ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Cardinals ***Offical 2012 STL Cardinals World Champions Thread *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619)

BigRedChief 10-21-2012 08:45 PM

Cardinals are 6-0 in elimination games the last two years.
Giants are 5-0 in elimination games this year.

Someone is going down.

Simply Red 10-21-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9037215)
I'll give this to Joe Buck. Even though he's a Cards fan personally he doesn't let it show in his broadcasts.

Joe Buck looks like a three way tie between Sally Jesse Raphael, William Macy and Arnold Schwarzenegger.

NJChiefsFan 10-21-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 9037215)
I'll give this to Joe Buck. Even though he's a Cards fan personally he doesn't let it show in his broadcasts.

The guy still bothers me. Jumps to a lot of conclusions on certain things. i.e, though silly, when Zito was seen saying "wow" during his at bat. Buck and that moron McCarver went on about how he was amazed at the fastball speed. Nope, he was clearly mad about the two prior calls. I don't hate him but he gets to me. Next to McCarver though, he isn't bad. McCarver is the Collinsworth of the MLB.

NJChiefsFan 10-21-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9037218)

Someone is going down.

I really hope its a tight game. I think it could be epic.

BigRedChief 10-21-2012 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9037218)

Someone is going down.

Cardinals are 11-4 all-time in Game 7's

The most Game 7's of all teams and the most wins in Game 7's of all teams.

BigRedChief 10-21-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9037456)
Cardinals are 11-4 all-time in Game 7's

The most Game 7's of all teams and the most wins in Game 7's of all teams.

The one team that did win Game 7 after Game 6 loss - St. Louis Cardinals vs. Mets in 2006

BIG_DADDY 10-21-2012 11:48 PM

Wow, if the Giants pull this off it is going to be absolutely amazing. Just got back in town. Gotta look for a ticket tomorrow.

With Melky out, Lincecum having a really hard year and Wilson gone for the entire season I can't believe we are just one win away.

King_Chief_Fan 10-22-2012 06:50 AM

Carpenter, Holliday, Jay, Craig.......what have you done to help?
NOT MUCH

BigRedChief 10-22-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9037605)
Wow, if the Giants pull this off it is going to be absolutely amazing. Just got back in town. Gotta look for a ticket tomorrow.

With Melky out, Lincecum having a really hard year and Wilson gone for the entire season I can't believe we are just one win away.

We have an amazing story too.

Lost the best hitter of his generation
Lost a Hall of Fame Manager
Lost the best pitching coach of his generation
Lost Carpenter for 150 games
Manager who has never managed a baseball team in his life
Wainwright coming off Tommy John (still not himself)
Lost our leadoff hitter and SS before the end of the season
Berkman did nothing to help us this year.

I wouldnt be counting your chickens before they hatch. We can play like you have seen the last couple of games but for whatever the reason when their backs are against the wall. they win. Their 6-0 record the 2 years is all the proof that you need that I highly doubt the Cardinals you have seen the last two games is the one that shows up tonight.

DJ's left nut 10-22-2012 09:08 AM

18 straight innings of garbage baseball.

7 unearned runs in 2 days. Maybe 3 or 4 decent ABs the entire time. Pitchers that are taking 2 innings to get the !@#$ing ball out of the top 1/2 of the strike zone.

The Cardinals have spent the last 2 days doing absolutely every single thing wrong.

And now they get to face Matt Cain at home in an elimination game against a team that clearly expects to win.

But BRC says that I'm wrong to be disappointed if they don't win this thing.

I don't see how this season can't possibly leave an awful taste in your mouth if they finish this choke job tomorrow.

BIG_DADDY 10-22-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9037856)
We have an amazing story too.

Lost the best hitter of his generation
Lost a Hall of Fame Manager
Lost the best pitching coach of his generation
Lost Carpenter for 150 games
Manager who has never managed a baseball team in his life
Wainwright coming off Tommy John (still not himself)
Lost our leadoff hitter and SS before the end of the season
Berkman did nothing to help us this year.

I wouldnt be counting your chickens before they hatch. We can play like you have seen the last couple of games but for whatever the reason when their backs are against the wall. they win. Their 6-0 record the 2 years is all the proof that you need that I highly doubt the Cardinals you have seen the last two games is the one that shows up tonight.

OK, who's counting chickens? Overcoming 6 elimiation games in one post season would be epic. I hope Cain brings his A game. We haven't seen it in awhile.

BigRedChief 10-22-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 9038110)
OK, who's counting chickens? Overcoming 6 elimiation games in one post season would be epic. I hope Cain brings his A game. We haven't seen it in awhile.

MLB tonight was talking about Cain having a "dead arm". That he is showing signs of this condition. Said he just has to pitch through it. Don't really understand this condition except its not good to be pitching a game 7 and you could fall off the cliff.

BigRedChief 10-22-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9038057)
But BRC says that I'm wrong to be disappointed if they don't win this thing.

I don't see how this season can't possibly leave an awful taste in your mouth if they finish this choke job tomorrow.

You see the list above correct? Yet, its a failure if they don't reach the World series every year.

You will be disapointed almost every year. Last 12 years you have 10 different champions. Your Cardinals are one of the repeat Champions yet that's still not good enough?

Pasta Little Brioni 10-22-2012 12:06 PM

Let's do this!!! Should be fun as both teams have that never say die attitude. Fitting it goes to Game 7 between these 2 teams.

seclark 10-22-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9038645)
Let's do this!!! Should be fun as both teams have that never say die attitude. Fitting it goes to Game 7 between these 2 teams.

i agree, but i'm a little worried about the cards this time around. never been a giants fan, but they look pretty darn salty.
sec