ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Bowes says we're going Deep /gonna blow up the scoreboard (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272321)

RealSNR 04-21-2013 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9610982)
I don't think Smith has the arm strength of Flacco. There are maybe six or seven players that do. I also don't think Smith will throw wounded ducks anything past 35 yards. He has an NFL arm.

Smith has an adequate NFL arm. It's not a "plus" arm.

Guys who don't have "plus" arms make up for it all the time with a variety of other qualities. Getting the ball out of their hands quickly. Timing and throwing receivers open. Pinpoint accuracy. Athletic scrambling ability.

Do you think Alex Smith is "plus" in any of THOSE categories? Because he sure as hell needs to be.

Messier 04-21-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9611237)
Smith has an adequate NFL arm. It's not a "plus" arm.

Guys who don't have "plus" arms make up for it all the time with a variety of other qualities. Getting the ball out of their hands quickly. Timing and throwing receivers open. Pinpoint accuracy. Athletic scrambling ability.

Do you think Alex Smith is "plus" in any of THOSE categories? Because he sure as hell needs to be.

What's a "plus" arm? Yes I think Smith is "plus" in timing, scrambling, accuracy. I don't now the chart you're using to gage this.

RealSNR 04-21-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9611268)
What's a "plus" arm? Yes I think Smith is "plus" in timing, scrambling, accuracy. I don't now the chart you're using to gage this.

Scrambling, sure. He's the most athletic guy we've had on the field in 4 seasons, that's for sure.

Timing? No. He's not a plus.

Accuracy? **** no.

He's adequate in both categories. You don't think of the top 10 QBs in accuracy and timing and think of Alex Smith on either of those lists.

If you do then... well, you're special.

Messier 04-21-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9611297)
Scrambling, sure. He's the most athletic guy we've had on the field in 4 seasons, that's for sure.

Timing? No. He's not a plus.

Accuracy? **** no.

He's adequate in both categories. You don't think of the top 10 QBs in accuracy and timing and think of Alex Smith on either of those lists.

If you do then... well, you're special.

Is that what " plus" means, top 10? What stats are you using, or are you going by gut? What is his accuracy? How do you know it's just adequate?

RealSNR 04-21-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9611549)
Is that what " plus" means, top 10? What stats are you using, or are you going by gut? What is his accuracy? How do you know it's just adequate?

Your plus factor is the coefficient of the velocity of the ball divided by the vector strength where f(x) is the derivative of his penis size. Use FOIL then solve for y.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9609274)
I still don't like the deal, but PFF (who I take more stock in than any poster here for players on other teams) had Alex as a fringe Top 10 QB the last 2 years on a per game basis. On the other hand, even in Cassel's Pro Bowl season it was exposed as a fraud according to them. That made me feel even better seeing that. The guy is a pretty big upgrade at QB.

I'm not a huge fan of the trade, in fact I hate it, buuuut Alex Smith is a metric shit ton better than Cassel.

Sorter 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9611602)
I'm not a huge fan of the trade, in fact I hate it, buuuut Alex Smith is a metric shit ton better than Cassel.

It's really not that difficult to be better than historically awful.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 9609295)
Anyone have highlights of Smith's deep balls...? Should only take a few seconds to show them all...

No, but I'm pretty sure Gochiefs has some video of him balls deep in another man.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611630)
It's really not that difficult to be better than historically awful.

That's my point.

Messier 04-21-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9611586)
Your plus factor is the coefficient of the velocity of the ball divided by the vector strength where f(x) is the derivative of his penis size. Use FOIL then solve for y.

Thanks for my answer.

Sorter 04-21-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9611633)
That's my point.

You can be a "metric shit ton" better than historically awful and still be only average or worse. Hence, "historically bad".

milkman 04-21-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611643)
You can be a "metric shit ton" better than historically awful and still be only average or worse. Hence, "historically bad".

Better than bad does not equal good.

It is that simple.

crispystl 04-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ponderception (Post 9611643)

Oh I totally agree dude. I'm on your side.

philfree 04-21-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9611225)
They're also 13-2 in the games in which he throws for 300 yards. They win because of his production in those games.

To say Joe Flacco only plays well in the postseason is stupid.
Meanwhile Alex Smith is doing well to hit 200 yards.

Shit man, Flacco outplayed Tom Brady twice last season, and the Ravens were 2-0 against the Pats.

Show me Alex Smith doing something like that.

I didn't say that. Alex Smith has developed into a better QB then he gets credit for around here. His career is not matt Cassel's end of story.

Sorter 04-21-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crispystl420 (Post 9611676)
Oh I totally agree dude. I'm on your side.

:)