ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink What's for dinner? Here's mine... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269869)

Easy 6 07-09-2014 06:52 PM

A "broaster" chicken and Bob Evans loaded mashed potatoes at the market, hell with it, worked too hard today to wanna cook, just wanna be fed...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FhH3mRkKDX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BucEyedPea 07-09-2014 06:57 PM

I've had Bob Evans mashed potatoes before. Like when I did a show in Indiana and it was next to my hotel. Never ate there before but those mashed potatoes were really good. So I wound up seeing them in the supermarket when I returned home and picked them up. They are really good.

Fire Me Boy! 07-09-2014 07:01 PM

Wife did a chuck roast with carrots and corn on the cob.

Sisters' vegetable cleavage.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/10/vu2uhebu.jpg

Easy 6 07-09-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BucEyedPea (Post 10738655)
I've had Bob Evans mashed potatoes before. Like when I did a show in Indiana and it was next to my hotel. Never ate there before but those mashed potatoes were really good. So I wound up seeing them in the supermarket when I returned home and picked them up. They are really good.

High fat, but worth it when you don't give a damn... I figure the roasted chicken will outweigh it.

Passepartout 07-09-2014 07:03 PM

Steak a Ribeye in the oven and Scalloped Potatoes.

BucEyedPea 07-09-2014 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10738672)
High fat, but worth it when you don't give a damn... I figure the roasted chicken will outweigh it.

Yeah, I was floored when I read the ingredients although I don't think fat, even saturated, in and of itself, is bad for you. It's some of the unpronounceable ingredients I question. Iirc, there's something hyrdogenated in them. Anyhow, must be why they have a fairly long shelf-life. :D

My Christmas mashed are high in fat, butter and whole-fat sour cream topped with fresh snipped chives. :drool:

BucEyedPea 07-09-2014 07:30 PM

Well, here are the ingredients in Bob Evans mashed potatoes:
Potatoes, Whole Milk, Butter (Cream Salt), Margarine (Liquid and Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Whey, Soy Lecithin, Mono And Diglycerides, Sodium Benzoate [Preservative], Artificial Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate), Contains 2% or Less of the Following: Salt, Potassium Sorbate (Preservative), Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Spice, Artificial Color, Mono and Diglycerides.
Geez! They actually use margarine...that's not that good for you. Butter is better for you.

BucEyedPea 07-09-2014 07:31 PM

Well, I'm off late to the supermarket before it closes pick-up some mushrooms, to make my vegan stuffed cabbage for tommorrow.

Easy 6 07-09-2014 07:39 PM

Hydrogenated oil, benzoate, pyrophosphates, colors and dyglycerides?

It sounds like Chinese dog food.

Yeah its crap, what can I say, but I'm a well deserved lazy tonight... tastes good enough for now.

BucEyedPea 07-09-2014 07:54 PM

I do that on occasion when I'm tired. I'd still eat 'em on the road if I am hungry and it's what's around. I just choose my poison from time to time.

Hammock Parties 07-09-2014 07:54 PM

IT'S BLT TIME

srvy 07-09-2014 07:55 PM

I had 2 meals in Bob Evans 1st and last. We were on our way to Western Kansas for a work project. We stopped in Salina for Breakfast and ordered our food and waited and waited. Finally an hour passed and we asked if they forgot our food. The waitress fessed up that the cook had walked out a little earlier in a dispute with the manager. The manager was cooking and we could stay and our meal would be free or take a rain check and come bake again meal on them. we chose the first big mistake. The food came biscuits and gravy was cold, bacon was barely done. The eggs were over easy and came out chirping the whites still runny and clear in some. The only thing edible was the toast and the OJ was ok too. Never been back.

BucEyedPea 07-09-2014 08:09 PM

Shoulda' taken that rain check as soon as you heard it wasn't the cook doin' the cooking. Oh well! Hind sight's always twenty-twenty.

I had their turkey with mashed, and green beans. It was decent turkey too.

BucEyedPea 07-09-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10738746)
Hydrogenated oil, benzoate, pyrophosphates, colors and dyglycerides?

It sounds like Chinese dog food.

Yeah its crap, what can I say, but I'm a well deserved lazy tonight... tastes good enough for now.

Well, at least the first few ingredients were good. That's what matter most...as that position in the list means it's mostly that.

R8RFAN 07-11-2014 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Had a frozen pork shoulder roast that was too big so I thawed it out and cut it three ways and put one chunk in the rotisserie.. Cooked to about 150 degrees internal sliced it up and it made tasty roast pork sandwiches with slaw... P.s. I rubbed the roast with emirls rib rub..