ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Modern Warfare 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204824)

AndChiefs 03-31-2010 05:40 AM

I like the new maps...especially the older ones that are included. I liked the ones that they brought back.

WhitiE 03-31-2010 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 6643896)
Tried to download the maps, though I really am against the idea... basically peer pressure alone is going to make me get them, and it would not let me purchase M$ points; "system error".

My best friend got them and told me that they are, in the end, a waste of money. Nothing too exciting, lots and lots of camping spots on 1 or 2 maps (didnt say which ones - via text) and the game play is apparently quite awful. On top of that, to play the new ones you have to play most of the game types, you can't just play one I guess. Does anybody have a guess as to how long that will last? I would like to be able to play them however I choose.

my guess would be a week. and IMO the maps are nice. your friend is right there are camping spots on salvage and storm. I would also say Bailout has a few too, but the old ones are still solid. Worth the DL IMO.

tyton75 03-31-2010 06:30 AM

WTF are they coming on ps3?

Mr. Plow 03-31-2010 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyton75 (Post 6644498)
WTF are they coming on ps3?

in a month. Xbox has exclusive rights to them for a month.

Quesadilla Joe 03-31-2010 06:52 AM

I honestly don't see how anybody can enjoy playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch. You can't walk anywhere on the map without one of the 5 bastard ass snipers on the other team sniping you from the other side of the map. If you somehow manage to get by the snipers and make it within 50 feet of where the other team is camping their ass off you will be lucky to kill one person before the entire team is flinging bullets in your direction. I ****ing hate HC TDM/ rant off

Buck 03-31-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6644509)
I honestly don't see how anybody can enjoy playing Hardcore Team Deathmatch. You can't walk anywhere on the map without one of the 5 bastard ass snipers on the other team sniping you from the other side of the map. If you somehow manage to get by the snipers and make it within 50 feet of where the other team is camping their ass off you will be lucky to kill one person before the entire team is flinging bullets in your direction. I ****ing hate HC TDM/ rant off

Implying that there is a map that has a 50 foot sightline.

Mr. Plow 03-31-2010 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnowMo2724 (Post 6644509)

HCTDM FTW!

It's nice not to have to empty half a clip into someone to kill them.

Mr. Plow 03-31-2010 07:09 AM

Also, new maps are cool. Didn't get much of an opportunity to play them last night, but I liked them. Crash is cool - added a few different things to it, but it's pretty much the same map.

I'll enjoy them a bit more once they get the different game types set up. Although I played some HC HQ last night which is something I never would have played before. It's pretty cool. More kills, but you have the chance to die a lot more as well. Probably will give it more of a shot now.

The only issue I had last night was Crash. Of the 10 games I played last night, at least 6 of them were Crash. I like the map....don't get me wrong....but playing HCTDM on Crash, then the next game is HC HQ on Crash gets a little old.

AndChiefs 03-31-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6644515)
Also, new maps are cool. Didn't get much of an opportunity to play them last night, but I liked them. Crash is cool - added a few different things to it, but it's pretty much the same map.

I'll enjoy them a bit more once they get the different game types set up. Although I played some HC HQ last night which is something I never would have played before. It's pretty cool. More kills, but you have the chance to die a lot more as well. Probably will give it more of a shot now.

The only issue I had last night was Crash. Of the 10 games I played last night, at least 6 of them were Crash. I like the map....don't get me wrong....but playing HCTDM on Crash, then the next game is HC HQ on Crash gets a little old.

Must've just been your luck on continually getting Crash. I got a good mix of game types and maps.

Mr. Plow 03-31-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 6644521)
Must've just been your luck on continually getting Crash. I got a good mix of game types and maps.

I figured it was. I think I played TDM on Crash, then the next game was HQ on Crash - after that, a bunch of people left so our lobby got merged with another and it was.....TDM on Crash, then HQ on Crash.

For awhile I thought Crash was the only map they gave out. ROFL

Mr. Plow 03-31-2010 10:18 AM

fourzerotwo
Behold! The power of feedback. We'll be integrating the new maps into all playlists as well as enabling Double XP for all playlists tomorrow about 16 hours ago via web

Pants 03-31-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6644779)
fourzerotwo
Behold! The power of feedback. We'll be integrating the new maps into all playlists as well as enabling Double XP for all playlists tomorrow about 16 hours ago via web

Somebody give him some feedback about the reeruned amount of ways people can **** with the game.

Nightfyre 03-31-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 6644779)
fourzerotwo

Nice!
Posted via Mobile Device

KCChiefsMan 03-31-2010 12:42 PM

well I played the new maps about 50 times last night. Overgrown about 30 times, Crash about 15 times. Storm twice, Bailout twice and the other one once.

Nightfyre 03-31-2010 12:48 PM

That's odd. I got a fairly even distribution. Did you play hc or reg?
Posted via Mobile Device