ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2014-2015 NBA regular season thread. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=284493)

RustShack 06-30-2014 01:25 PM

I'm sure the Kansas fans will get a kick out of this. I would post it in their thread, but I got banned because they are butthurt about Iowa State becoming relevant in basketball. I ordered a Cavs Wiggins jersey today. I have a James and Irving one too.

lcarus 06-30-2014 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10719757)
Extremely happy with how the draft played out for the Hornets last night.

Vohnley, and PJ HAIRSTON?

I can dig it.

Scoring, scoring scoring.

I don't know much about Vonleh or Hairston, but the revert back to the Hornets and their uniforms and court theme is a total win in my book. I started getting into basketball back when they had Mourning, LJ and Bogues. It was a good time to be a beginner fan of the NBA in my opinion.

tk13 06-30-2014 03:25 PM

ESPN is reporting that LeBron is not going to settle for less than max money this offseason. Teams that contact him will have to offer a max salary. The teams that can do that are the Mavs, Lakers, Suns, Jazz, Sixers, Magic, and Heat. That means Wade and Bosh would have to take the financial hit to keep the Heat together.

BigCatDaddy 06-30-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 10724259)
ESPN is reporting that LeBron is not going to settle for less than max money this offseason. Teams that contact him will have to offer a max salary. The teams that can do that are the Mavs, Lakers, Suns, Jazz, Sixers, Magic, and Heat. That means Wade and Bosh would have to take the financial hit to keep the Heat together.

Weird. Maybe I spoke too soon about giving him credit for showing some heart and loyalty.

O.city 06-30-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10724339)
Weird. Maybe I spoke too soon about giving him credit for showing some heart and loyalty.

Cracks me up when people think these guys should take pay cuts for whatever reason.

Would you take a pay cut at your job for any reason?

kcxiv 06-30-2014 04:59 PM

Lebron shouldnt take anything less then the max right now. He did that once already. He's the boss of bosses right now in the NBA. Its HIS TIME. Its been his time, but he was playing on a discount. I can never get upset over an elite player getting what he deserves in his sport.

Wade and Bosh is the 2 that need that super duper discount because they have fallen the **** off.

Just Passin' By 06-30-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10724413)
Cracks me up when people think these guys should take pay cuts for whatever reason.

Cracks me up when people don't understand how a salary cap works.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-30-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 10724415)

Wade and Bosh is the 2 that need that super duper discount because they have fallen the **** off.

They won't. Heat have to overpay since they were nice enough opt out. They'll still make 30 million combined and the Heat will be stuck with these losers for multiple years. It's perfect. No room for a guy who can make a real impact with LeBron.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 06-30-2014 05:19 PM

I've seen one projection of 4.4 million in cap space LMAO

BigCatDaddy 06-30-2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 10724413)

No but if I was worth millions I may think about it. It does happen. I wasn't was referring to pay though. Didn't he already have a max deal.

-King- 06-30-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 10724462)
No but if I was worth millions I may think about it. It does happen. I wasn't was referring to pay though. Didn't he already have a max deal.

No.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 06-30-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Just Passin' By (Post 10724438)
Cracks me up when people don't understand how a salary cap works.

Who doesn't? Miami is currently 55 mil under the cap. Lebron getting a max deal isn't going to ruin that. He deserves significantly more than Wade and Bosh and they know that too and will structure their contracts accordingly.
Posted via Mobile Device

chiefzilla1501 06-30-2014 06:13 PM

I've Been as critical of LeBron as anyone. I appreciate that he is being direct vs stringing a team along, as he did last time. And I think it is crazy to expect anything less than max value. If he stays with Miami, I respect that too because he shows an interest in loyalty vs. rigging the system.

I can't blame LeBron if this is what he's thinking. I'm pissed such a shitty fan base gets the benefit and I can't stand Wade, but this is another sign of big time maturity on LeBrons part.

KC_Connection 06-30-2014 06:29 PM

Now LeBron is even getting criticized for wanting max money for the first time in his career? He still wouldn't be getting compensated anywhere close to his actual value to a franchise due to the salary cap, but apparently that's too much. The guy will just never win with some.

GloucesterChief 06-30-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 10724559)
Now LeBron is even getting criticized for wanting max money for the first time in his career? He still wouldn't be getting compensated anywhere close to his actual value to a franchise due to the salary cap, but apparently that's too much. The guy will just never win with some.

Depends if he Wade and Bosh got together and agreed to opt out and each take pay cuts to make the team better, then when that happens James demands max money it is kinda shady.

If no such agreement existed then he is perfectly fine demanding the maximum pay allowed.

We may never know if such an agreement existed.