ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2013 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268371)

Simply Red 12-06-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10252392)
Yes, creatine is a supplement that has been proven effective.

Get the powder, much cheaper than pill. http://www.amazon.com/AST-Science-Mi...s=ast+creatine

thanks peng.

Silock 12-06-2013 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10252367)
Is it better to do cardio before weights? Or after weights?

Is that more of a just a personal thing and it doesn't matter?

Depends on our goals. If you're just trying to get in shape, it doesn't matter. If you're going for all out strength, then do cardio after.

The Franchise 12-06-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10252440)
Depends on our goals. If you're just trying to get in shape, it doesn't matter. If you're going for all out strength, then do cardio after.

I'm looking to drop weight first.

Aspengc8 12-06-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10241945)
Anyone use fatgripz? Are they worth the $30?

If your looking for increased grip strength and some forearm size, then yes.

Aspengc8 12-06-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10249021)
I worked my pecs and shoulders, basically ate roasted chicken drums and protein mix.

I'm so beat down tired, I really have a long long ways to go. :(

But I'll keep plugging away

Add some carbz in there and your way to hyoogeville.

lewdog 12-06-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10252440)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10252791)
I'm looking to drop weight first.

If you are lifting any weights, isn't the overall goal to at least get a bit stronger? I think it should be and thus, weights always before cardio even if you are trying to "get in shape" and drop weight. Cardio before weights decreases your lifting capacity much more so than weights affecting your aerobic capacity.

lewdog 12-06-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10252354)
do you all still do creatine, what's the latest school of thought on that - also, powder or pill or does it matter? I know this has been covered, but if you don't mind. .......?

:)

Ty

Cheap Creatine Monohydrate, powder. 5g per day. No need to cycle.

Aspengc8 12-06-2013 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10252994)
If you are lifting any weights, isn't the overall goal to at least get a bit stronger? I think it should be and thus, weights always before cardio even if you are trying to "get in shape" and drop weight. Cardio before weights decreases your lifting capacity much more so than weights affecting your aerobic capacity.

I agree. Most guys can actually get to 10-12% easily through just lifting and diet, no cardio needed.

lewdog 12-06-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10253015)
I agree. Most guys can actually get to 10-12% easily through just lifting and diet, no cardio needed.

I wasn't stating that though. I do cardio from time to time, although it really doesn't have to be necessary as you stated as you can burn plenty of calories lifting and have a good diet to be in a caloric deficit....you'll drop fat. Do cardio if you want, but lifting should ALWAYS be done first. You lift weights to get stronger, so do that when you are freshest.

Aspengc8 12-06-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10253054)
I wasn't stating that though. I do cardio from time to time, although it really doesn't have to be necessary as you stated as you can burn plenty of calories lifting and have a good diet to be in a caloric deficit....you'll drop fat. Do cardio if you want, but lifting should ALWAYS be done first. You lift weights to get stronger, so do that when you are freshest.

I know you didnt.. just wanted to throw that out cause most guys think some form of cardio or GPP is needed to get lean. Don't get me wrong, cardio is good for the heart, but I know a lot of guys that just ignore it, even when getting lean.

lewdog 12-06-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10253153)
I know you didnt.. just wanted to throw that out cause most guys think some form of cardio or GPP is needed to get lean. Don't get me wrong, cardio is good for the heart, but I know a lot of guys that just ignore it, even when getting lean.

Yup. I'd drop 15lbs in 6 weeks before Olympic Lifting competitions and would never do a lick of cardio because it affected squat recovery way too much.

Hammock Parties 12-06-2013 06:18 PM

Cardio is awful. Just eat less.

Simply Red 12-06-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10253160)

PROTECT YOUR KNEES NINJA!!

luv 12-06-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10253160)

Cardio is good for your heart. While lifting may burn calories faster, it's good to throw a cardio day in. Even if you're not trying to lose weight.

Silock 12-06-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10252994)

I've done it both ways and noticed no ill-effects from cardio before my weights.

I'm in shape, though. If I weren't in shape, I think it would be different.

EDIT: Also, you will still get stronger, even with cardio first, if that's the way you work out. You may not reach your peak strength, but everything happens on a scale with max cardio endurance at one end and max strength at the other. You can't have both, anyway, so if your goal isn't one or the other, it really shouldn't matter too much to the non-elite.