ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Making Jerky / Everything BBQ Tips Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=276693)

GloryDayz 05-09-2019 08:04 PM

Meat jerky segues to soy and Lew's estrogen levels.

God I love CP!

Fire Me Boy! 05-11-2019 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14258637)
Doing this one this weekend with eye of round.

2c soy
2c teriyaki
1c brown sugar
2T crushed garlic
1c pineapple juice
1T Chili paste
1T lemongrass paste
3/4t pink salt

This is on the smoker. Half cross cut, half with the grain. Pink salt included.

Fire Me Boy! 05-11-2019 03:02 PM

Teriyaki jerky, eye of round, cured, with and across grain. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...35860aed2a.jpg

BIG_DADDY 05-13-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14261182)
Let me unpack the Big_Dummy woo for others who might be curious about this. .

Yea, only a wack job would choose sourced organics over pesticide covered GMOs.

I do a lot of different preventative medical including a monthly blood test with a hormonal panel. As far as soy goes it definitely increases estrogen levels when consumed too much. I am not advocating never eating soy sauce. MOF I ordered some of the brand I posted. I just prefer not to saturate pounds of meat in it before consuming.

As far as being healthy the truth is most people are exposed to far too much estrogen in life already. It's the reason you have boobs growing on 9 year old girls and a grown ass man would cry to admins because somebody called him out for endlessly pulling up his own science thread to try and gain some board cred. It's often times one the first things addressed when people get their results back from blood testing if there was a hormone panel done. I know 4 others that also do monthly testing, all have been given some kind of anti-estrogen.

Fish 05-13-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 14265679)
Yea, only a wack job would choose sourced organics over pesticide covered GMOs.

I do a lot of different preventative medical including a monthly blood test with a hormonal panel. As far as soy goes it definitely increases estrogen levels when consumed too much. I am not advocating never eating soy sauce. MOF I ordered some of the brand I posted. I just prefer not to saturate pounds of meat in it before consuming.

As far as being healthy the truth is most people are exposed to far too much estrogen in life already. It's the reason you have boobs growing on 9 year old girls these days and grown ass men cry to admins to have members removed from the science thread they pull up endlessly to try and gain board cred. It's often times one the first things addressed when people get their results back from blood testing if there was a hormone panel done. I know 4 others that also do monthly testing, all have been given some kind of anti-estrogen.

You think organic doesn't use pesticides? LOL...

Organic farming actually uses more pesticide and herbicide than conventional farming. Unlike conventional farming, it's use is completely unregulated. This is common knowledge, you knob.

BIG_DADDY 05-13-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14265747)
You think organic doesn't use pesticides? LOL...

Organic farming actually uses more pesticide and herbicide than conventional farming. Unlike conventional farming, it's use is completely unregulated. This is common knowledge, you knob.

Apparently the scientist doesn't even know what sourced organics means. This is the typical response I would expect from from somebody going on 20 years of endless Big Farm/Pharm astroturfing. What's with the names every post? What are like 6 years old or is your estrogen level getting a little high. You might want to have that checked out.

tooge 05-13-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14263704)
Teriyaki jerky, eye of round, cured, with and across grain. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...35860aed2a.jpg

That looks legit.

Fish 05-13-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY (Post 14265762)
Apparently the scientist doesn't even know what sourced organics means. This is the typical response I would expect from from somebody going on 20 years of endless Big Farm/Pharm astroturfing. What's with the names every post? What are like 6 years old?

Sourced organics use pesticides and herbicides. It's a fact. Visit an actual farm sometime.

BIG_DADDY 05-13-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14265778)
Sourced organics use pesticides and herbicides. It's a fact. Visit an actual farm sometime.

You still don't know sourced organics means. ROFL How scientific of you.

You might want to go pull up your science thread for the billionth time and cut and paste some cutting edge pseudoscience to try and build back your board cred.

Fire Me Boy! 05-13-2019 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 14265771)
That looks legit.

Its interesting. The cross cut is easier to chew (obviously) but it seems the with the grain cut has more flavor.

GloryDayz 05-13-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14265839)
Its interesting. The cross cut is easier to chew (obviously) but it seems the with the grain cut has more flavor.

Have you tried vacuum marination to speed things up?

Fire Me Boy! 05-13-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14266065)

I don't have one of those.

fan4ever 05-13-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14265839)

Maybe cross cut allows more marinade to be absorbed? I always do mine cross cut in big slabs.

fan4ever 05-13-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14266065)

I've got "one of those" I used for sous vide...making jerky, while cheaper than store bought, is still pretty expensive...I'm not adding considerable expense to the process when a little extra time will do the same thing...but that's me.

GloryDayz 05-13-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 14266084)
I don't have one of those.

We have this puppy. Not high end, but it more than does the job. We use it for flank steak, and man, does it draw the marinade to the middle... Let it roll for 20 and sit for another 20 (in the vacuum), sear both sides just over hot coals, and life if good.

http://digital.hammacher.com/Items/7..._1000x1000.jpg