ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life *.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.* (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280149)

luv 05-09-2014 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10614474)
A lot of the "group fitness" classes my wife does have 2-3 people in them (they call these small group fitness classes), so it's almost like personal training, and that's included in the membership. So that sort of eases the pain of the membership when I think that we could be paying for a personal trainer on top of the gym membership.

Yeah. After taxes, I pay $150 per month for four sessions per month with my trainer. So, I'm basically paying $160 per month to my gym.

NewChief 05-09-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 10614476)
Yeah. After taxes, I pay $150 per month for four sessions per month with my trainer. So, I'm basically paying $160 per month to my gym.

You can't put a price tag on the transformation you've had over the last year, so it's worth it regardless how much it cost. That's the other way I justify our high expense: it keeps my wife motivated, and working out keeps her sane. You can't put a price tag on a woman's sanity. :D

luv 05-09-2014 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10614493)
You can't put a price tag on the transformation you've had over the last year, so it's worth it regardless how much it cost. That's the other way I justify our high expense: it keeps my wife motivated, and working out keeps her sane. You can't put a price tag on a woman's sanity. :D

Yeah, I tell everyone that it's worth it, as long as you put the work into it. I would not be where I'm at if I'd decided not to do the personal training. I've learned a ton, including how to really push myself. I only thought I was pushing myself before...lol.

And the gym has done wonders for my mood. I'm still a woman, so I'm still moody, but my mood swings aren't nearly as bad. I'm generally happier as a whole. And confidence....well, I'm not even going to get started. I could go on for forever about what I've learned, discovered, and accomplished in the last six months...lol.

mr. tegu 05-09-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10614460)
We spend almost $100 a month for a family membership to our gym. :grr:

We get unlimited yoga, group fitness, cycling, "boot camp", small group fitness, bike rentals, etc... with that.. but still.

I'd be happy joining somewhere much simpler, but my wife makes use of all the different classes and is friends with all the people and trainers, which helps to motivate her.

Plus, it looks like this:
http://96bda424cfcc34d9dd1a-0a7f10f8...03_gallery.jpg

The irony is that it looks like that, but my wife and I both spend the majority of our time in the basement, which looks like a freaking dungeon.

We looked at gyms like that also, but the cost was just so high, especially in relation to the time we would be able to put in. I would love to have a basketball court again to play at and I know my wife would like all the classes, especially the zumba, but for now the Planet Fitness works since it is very close and cheap.

Lifetime Fitness in Leawood was a crazy cool and huge place. All the bells and whistles. But between the cost and lack of time available to us to make proper use of it, we couldn't justify a place like that right now.

Omaha 05-09-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10614460)
We spend almost $100 a month for a family membership to our gym. :grr:

We get unlimited yoga, group fitness, cycling, "boot camp", small group fitness, bike rentals, etc... with that.. but still.

I'd be happy joining somewhere much simpler, but my wife makes use of all the different classes and is friends with all the people and trainers, which helps to motivate her.

Plus, it looks like this:
http://96bda424cfcc34d9dd1a-0a7f10f8...03_gallery.jpg

The irony is that it looks like that, but my wife and I both spend the majority of our time in the basement, which looks like a freaking dungeon.

My gym is about $150/mo for a family membership. We also get the yoga, spinning, racquetball, etc. My bill is usually around $300 - $400 due to beers, protein shakes, food, and whatever nonsense my wife charges to the account. It's really not that bad considering we spend a huge chunk of our time there.

penguinz 05-09-2014 08:30 AM

I pay $20 a month at Gold's.

Silock 05-09-2014 12:28 PM

$13.50/mo 24 Hr.

Hammock Parties 05-09-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10615202)
$13.50/mo 24 Hr.

HTF did you get that rate.

penguinz 05-09-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Count Zarth (Post 10615502)
HTF did you get that rate.

I would assume via Costco.

Silock 05-09-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10615509)
I would assume via Costco.

Yup

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-09-2014 07:52 PM

Working on a few one handed chin-ups again. Could only do 50 last night as I was exhausted. Ate some broccoli today and feeling good !

luv 05-11-2014 09:11 AM

New PR on barbell squats. 155 for 10 reps (I did 12, but I don't think two of them should count, as I rolled forward on my feet on one and broke form slightly coming up on one).

I went to buy some shorts last night, seeing as I no longer have any that won't fall off...lol, and I discovered something. I've have some quads. Damn...lol.

ThaVirus 05-11-2014 09:18 AM

Ah, what I wouldn't give to experience n00b gainz again..

Congratulations, luv.

luv 05-11-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10622826)
Ah, what I wouldn't give to experience n00b gainz again..

Congratulations, luv.

Not the greatest before after pic, but before is normal, and after is me standing on my toes.

http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/...ps29351423.png

ThaVirus 05-12-2014 11:12 AM

*.* 2014 General Fitness Thread *.*

I recently decided to cut cereal out of my diet entirely. So no more Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Trix, Fruity Pebbles or any of that. It's basically just sugar in milk so I'd rather just not eat it..

After at least 12 years straight eating cereal first thing in the morning, I'm not having as much trouble kicking it as I had thought but on some days I feel a bit off. For more information, I've replaced the cereal with a piece of fruit, generally an apple or an orange. On most days I feel just fine, but on occasion I get the feeling like I want to throw up. I guess just an upset stomach type of feeling.

Any CP dietitians have any clue as to what might be happening to me?