ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Is nobody even interested in this team anymore? Brady Quinn is your starter... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265521)

The Franchise 10-22-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9039121)
This season aside, Cassel was largely a guy that couldn't WIN a game but he also wouldn't throw the game away either.

Quinn is a guy that can single-handedly lose a game even when everyone around him is playing well.

This this should be fun to watch. We'll keep the game close.....and Quinn will throw an INT to lose the game.

lcarus 10-22-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9039126)
The mysterious phone call, man! THE PHONE CALL!!!

The phone call WAS weird though.

ChiefsCountry 10-22-2012 02:03 PM

Damn I want Quinn to exceed but we need Cassel to **** up to get Pioli out.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 10-22-2012 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9039150)
we need Cassel to **** up to get Pioli out.
Posted via Mobile Device

The former has already happened, which is why he's on the bench.

ChiefsCountry 10-22-2012 02:05 PM

Also I believe this is to avoid the boos at home. Cassel can be thrown back in there next two weeks on the road.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 10-22-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9039025)
I really don't like Cassel. You're right. And I certainly don't think Brady is going to come in and save the season, or have any future with the team at all outside of this year. I just think he has more poise, more moxie, and a better arm than Matt Cassel. Do you disagree? You'd really say Cassel>Quinn?

He is so inaccurate it renders those other superior traits useless, IMO.

He could have had 4 picks last week, too.

He's awful.

DaWolf 10-22-2012 02:07 PM

Frankly, this scenario (bench Cassel, start Quinn, dump all three QB's in the offseason and bring in a whole new batch) is a much better scenario than signing Orton in the offseason, giving him 2-3 years to prove he's good enough to go 9-7, and then dump him for the next retread...

HMc 10-22-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9038740)
Until Quinn leads this team to 7-9 and signs a $60 million extension.
Posted via Mobile Device

right? it's not like the rest of the league is going to be beating down Quinn's door for his signature.

saphojunkie 10-22-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9039072)
I'm not happy about this as far as the QB position goes. I'm happy about this, and I mean ****ing elated at the thought of this team MOVING THE **** ON from Matt Casshole. It's not like Brady Quinn is going to be the new guy next year. But I do think he looked like a real QB last week. A bad one, absolutely, but at least he looked like a QB to me. Queue up PGM's sig pic of Pee Wee Cassel. No more of that shit.

tl;dr? Quinn sucks. Cassel swallows.

This is exactly how I feel. Quinn is a bad QB, but he at least has legitimate NFL talent. For whatever reason, he has never capitalized on his talent. But you don't look at him and say "this guy has absolutely no business being in an NFL uniform."

The game went from literally unwatchable to a bad loss. That's a jump that is absolutely necessary, IMHO.

58-4ever 10-22-2012 02:16 PM

I think Quinn will play a good game against the Faiders. Unfortunately, I think he'll be good enough to guide us to a 5-11 or 6-10 season too. That means we better be ready to package a few picks to move up and draft a real QB.

Hammock Parties 10-22-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9039177)
This is exactly how I feel. Quinn is a bad QB, but he at least has legitimate NFL talent. For whatever reason, he has never capitalized on his talent. But you don't look at him and say "this guy has absolutely no business being in an NFL uniform."

The game went from literally unwatchable to a bad loss. That's a jump that is absolutely necessary, IMHO.

Yes you do.

He's horrible.

He's just another version of Brodie Croyle.

That game he played last Sunday was exactly like a game that Brodie Croyle used to play.

HemiEd 10-22-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9039045)
I don't think he has more poise. His decision making is actually probably worse.

In the end, do you want death by beheading or a thousand paper cuts? Either way, you're dead.

I saw more poise and pocket presence from Quinn last Sunday than I have seen from Cassel in any game since he got to KC. I think the coaches know this as well.

Do you recall them ever calling a shovel pass for Cassel?

Me neither, as screen pass was suspect for him, thus the tighter reigns.

Chiefnj2 10-22-2012 02:25 PM

Stanzi plays better than Palko in preseason, Palko gets the nod when Cassel is injured.
Orton plays better than everyone on the roster, Cassel gets the nod.
Quinn somehow puts up worse numbers than Cassel, Quinn gets the nod.

KC Chiefs, rewarding incompetency.

The Franchise 10-22-2012 02:26 PM

Quinn will get better with more starting reps. Will he be the QB we're looking for? No. Will he put this team on his back and win us games? No. Will we at least be ****ing close? Yes.

King_Chief_Fan 10-22-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9039195)
Yes you do.

He's horrible.

He's just another version of Brodie Croyle.

That game he played last Sunday was exactly like a game that Brodie Croyle used to play.

except he didn't get broke