ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

okcchief 03-02-2013 12:26 AM

If Denver and Memphis play in the first round it should be a really fun series.

ChiefsCountry 03-02-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9456215)
The Thunder have been really bad on the road recently. A bunch of undisciplined shit going on. This is when having a coach who had the players respect would be nice. The biggest difference in Harden and Martin is their performance on the road. Not good signs for the playoffs.

Dude just enjoy the ride until Durant turns 28. Then you will start winning championships. History pretty much proves this.

Miles 03-02-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9456326)
If Denver and Memphis play in the first round it should be a really fun series.

However it works out the Western conference playoffs should be pretty great this year. Think there is a decent chance GS slides out and LA takes one of the last three spots.

Miles 03-02-2013 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9456341)
Dude just enjoy the ride until Durant turns 28. Then you will start winning championships. History pretty much proves this.

If it takes till 28 for Durrant to win one I'm not sure it's with OKC.

-King- 03-02-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9456350)
If it takes till 28 for Durrant to win one I'm not sure it's with OKC.

Durant isn't leaving OKC.

Miles 03-02-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9456355)
Durant isn't leaving OKC.

It's a possibility if he does not win a championship in the next 4 years there.

okcchief 03-02-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9456364)
It's a possibility if he does not win a championship in the next 4 years there.

He seems like he will stay put unless the organization is headed in the wrong direction. If he leaves it will be for good reason. I'll always root for Durant no matter where he's at. He's been so cool to my kids the 3 times we've met him. Just a one of a kind dude. He'll win one someday, somewhere.

okcchief 03-02-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9456341)

Oh, I've never felt like this is a championship or bust year. We will be very solid the upcoming years. I'm enjoying the ride. It's not like I'm pulling for the Chiefs here.

I still feel like Brooks doesn't get the most out of the team. We'll still have a string chance to win the West. Our bench isn't as deep as SA, LA, Denver but that will make less of a difference.

Plus, we missed 11 free throws which never happens and lost to a team that is 25-3 at home at the buzzer. Not exactly the end of the World. I would rather stay ahead of the Clippers in the standings though. That will be a good game Sunday afternoon.

Pitt Gorilla 03-02-2013 12:53 AM

The Thunder missed Harden tonight. When Rus and Durant weren't on the floor, they had trouble scoring. Of course, I miss Harden on the Thunder every night.

okcchief 03-02-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9456408)
The Thunder missed Harden tonight. When Rus and Durant weren't on the floor, they had trouble scoring. Of course, I miss Harden on the Thunder every night.

Martin had a bad night. Contrary to popular belief Harden had some too. I won't lie though, Harden was more consistent on the road, and it could be a factor for sure. However in 3 years the team will be a hell of a lot deeper, and Durant and Westbrook will be more polished.

Miles 03-02-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9456418)
Martin had a bad night. Contrary to popular belief Harden had some too. I won't lie though, Harden was more consistent on the road, and it could be a factor for sure. However in 3 years the team will be a hell of a lot deeper, and Durant and Westbrook will be more polished.

How will they be a hell of a lot deeper in three years? They are a very well run team so it would hardly be surprising.

Miles 03-02-2013 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9456388)
He seems like he will stay put unless the organization is headed in the wrong direction. If he leaves it will be for good reason. I'll always root for Durant no matter where he's at. He's been so cool to my kids the 3 times we've met him. Just a one of a kind dude. He'll win one someday, somewhere.

Yeah agreed there. Both in the likely to stay and Durant being a very likeable star points.

okcchief 03-02-2013 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miles (Post 9456529)
How will they be a hell of a lot deeper in three years? They are a very well run team so it would hardly be surprising.

Young players like Jackson, Jones, and Lamb will get a lot better, plus 2 firsts coming from the Harden trade that could be cashed in by then. Martin should sign for the same money or they will have 12-14 million to spend on the player. They are going to be better and deeper just by playing more basketball.

okcchief 03-02-2013 03:15 AM

Also, if Perkins doesn't perform well the rest of the way you have the option to amnesty him and open up another 8 million a year.

DaKCMan AP 03-03-2013 02:33 PM

http://atlantablackstar.com/wp-conte...-thumbs-up.jpg