ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-29-2010 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6640147)
What do you all consider camping?

Would find a building in Rundown and shooting people running down the street be camping?

I consider camping to be sitting in a building and shooting people as they run in, not sitting in a building shooting people outside of it....

Remaining stationary the vast majority of the time and protecting your area with claymores.

Quesadilla Joe 03-29-2010 02:19 AM

I guess I'm a camper then. Terminal, Rust, Wasteland, and Scrapyard are the only maps where I am running around the entire time.

Pants 03-29-2010 09:06 AM

Meh, different kinds of camping out there. If I have a chance to shoot you, I'm cool with it. Thus sitting in a building, or sniping from a bunker is cool with me, because you shot me by exposing yourself and I had a chance to live if I was quick enough. Camping where you're sitting behind a corner and shooting people in the back as they run by is one of the gayest things ever.

Archie Bunker 03-29-2010 09:21 AM

I'm not a corner camper but I do spot camp my ass off. I've got 2 or 3 spots on each map and I'm going to be there till an army takes me out. Since I only play regular TDM I really don't see the issue with it, you know where I'm at so come and get me or go somewhere else.

Basically if you want to charge my alley of death and give me harriers all day that's your fault, not mine.

KCChiefsMan 03-29-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6640120)
Get new friends.
Posted via Mobile Device

I like knowing what's going on and they are a good resource. I'm not hiding the info too, I was trying to alert people on the COD forums but they would rather the modders be happy then the gamers. For sure though, these mods give them a huge advantage.

KCChiefsMan 03-29-2010 09:59 AM

heh, I have the cheapest internet with Comcast for $48 per month. No bandwidth cap.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/764889069.png

Compare that with Sunflower when I was living in Lawrence and they have that local monopoly law and that was my only option. I was paying about $80 per month WITH a bandwidth cap and it was

download - it ranged from 5-10
upload - maximum was 1, but it was usually around .75
ping - was usually around 40-60

wow, somebody needs to destroy that company. I'm just glad that I'm free of that garbage.

MVChiefFan 03-29-2010 10:57 AM

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, I looked thru the thread (not in depth mind you, lol) and couldn't find anything. But, does anyone know what time the new maps will be out? Is it a midnight release or some time in the morning. I've searched all over the internet and can't find a thing.

Archie Bunker 03-29-2010 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6640537)
I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned, I looked thru the thread (not in depth mind you, lol) and couldn't find anything. But, does anyone know what time the new maps will be out? Is it a midnight release or some time in the morning. I've searched all over the internet and can't find a thing.

Wondering the same thing. So far I've found some claiming midnight Pacific, some claiming 6 a.m. Eastern, but nothing for sure.

Mr. Plow 03-29-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 6640537)

I believe it is typically 5a/6a/7a central time....that is just going off previous things though.

bowener 03-29-2010 01:41 PM

I have been sniping quite a bit lately, probably half of my last prestige (the other half was the FAMAS w/ various parts added), but I love when I get called a ghey camper for being a sniper... I always have to ask them what they expect me to do, do they want me to run up into the tunnels on Wasteland and duke it out no scoping?

I also play a lot of demolition and domination and you can always tell who the guys are that only play TDM, because they will accuse the winning team of camping. Again, people typically point out that if you captured 2 flags but then kept running around trying to capture the next flag, it would make the game ****ing pointless... then they usually quit.

bowener 03-29-2010 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6640576)
I believe it is typically 5a/6a/7a central time....that is just going off previous things though.

Really? Balls. I wanted to DL it at midnight.

Is there a possibility of this download crashing Live?

HC_Chief 03-29-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6641061)

Uhh, no.

Pants 03-29-2010 02:39 PM

The only time XBL had issues that I can remember was when Halo 3 came out. If XBL couldn't handle it, I don't know what could have, lol.

Mr. Plow 03-29-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6641061)

Honestly, give it a try. I don't think you'll have any luck, but I'm sure I'll give it a try as well.

TrickyNicky 03-29-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metrolike (Post 6641272)
The only time XBL had issues that I can remember was when Halo 3 came out. If XBL couldn't handle it, I don't know what could have, lol.

COD4 was pretty bad for a while too at launch. Errr, actually that might have just been the IW side of things.