ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=230850)

Chiefnj2 03-19-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8472758)
So, obviously Michonne is some kind of badass and a fan-boy favorite from the comics. The visual effect was incredibly awesome: the dark forest backdrop, the hooded figure, the chains running to the zombies with their arms cut off and their mouths sealed shut.

But is it explained why she has zombie pets? Other than looking cool, why would you travel with them? Seems like they would slow you down. What possible use could they serve? And why aren't they still trying to attack her? Why would they just hang out 10 feet behind her?

And please, no spoilers. I'm just curious as to whether it's actually explained in the comics.

Yes, it is explained. If you think back to season 1 you can find the answer as to why someone would travel with them.

aturnis 03-19-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 8470917)
I'm wondering why it took so long for someone to realize that there were more zombies than they had bullets.

Or why T-Dog didn't just do a three-point turn instead of driving into the ditch.

ROFL Can't believe that bothered more people than just me! I was like, "What if you would've gotten stuck, or busted your ride!, Then what?!?!"

Bambi 03-19-2012 02:22 PM

haha, yeah. I thought homeboy was gonna drive right on and crash into dem trees!

seaofred 03-19-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 8472771)
Yes, it is explained. If you think back to season 1 you can find the answer as to why someone would travel with them.

Can you give us the spoiler why?

tmw4h5 03-19-2012 02:26 PM

herp derp I'm going to watch a TV show based on a comic book series but have no idea what the comic book is about.

For those of you who have read the comic book and watched the TV series, you know that the series varies greatly from the comic books in many ways.

For those of you who didn't read the comics -- Shane dies in issue 6. In the TV series, he lasted all the way to the farm.
In the comics, Sophia is still alive.
There have been numerous characters added and removed for the TV series. Characters have been changed.
It has been confirmed that the Governor will be added to the third season -- but we honestly have no idea what will happen with him.

That's what makes this show great -- it varies from the comics while still maintaining the overall picture. Spoilers my ass, what happens in the comic book doesn't necessarily happen in the show and vice versa.

blaise 03-19-2012 02:30 PM

Why is it "herp derp" to watch the show but know nothing about comics? A lot of people don't read comics beyond the age of 13.

the Talking Can 03-19-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmw4h5 (Post 8472836)
herp derp I'm going to watch a TV show based on a comic book series but have no idea what the comic book is about.

For those of you who have read the comic book and watched the TV series, you know that the series varies greatly from the comic books in many ways.

For those of you who didn't read the comics -- Shane dies in issue 6. In the TV series, he lasted all the way to the farm.
In the comics, Sophia is still alive.
There have been numerous characters added and removed for the TV series. Characters have been changed.
It has been confirmed that the Governor will be added to the third season -- but we honestly have no idea what will happen with him.

That's what makes this show great -- it varies from the comics while still maintaining the overall picture. Spoilers my ass, what happens in the comic book doesn't necessarily happen in the show and vice versa.

so, in other words, you're just a dick

got it

tmw4h5 03-19-2012 02:34 PM

Essentially, a dick, yes.

It makes no sense at all to watch this show without having some knowledge of the comic books. I don't read comic books, but when I watched the pilot episode, I figured that "hey, I don't want to be one of those douchebags, so I should probably glance at the comics".

the Talking Can 03-19-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmw4h5 (Post 8472865)

It makes no sense at all to watch this show without having some knowledge of the comic books. I don't read comic books, but when I watched the pilot episode, I figured that "hey, I don't want to be one of those douchebags, so I should probably glance at the comics".

so, you're just a gigantic dick

got it

Ceej 03-19-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

It makes plenty of sense. You're just dense.

I've never read the comics, nor would I ever be caught in a comic book store spending money on a comic book.

I watch the TV series because I enjoy zombie movies and flicks.

seaofred 03-19-2012 02:36 PM

I didn't even know there was a comic for it until half way through the 1st season. I just saw the advertisement for a new Zombie show and thought I would give it a chance.

However, I may go pick up the comics now and read them...

blaise 03-19-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Well, your plan failed because you still seem to be kind of a douche.

Ceej 03-19-2012 02:37 PM

I think the Government should have a disclaimer for people wanting to see a movie or show based on a comic book.

"If you've not read the comics, don't be a douchebag AND DON'T SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!!1!"!

Huffmeister 03-19-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 8472824)
Can you give us the spoiler why?

Spoiler!

tmw4h5 03-19-2012 02:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 8472876)
It makes plenty of sense. You're just dense.

I've never read the comics, nor would I ever be caught in a comic book store spending money on a comic book.

I watch the TV series because I enjoy zombie movies and flicks.

Who spends money on comic books? It's 2012, son. Torrent that shit.