ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   News Amber Alert in Springfield (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281569)

DaFace 02-19-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 10441834)
I would think a school district would get a pretty fair discount through the county sheriffs department in which the school resides. Like free.

Well, if you think it, it must be true.

Big Poppa Payne 02-19-2014 04:44 PM

I doubt any type of screening will determine if a person has this type of evil in them.

There has to be a special place in hell for animals like this who hurt children, there is definitely a special place in prison for them. I doubt he will make it very long in jail, they don't like little cowards who hurt children.

Fritz88 02-19-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldandslow (Post 10441158)
Prayers to God about your family mtg 10...It doesn't get any worse than this.

So sorry MTG, so sorry.

Prayers sent to you and your family. That is beyond horrible.

ChiefsOne 02-19-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 10441157)
Hailey just stayed with us two weekends ago. Sweetest girl ever and was more like a sister than a cousin to my children. Thanks for all the prayers, her mom is a wreck right now and definitely needs them.

Very sorry MTG, my wife and I were both super sick about his last night and worse today. I can't understand or comprehend any of this, just know that tons of people are sick for your family.

Things like this make me want to be a vigilante.

Sure-Oz 02-19-2014 05:12 PM

Sorry to hear for your family MTG#10.

Prayers and thoughts with you.

Really shitty news, i wish things like this never happend

Mama Hip Rockets 02-19-2014 07:40 PM

The district does background checks on all teachers and staff who are working with the children in any capacity. Give them some credit.

afchief 02-19-2014 08:31 PM

WOW. So sorry to hear things like this. Be strong for your family MTG. Praying for you and yours.

Unless its too painful, try and keep us updated as you deal with what will be a long ordeal.

Loneiguana 02-19-2014 08:38 PM

From the sounds of the rumors I'm hearing (ear in child services (they have a fatality worker on scene)), he may have planned this. Had borrowed the truck.

Since he had no past history, I'm very scared that only means he never got caught.

From what I've learned over the years of having a child abuse and neglect investigator at the dinner table, you usually don't just snap into a child predator.

I hope to god I'm wrong.

Prayers to the family.

/please support your social services. Child abuse and neglect happens daily in MO.
//Those trying to combat these problems need public support.
///Numbers crunch has Children's Division investigators feeling the pressure
Quote:

The Greene County Children’s Division office is supposed to have 38 workers investigating allegations of child abuse and neglect.
As of Thursday, there were nine.
http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...-investigators

/////Jackson County Children's Division falls short
http://www.kansascity.com/2013/12/07...childrens.html

J Diddy 02-19-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10441734)
Maybe more mental health screenings are needed...

The way that mental health is considered abnormal is a deviation from the mean in a score. That doesn't necessarily mean that someone is an evil psychopath. Unfortunately, the only successful and guaranteed way to determine if someone's a sick person or not is the judgment of their actions after the fact.

Buzz 02-19-2014 08:46 PM

Listening to the news was not easy, way too many details. Prayers MTG, stay strong.

Discuss Thrower 02-19-2014 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Bull (Post 10442282)
The way that mental health is considered abnormal is a deviation from the mean in a score. That doesn't necessarily mean that someone is an evil psychopath. Unfortunately, the only successful and guaranteed way to determine if someone's a sick person or not is the judgment of their actions after the fact.

I'm just saying unless it's determined the killer has a prior history of abducting and murdering small children (which is of course sick by all accounts) then something ****ed up happened with the guy.

Loneiguana 02-19-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10442336)
I'm just saying unless it's determined the killer has a prior history of abducting and murdering small children (which is of course sick by all accounts) then something ****ed up happened with the guy.

molesting maybe.

I doubt murdering.

this might have been a oh shit just got caught moment.

Brianfo 02-19-2014 09:04 PM

Prayers MTG. God will never give us more than we can handle. Be strong!!

Loneiguana 02-19-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 10442350)
molesting maybe.

I doubt murdering.

To add to this, everyone involved who witnessed and helped, called the police, got the license number, did everything right.

The call went out immediately. Thank you and God bless.

And that is also the scariest part. It still ended this way.

So depressing.

My prayers once again.

Discuss Thrower 02-19-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneiguana (Post 10442350)
molesting maybe.

I doubt murdering.

Same scenario. No one just decides one day after over a decade of working with children ans says to himself "I'm gonna snatch up a kid today."

Chances are this guy has somehow gotten away with heinous stuff for a while but on the slim possibility he has a totally clean record then it's worth examining.