ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers 2 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=273151)

ThaVirus 01-14-2015 10:58 AM

Man of Steel is better than Avengers?

Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel film to date?

What kind of shit is being smoked in here?

keg in kc 01-14-2015 01:12 PM

Saying I like something more is not the same as saying I think something is better. I prefer Man of Steel because the tone fits my taste more, to a degree I prefer the performances and I definitely prefer the soundtrack. But really the movies are about equal in my eyes. Both have good qualities and both have shortcomings. I just like watching MoS a little more. But if either of them were on HBO at this moment, I'd happily watch. And some days I may prefer Avengers.

Guardians may have been the best Marvel movie to date. Although I'd tend to go with Winter Soldier. Because another unpopular opinion I have is that I don't like Iron Man quite as much as other folks seem to. I also, I think, like both of the Thor movies more than most. I thought the first Captain America was okay, but not great. The second Iron Man was bad. I liked the third Iron Man, and didn't think there was anything wrong with how they handled Mandarin in it (as well as in the subsequent short).

I also liked both First Class and Days of Future Past about as much as I've liked any of the in-house Marvel Studios movies. The Wolverine was pretty good as well, although I thought it fell apart a bit in the final act. I've never seen any of the Fantastic Four movies, thought the first movie of the first Spider-Man trilogy was okay, the second was good, and the third was something I'm trying to forget I ever saw. I haven't seen either of the Garfield ones.

DaveNull 01-14-2015 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11269000)
The Wolverine was pretty good as well, although I thought it fell apart a bit in the final act.

You had me until this.

keg in kc 01-14-2015 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 11269019)
You had me until this.

Minor complaint, I'm talking along the lines of going from a great movie to a really good one. Was just a little too CGI actiony for me at the end, after it had been pretty cerebral for the other 85% of the movie...

One of my favorites recently in any case.

Which reminds me, I've never seen Origins. And never plan to.

beach tribe 01-14-2015 02:32 PM

I've watched Avengers and Winter soldier many times each, and still love them both.

(I love all the Marvel movies IM2 included)

IM3 is my lowest ranked marvel flick. followed by The first Avenger.

-King- 01-14-2015 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11268752)
Man of Steel is better than Avengers?

Guardians of the Galaxy is the best Marvel film to date?

What kind of shit is being smoked in here?

I liked Avengers but I have no urge at all to rewatch it. Man of Steel though I have watched it multiple times. It just has a much better story to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

beach tribe 01-14-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 11269168)
I liked Avengers but I have no urge at all to rewatch it. Man of Steel though I have watched it multiple times. It just has a much better story to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm gonna re-watch MOS right now. Hasn't even crossed my mind to do so, but I'm gonna give it a chance.

Bowser 01-14-2015 07:35 PM

Iron Man 2 was ass. Almost had the feel of a mail-in movie by the actors. IM3 was better, but still off for me.

Winter Soldier and Guardians are the cream of this crop, and it's not close. I have high hopes for Avengers 2. I think Dane will see Hemsworth hit some range with Thor in that one.

unlurking 01-15-2015 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11269656)
Iron Man 2 was ass. Almost had the feel of a mail-in movie by the actors. IM3 was better, but still off for me.

Winter Soldier and Guardians are the cream of this crop, and it's not close. I have high hopes for Avengers 2. I think Dane will see Hemsworth hit some range with Thor in that one.

Agreed on all points. Strangely intrigued by Ragnarok as well. Have not even watched the Ant-Man trailer yet, very little interest or expectations. Really excited to see what they do for Inhumans, Black Panther, Dr. Strange and Captain Marvel though.

Gravedigger 01-15-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11269656)

Iron Man 3 was terrible, terrible villains, unrealistic threat (yes even for a comic book movie), and a terrible ending. At least Iron Man 2 had an intimidating villain in Rourke, even though the final battle sucked and should've been much better, the writing was better, the story was more believable, and you didn't have an annoying ass kid that was given Downey's lines and Downey in the corner convulsing every other scene. Iron Man 3 didn't even have Iron Man in it for most of the movie. It was the worst superhero movie I've seen since Ghost Rider, people just say it's good because of Downey Jr.

unlurking 01-15-2015 02:36 PM

Nothing's as bad as Ghost Rider! :D