ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports 2013-2014 Official NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275118)

KevB 10-31-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10145245)
New Delay of game rule just slows down the game even more. They really have to change it.

It does early in the season, but once the players become accustomed to it, I do think it will speed up play.

Shogun 10-31-2013 08:06 PM

I still love Kirk Hinrich.

chiefzilla1501 10-31-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 10143937)
You're entitled to your opinion, but the Howard trade is not overrated. He doesn't have to be a monster offensive low post player (but I bet Olajuwon teaches him something) with the players around him. All he's got to do is be somewhat of a threat, clean the glass and be active around the basket and he'll get his. The beauty part is the Rockets STILL have Asik. When he spells Howard, they still have very capable backup. Play them both together and the lineup is HUGE with enough smalls and or scorers to be used as needed.

Do you really think the Spurs and Warriors are deeper than Houston? Maybe the Warriors are as deep but the Spurs are a different case all together because they're old and it shows every season. What depth they have needs to be counted on more so than the others.

Did you check out Howard's line last night? He had 17 pts and 27 boards, and a couple of blocks. If you can count on that point-wise and half that board wise, all year from him - the Rockets have all the other pieces and will likely represent the West in the Finals.

Fair enough about needing to show you more, however, yours is one of the few discussion they're not in, but in time I bet they will be...

I think what bothers me about Morey's moves is that he is going to be paying Lin and Asik $16M for each of the next 2 years to sit on the bench in mop-up time, when these guys are really, really bad fits with the superstars they later brought in. And the way they poison pilled their contracts, they're probably stuck with these 2 contracts. Howard can't play at the same time as Asik. Lin can't play with Harden. And then the question that will always come up is if Howard can play with Harden. McHale. Hell, anybody.

So we'll see on Howard. Given his contract, he had better see more good days than pouty days.

dirk digler 10-31-2013 08:50 PM

Rose with the floater! Up 1 with 5 seconds left

dirk digler 10-31-2013 08:52 PM

Bulls squeak out a win 82-81 over the Knicks. Melo takes the final shot which was a 3, don't get that but whatever

-King- 10-31-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10145272)
It does early in the season, but once the players become accustomed to it, I do think it will speed up play.

I don't know. Refs are pretty tick tacky with it. It's natural reaction to catch a ball falling in front of you. There have been a few where they called it even though the player passed the ball to the inbounder or even the ref.

Shogun 10-31-2013 09:29 PM

Damn, sweet halfcourt shot by Speights that didn't quite count

okcchief 10-31-2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 10145268)
If they knew Harden would be this good, they should have kept all three. How could anyone think it's a bad thing to have 3 of the top 12 players in the league, all three playing different positions? Presti missed on his projection for how good Harden would become.

Harden wouldn't that player on the Thunder. There is only one ball. Either way it was a horrible trade. Presti deserves the chance to redeem himself since he built the roster to begin with. IMO Adams can be the center they need, but they will have to go grab a shooter unless Lamb grows up real quick. They need a lights out shooter desperately.

mcaj22 10-31-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 10145738)
Harden wouldn't that player on the Thunder. There is only one ball. Either way it was a horrible trade. Presti deserves the chance to redeem himself since he built the roster to begin with. IMO Adams can be the center they need, but they will have to go grab a shooter unless Lamb grows up real quick. They need a lights out shooter desperately.

the Clippers acquired all the available ones

KC_Connection 10-31-2013 10:02 PM

Who needs defense?

RustShack 10-31-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shogun (Post 10145654)
Damn, sweet halfcourt shot by Speights that didn't quite count

Who's he with now? He was one of the few bright spots on the Cavs last year after the season was all but over.

GoChargers 10-31-2013 11:51 PM

CHRIS. MOTHER****ING. PAUL.

That is all.

mdchiefsfan 11-01-2013 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pam Oliver's Forehead (Post 10142479)
The Mavs look ****ING AWESOME.

Dirk and Monta on FIRE.

Who was the last player to lead the Mavs in scoring, besides Dirk? Josh Howard?

Defense and turnovers need a little work, but I hope that will come with time in Carlisle's system and experience playing together.

Once Harris comes back, I think we will look a lot better. But, for a 4th string PG, Gal isn't doing too bad.

I'd like a little bit more of a scoring punch at the two off the bench, I'm not certain how much Ellington can do for us. I believe they want Harris to fill that role as well, occasionally.

Dejuan Blair has some hustle, especially on the offensive glass. That was a good thing to see.

11 assists by Calderon and he wasn't a complete defensive sieve for us. The threes will drop soon enough.

All that said, this was against the Hawks, I'm a little iffy about their place in the league. We have a much better test tonight against the Rockets.

Get 'em Mavs!

Al Bundy 11-01-2013 09:52 AM

Flop city.

okcchief 11-01-2013 10:12 AM

I havent seen the Mavs play, but the roster is better, and Carlisle is a hell of a coach. Wouldn't suprise me if they made the playoffs if Dirk stays healthy.