibly believe) he can turn some folks into raging morons.

It's amazing how he can look at the sun and call it the moon.

Wickedson: Let's see. We are adding Texas Christian and losing aTm. I know...I'll blast aTm for being too religious. Perfect. We're adding a school from a state 1500 miles away and refusing to play a school from a state 25 minutes from Lawrence. I know...I'll say conference affiliation is about geography.

What's next? Is he going to call out Mizzou for having fat coaches?

qabbaan 03-28-2012 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8498940)

I don't think they consider football first.

The move doesn't affect basketball much because the conference is the same size and they normally won those anyway. Appearing in the postseason is not contingent on your conference results or winning a championship. It's neutral in the short term if you are a basketball school.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8498950)
hehe, good try.

Don't blame me. I'm the one who's been saying for years around here the college football isn't a real sport and more of a showcase of NFL talent.

Bowls choose teams based on brand, popularity and travel potential.

Kansas was chosen in 2008. I wasn't involved. I didn't even bring KU up.

Its sickening how college football is just a minor league system for the NFL. Look at all the 1-and-done players in college football. I mean, you'd never see a scenario where the best college basketball team full of guys who chose a school because they wanted to go to the NBA the next year. /Calipari

Saul Good 03-28-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8498961)
I don't think they consider football first.

The move doesn't affect basketball much because the conference is the same size and they normally won those anyway. Appearing in the postseason is not contingent on your conference results or winning a championship. It's neutral in the short term if you are a basketball school.

What conference is the same size?

DaKCMan AP 03-28-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8498947)
Am I interpreting this correctly in hearing that Kansas has exactly 1 win each against Nebraska, Colorado, aTm, and Mizzou over the past 6 years in football?

1 win each against Nebraska, aTm, and Mizzou in the past 6 years. Colorado they only have 1 loss against in the past 6 years.

Pants 03-28-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8498972)
1 win each against Nebraska, aTm, and Mizzou in the past 6 years. Colorado they only have 1 loss against in the past 6 years.

Yeah, it's been a shitty past 6 years. The 3 years before that we were MU's daddy.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8498995)
Yeah, it's been a shitty past 6 years. The 3 years before that we were MU's daddy.

Sssshh you, Mizzou is football powerhouse!

Bowser 03-28-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Six years ago, my kid was in fourth grade. My, how time flies. ;)

Bowser 03-28-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499007)
Sssshh you, Mizzou is football powerhouse!

This is actually a good point.

Maybe we as Mizzou fans have become content to push around the KU's of the world. This move to the SEC is just what we need to continue cementing our reputation as a football up and comer. The SEC will offer harder challenges, therefore Mizzou will reach new levels of performance, since we don't have the KU's of the world to fall back on. Most excellent.

Braincase 03-28-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Horseshit. Never happened. And basketball season ended March 11.

KCinNY 03-28-2012 12:09 PM

Mizzou Senior WR and team captian, T.J. Moe knows that the SEC will be a big step up in competition for the Tigers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. Moe (Post 8498916)
I think it’s going to be a rigorous transition because of the bottom teams in the SEC. They’re basically what the mid-tier teams were in the Big 12. The top teams in the Big 12 are every bit as good as the top teams in the SEC. But we get to play Kansas every year in the Big 12, and there’s no Kansas in the SEC. It’s almost like you have off weeks in the Big 12. You can’t say that about the SEC. You have to bring your “A” game every week.

ROFL

Pants 03-28-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8499013)

Maybe we as Mizzou fans have become content to push around the KU's of the world. This move to the SEC is just what we need to continue cementing our reputation as a football up and comer. The SEC will offer harder challenges, therefore Mizzou will reach new levels of performance, since we don't have the KU's of the world to fall back on. Most excellent.

Would be true if the record wasn't 5-4 in the last 9 years. The Gill experiment was a complete fail, that much is obvious. Before that, though... yeah.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8499025)
Would be true if the record wasn't 5-4 in the last 9 years. The Gill experiment was a complete fail, that much is obvious. Before that, though... yeah.

Not sure why 9 years is the barometer. Nobody on Mizzou's 2012 team ever lost to Kansas. Those are the only players that matter.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 8499013)

They certainly have their work cut out for them, they went 7-5 last year with losses to OU, OSU, K-State, Baylor and Az State playing in the weak Big 12. But they did finish strong, good luck!

Pasta Little Brioni 03-28-2012 12:20 PM

The kid came back for more punishment? What a dumbass. At least he wasn't talking about grown men's endowments this time.

Frazod 03-28-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 8498943)
I think it's the other way around, actually. And not just with frazod. :D

I'm just playing whack-a-tard. :sulk:

Saul Good 03-28-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499038)
They certainly have their work cut out for them, they went 7-5 last year with losses to OU, OSU, K-State, Baylor and Az State playing in the weak Big 12. But they did finish strong, good luck!

8-5

Frazod 03-28-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Would have been 9-4 if Pinkel hadn't iced his own kicker in the ASU game. :banghead:

qabbaan 03-28-2012 12:32 PM

I heard that Mizzou nearly missed out on the consensus #1 football recruit in the country and USA Today's high school player of the year over this SEC move.

They said he considered Kansas but in the end he was afraid the high level of competition in the Big 12 might hurt his chances of going to the NFL, so he picked a lower profile conference.

Bambi 03-28-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

The 24-10 curbstomp?

I've never been so unhappy while winning a game in my life. Just of what woulda happened had Gill held on!

Ugh...

Bambi 03-28-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qabbaan (Post 8499111)
I heard that Mizzou nearly missed out on the consensus #1 football recruit in the country and USA Today's high school player of the year over this SEC move.

They said he considered Kansas but in the end he was afraid the high level of competition in the Big 12 might hurt his chances of going to the NFL, so he picked a lower profile conference.

You talking bout DGB? KU had two scheduled meetings with him and Gill didn't show up for either.

qabbaan 03-28-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499140)
You talking bout DGB? KU had two scheduled meetings with him and Gill didn't show up for either.

Thank goodness, no doubt DGB would have chosen the glory of playing football in Lawrence and the Big 12 if he had shown up.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499089)
8-5

You noticed I referred to the regular season, by mentioning the Big12? But we can't forget the Independence Bowl win, is that a BCS bowl?

HemiEd 03-28-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499103)
Would have been 9-4 if Pinkel hadn't iced his own kicker in the ASU game. :banghead:

That is about the time you jumped off the Pinkel bandwagon, wasn't it?

Saul Good 03-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499136)
The 24-10 curbstomp?

I've never been so unhappy while winning a game in my life. Just of what woulda happened had Gill held on!

Ugh...

If only Mizzou hadn't scored those 24 unanswered points.

If only Mizzou hadn't outrushed Kansas 171-65...

If only Mizzou hadn't outpassed Kansas 180-72...

If only Mizzou hadn't gained 18 first downs to KU's 10...

Imagine what might have been.

Dr. Gigglepants 03-28-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499136)
The 24-10 curbstomp?

Ugh...

Why do you always try to find victory in that game because KU had the lead at one point? I never see anyone else do that with that game. MU was at least within a snowballs chance in Hell of winning 4 out of 5 of our losses last year. Hell, we probably should have won the ASU game, Baylor was back and forth the whole time. You don't really see us touting any moral victories in those games though. Hey everybody we were up by 19 in the 2nd half at AFH this year, GREAT JOB ON THE WIN!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Frazod 03-28-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499157)
That is about the time you jumped off the Pinkel bandwagon, wasn't it?

I've never exactly been his biggest fan, but I'd take him over Jabba the Weis.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499151)
You noticed I referred to the regular season, by mentioning the Big12? But we can't forget the Independence Bowl win, is that a BCS bowl?

I also noticed you talked about Arizona State. I assume they haven't joined the Big XII since I haven't seen Wickedson talk about their endowment, so I'm not sure what referencing the Big XII has to do with excluding the bowl game when discussing Mizzou's season.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499191)
I also noticed you talked about Arizona State. I assume they haven't joined the Big XII since I haven't seen Wickedson talk about their endowment, so I'm not sure what referencing the Big XII has to do with excluding the bowl game when discussing Mizzou's season.

Regular season, non conference, combined with conference games.

then after that is the bowl game

HemiEd 03-28-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499183)
I've never exactly been his biggest fan, but I'd take him over Jabba the Weis.

We shall see. Weis certainly has a lot of work to do, but it appears he has cut a pretty wide path already.

Frazod 03-28-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499229)
We shall see. Weis certainly has a lot of work to do, but it appears he has cut a pretty wide path already.

Yeah, he certainly lit things up at Notre Dame, with infinitely more resources, too! :thumb:

Mr. Laz 03-28-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8499239)
Yeah, he certainly lit things up at Notre Dame, with infinitely more resources, too! :thumb:

aren't you gone yet?

Frazod 03-28-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8499241)
aren't you gone yet?

Gone where?

Saul Good 03-28-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499220)
Regular season, non conference, combined with conference games.

then after that is the bowl game

So why would mentioning the Big XII make it clear that you were only talking about the regular season? It doesn't, because there is more to the regular season than just Big XII games just as there is more to the season than the non-conference games and the conference games.

Mizzou was 8-5. If we had lost the bowl game, you would have said we were 7-6. Instead, you decided to cherry pick. That's fine. Just pointing out that Mizzou won 8 games. That's become our floor in recent years.

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Gigglepants (Post 8499174)
Why do you always try to find victory in that game because KU had the lead at one point? I never see anyone else do that with that game. MU was at least within a snowballs chance in Hell of winning 4 out of 5 of our losses last year. Hell, we probably should have won the ASU game, Baylor was back and forth the whole time. You don't really see us touting any moral victories in those games though. Hey everybody we were up by 19 in the 2nd half at AFH this year, GREAT JOB ON THE WIN!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

KU didn't win. I'm happy they didn't win.

What does moral victory have to do with anything I said?

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:

He went to two BCS games. That's what KU wants to get back to so let's see what he can do.

People will eventually realize the days of winning at ND like they used to will never happen again. The academic requirements and nature of the university just don't mesh with the contemporary student athlete.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 8499246)
So why would mentioning the Big XII make it clear that you were only talking about the regular season? It doesn't, because there is more to the regular season than just Big XII games just as there is more to the season than the non-conference games and the conference games.

Mizzou was 8-5. If we had lost the bowl game, you would have said we were 7-6. Instead, you decided to cherry pick. That's fine. Just pointing out that Mizzou won 8 games. That's become our floor in recent years.

Semantics, whatever.

I had looked up their regular season schedule and actually paid them a compliment for finishing strong. Nice bowl win, congratulations! :thumb:

So you agree they are at their floor, and are not ascending? Heading to the powerhouse conference while they are on the floor?

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499278)
Semantics, whatever.

I had looked up their regular season schedule and actually paid them a compliment for finishing strong. Nice bowl win, congratulations! :thumb:

So you agree they are at their floor, and are not ascending? Heading to the powerhouse conference while they are on the floor?

Well since the Big 12 is so bad at everything.... and MU can only win 8 games.... what does that make them in the SEC??

DaKCMan AP 03-28-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8499272)
He went to two BCS games. That's what KU wants to get back to so let's see what he can do.

The BCS game was an aberration. What KU has been able to "get back to" is its long, storied tradition of being teh suck in college football.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

He not only had more resources, he had more restrictions.

Please don't pretend there weren't several ND HCs in a row that had the same issues, due to the scholastic and other requirements on the athletes.

Secondly, Weis may just have a little bit of chip on his shoulder. I kind of sense that from what I have been reading, but could be wrong.

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8499290)
The BCS game was an aberration. What KU has been able to "get back to" is its long, storied tradition of being teh suck in college football.

Once you've been there you know what is possible.

-Wickedson

DeezNutz 03-28-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499296)

Please don't pretend their weren't several ND HCs in a row that had the same issues, due to the scholastic and other requirements on the athletes.

Secondly, Weis may just have a little bit of chip on his shoulder. I kind of sense that from what I have been reading, but could be wrong.

The seat belt on his rascal is too tight; that's all.

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Please don't pretend there weren't several ND HCs in a row that had the same issues, due to the scholastic and other requirements on the athletes.

You think Weis would be allowed to bring in a bunch of post grad transfers, like he's done at KU (and pretty much any other school), at Notre Dame?

Frazod 03-28-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

If he had a chip on his shoulder, he'd eat it.

DeezNutz 03-28-2012 01:41 PM

Seriously, no one gives a shit about KU football, so it would be great if that isn't a subject of conversation in this thread.

Saul Good 03-28-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 8499278)
Semantics, whatever.

I know you aren't this stupid. We aren't at our traditional floor. We have established a new floor that is higher than our old one. Hell, it's higher than KU's ceiling.

7 wins next year would be a disappointment for Mizzou or a cause for celebration for KU.

I'd rather have an 8 win season be my floor than my ceiling.

Bambi 03-28-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 8499313)
Seriously, no one gives a shit about KU football, so it would be great if that isn't a subject of conversation in this thread.

Really? The post count for the season that hasn't even begun yet dwarfs anything related to any other sport/school.

HemiEd 03-28-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 8499290)

Actually to be fair, if you look at the long history of KU football it is more average than suck or great.

They had a lot of really good teams, but were average more than any other.

If you look at their bowl record, they have been to two in the 60s, 2 in the 70s, 1 in the 80s, 2 in the 90s and 4 in the 2000s. Of course the early bowl appearances were before they had a bowl for every other team in the NCAA.