ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Niko's Room - Grand Theft Auto IV Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=184045)

BWillie 05-05-2008 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4734371)
I just wanna complete single player, see the whole story. Any fun I can have with it after that is gravy.

That's when I'll get into the multiplayer, too.

I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.

BigChiefFan 05-05-2008 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 4734558)
I feel the same way. I've never really got into the previous GTA missions. Usually I'd just go around shooting hapless people, sitting on roofs sniping people and causing unorganized havoc but I really like these missions. They are interesting. I'm at about 26.3%. Has anybody got to 50% yet? I've been completely ignoring Roman and Michelle for a long time now. I don't see what relevance to the storyline they have. They never help me with anything. Roman is a sap. He's never came to my rescue when I needed help so I'll see how long I can ignore them.

Roman gives you the ability to WORK for him and get paid driving cabs for him. He also gives you the ability to call cabs that will take you to places you've already been to-that's very helpful after drinking.

Michelle just gives you sex, but it's still a stat-successful dates.

All the friends give you perks-it's worth helping them out, IMO.

JBucc 05-05-2008 05:07 PM

Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.

Also when I was walking along Algonquin some bum with a cardboard sign said something like "Watch out for them aliens!" or something about aliens. I wish I could remember the exact line.

BigChiefFan 05-05-2008 05:17 PM

I'm having a blast playing this game. Anybody think the magician and his assistant are George W. and Laura Bush? They sure look like them and the assistant's name is LAUREL.

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc (Post 4735387)
Man this game needs a feature that lets you record and share video. Earlier today I went up behind a cop and shot him in the head, then ran into the safehouse in Alderney took cover behind the wall and waited as cop after cop came in and blindfired with the assault rifle. Then I started shooting the door open and tossing grenades out. Before I knew it I was up to 6 stars. I had heard about people doing cheesy things to get the 6 stars for 5 minutes achievement so I figured I'd go for it a more legit way. I just kept tossing grenades out and blindfiring anyone who managed to get in the door. There were probably 20 bodies just in the little area between me and the door. Once I hit 5 minutes and got the achievement I was out of ammo for just about everything except my pistol so I ran outside and jumped in a swat van (There was only like three cops out there, everyone else was dead), then drove down to the docks, turned the van sideways to use as cover. Three cop cars came screeching down and blew right past me into the water. I managed to blow another car up, then when I had just a sliver of health I jumped back into the van and drove into the water and drowned instead of letting the cops get me.

Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)

Jenson71 05-05-2008 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4735548)
Heh, nice. I'd always rather die than be busted. Haven't been busted yet. (Other then the one time I was done for the night, and just screwing around a bit. I shut off the game without saving.)

When you're busted, you lose your pieces, mang. When you die, you still retain them. Never go down without a fight, mang. Never!

Sure-Oz 05-05-2008 08:34 PM

Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4735653)
Played about 45 min worth last night while the gf was writing a paper...kick freaking ass...

No freezes or anything through the begining cut scene....went flawles. i can't wait to start playing this more.

It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)

Reaper16 05-05-2008 08:57 PM

Wherever you are, shine/SWIZZY!

Buck 05-05-2008 09:09 PM

Has anyone ever sniped a helicopter pilot before?

Its suhweet!!!!

DO IT!

QuikSsurfer 05-05-2008 10:59 PM

My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4736013)
My shit is working like a charm now... YES!!!!

Grats! :D

QuikSsurfer 05-05-2008 11:03 PM

I've been playing the shit outta Cops n' Crooks.. LOVE IT

Sure-Oz 05-05-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4735686)
It really is a blast. When you get used to all the controls, and really become comfortable with it... the game really takes off.

I really like the new targeting and cover systems. (borrows a bit from GoW, I think)

At this point, I think my only complaint is that I enjoyed the San Andreas soundtrack a lot more. (But that's nitpicking)

I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!

KcMizzou 05-05-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 4736043)
I watched tv on there as well, cracked my shit up...

Yeah i am still figuring things out and doing those early missions, i can't wait to get the hang of it...it will be tons of fun!

Bas Rutten's on The Men's Room. The real version is on MMA Weekly on HDNet. El Guapo's a lot funnier on real TV. :D