ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Clark is on 610 right now (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268760)

htismaqe 01-11-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9305911)
I don't know why either party would want to. I just don't think Cassel is as gone as I thought he was before Reid was hired. His responses on that call indicated to me that he thinks the coaching was the problem moreso than the QBs themselves.

Bottom line, if Cassel stays I won't be shocked.

Nothing they say at this point is worth a grain of salt.

They don't even have a GM yet.

Mr. Kotter 01-11-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9305852)
Honest question...

In what ways is Barkley better than Smith?

The stuff I've read gives Smith the edge with speed, mobility, and arm strength, but they give Barkley the edge in accuracy, mental make-up, and leadership. Smith's biggest knock seems to be a gunslinger mentality that contributes to poor accuracy on intermediate and deep throws (which has been masked by solid WV recievers,) while his strenghts include athleticism/mobility. The knock on Barley seems to center on arm strength and durability, and his strengths production and intangibles.

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9305941)
The stuff I've read gives Smith the edge with speed, mobility, and arm strength, but they give Barkley the edge in accuracy, mental make-up, and leadership. Smith's biggest knock seems to be a gunslinger mentality that contributes to poor accuracy on intermediate and deep throws (which has been masked by solid WV recievers,) while his strenghts include athleticism/mobility. The knock on Barley seems to center on arm strength and durability, and his strengths production and intangibles.

Barkley IS ****ing Ca$$hole in every way.

Everything about him reminds me of him...

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305952)

Wow.

Couldn't be more wrong.

htismaqe 01-11-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9305941)

When it comes to the underneath stuff, Barkley has great timing so he's very accurate.

On the deep stuff, it's no contest. Smith is accurate and delivers the ball on time. Barkley tends to float stuff.

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9305955)
Wow.

Couldn't be more wrong.

We'll see...

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-11-2013 01:27 PM

A mentality wouldn't contribute to poor accuracy, a lack of ability or poor technique would. A gunslinger mentality could contribute to poor decisions. That said, I'm not previously aware of anyone questioning Smith's downfield accuracy. In fact, I think it's the trait where he stands out most.

O.city 01-11-2013 01:29 PM

Geno is an extremely accurate QB, who is said to lack in reading defenses. I'm a fan of Geno, like Wilson too. But, give me a guy who's extremely accurate and I'll try and teach him to read defenses.

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9305966)
Geno is an extremely accurate QB, who is said to lack in reading defenses. I'm a fan of Geno, like Wilson too. But, give me a guy who's extremely accurate and I'll try and teach him to read defenses.

Trent Green was the exact opposite.

He knew how to read a defense and where his guy would be and THAT made him accurate...

O.city 01-11-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305972)
Trent Green was the exact opposite.

He knew how to read a defense and where his guy would be and THAT made him accurate...

Reading defenses doesnt' make you accurate. You can know where to throw it, but if you aren't accurate, it doesn't matter.

Green was extremely accurate and could read defenses.

A guy like Wilson is good at reading d's but isn't as accurate.

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9305979)
Reading defenses doesnt' make you accurate.

Ok, yer' right...

BigMeatballDave 01-11-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305980)
Ok, yer' right...

He is. It's mechanics.

Mr. Kotter 01-11-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9305952)

I've talked with some SC fans who would strongly disagree... :shrug:

RINGLEADER 01-11-2013 01:39 PM

I've thought the Chiefs may trade back to someone who needs a LT or DT to get a top 10 pick this year, a first next season and the trade the second round pick for a first next season and later second or thord this year. We go into 2013 with 3 first rounders eithe the ability to take whoever we want. If there's no obvious QB next year we do it again and have 5 first rounders in 2014.

Because draft picks are more valuable than players.

Rausch 01-11-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Kotter (Post 9305992)
I've talked with some SC fans who would strongly disagree... :shrug:

Eh.....I'd disagree.

I don't want him.

In any round. Not even the 7th...