ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Xbox 720 vs PlayStation 4: Whats in Store? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255148)

beach tribe 06-18-2012 09:23 AM

The reason that this is absolutely idiotic, is because the Hackers are still going to find a way to steal their media. They will never be stopped. All this is going to do is **** up some of the best parts of gaming, and force some nerds to miss a few nights sleep.

ragedogg69 06-18-2012 04:25 PM

I just had my DVD Rom in my xbox 360 go out yesterday. Refuses to read any disc. This is my second 360 that needs an out of warranty repair. This along with a PS3 that died on me(Thank god for American Express), I am not even going to think about buying the next gen consoles unless they have a 2 year warranty.

Give it all the bells and whistles you want, I have no faith that a console from Sony and especially Microsoft will last the full life cycle like my XBOX, PS2, PS, N64, SNES and NES did.

They just dont build them like they used to.;)

007 06-18-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 8686698)
I just had my DVD Rom in my xbox 360 go out yesterday. Refuses to read any disc. This is my second 360 that needs an out of warranty repair. This along with a PS3 that died on me(Thank god for American Express), I am not even going to think about buying the next gen consoles unless they have a 2 year warranty.

Give it all the bells and whistles you want, I have no faith that a console from Sony and especially Microsoft will last the full life cycle like my XBOX, PS2, PS, N64, SNES and NES did.

That is because it creates a new revenue stream for them.

Quesadilla Joe 06-19-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 8686698)

I had my XBOX 360 repaired once every 3-6 months for three years before I finally got rid of it and have since had two PS3's.

My Nintendo and Super Nintendo STILL work. My PS2 kinda works but it occasionally has hiccups reading discs.

ragedogg69 06-20-2012 02:54 PM

yeah by the end of it my PS2 was struggling reading discs but it was a launch console. I finally bought the hard drive ripper for it just so I could play games without Disc read errors. I turned my original xbox into a media center that worked amazing for years. I finally upgraded to a modded Apple TV and HTPC when I wanted to watch high def content.

All of my PS, Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, and SNES are in boxes in my closet, but still work. I need to build a MAME so i can play all those old games again.

FWIW, my fiance's Wii still works, but it is hardly used. Even then, I wouldnt buy the Wii U because that looks DERPtacular.

ForeverChiefs58 12-02-2012 09:19 PM

Sony’s radical PlayStation 4 controller concept: A motion-control device you can split in half

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/LV...gw619h426crop1

While Nintendo (NTDOY) has been busy innovating with unique controllers on the Wii and Wii U, Sony’s (SNE) DualShock controller for its PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 has remained virtually the same since 1997. A newly discovered patent reveals Sony might be planning on a radical overhaul of the DualShock for the PlayStation 4 that’s rumored to arrive next year. U.S. patent 20120302347A1 details a “hybrid separable motion controller” that resembles a DualShock controller with two PlayStation Move sensor balls attached to it. Much like how the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller combo separated the left and right hand input, the Sony controller patent goes one step further by allowing the two halves to be split and combined at any time – all without reducing the amount of buttons available.

The patent also highlights the inclusion of a “connection sensor for determining whether the controller is in a connected configuration or a disconnected configuration.”

One of the PlayStation Move’s biggest disadvantages is that it’s a separate controller and not the default one. As a result, most developers either saw it as merely a Wii Remote clone or as a niche controller with a limited install base not worth programming special controls for. If Sony were to include proper 1:1 motion controls within the default PS4 controller without turning its back on the “core” controller, it could greatly appeal to casual and core gamers.

Such a controller can be considered a natural evolution of the current DualShock 3 controller that sports limited motion controls using its three-axis accelerometer and gyroscope.

Of course, the controller is only a patent that may never make it to market, so don’t get your hopes up if it doesn’t happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/sony-radical-p...151003000.html

ForeverChiefs58 12-02-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8685700)
So what was the Buzz on the Wii U? Seems like i didnt hear much about it out of E3. Did it get bad buzz?

I shelled out for the Wii U for my son for Christmas. He has been so excited for it, I sure hope it doesn't disappoint. It looks pretty amazing.

Buck 12-02-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverChiefs58 (Post 9174484)
Sony’s radical PlayStation 4 controller concept: A motion-control device you can split in half

http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/LV...gw619h426crop1

While Nintendo (NTDOY) has been busy innovating with unique controllers on the Wii and Wii U, Sony’s (SNE) DualShock controller for its PlayStation, PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3 has remained virtually the same since 1997. A newly discovered patent reveals Sony might be planning on a radical overhaul of the DualShock for the PlayStation 4 that’s rumored to arrive next year. U.S. patent 20120302347A1 details a “hybrid separable motion controller” that resembles a DualShock controller with two PlayStation Move sensor balls attached to it. Much like how the Wii Remote and Nunchuk controller combo separated the left and right hand input, the Sony controller patent goes one step further by allowing the two halves to be split and combined at any time – all without reducing the amount of buttons available.

The patent also highlights the inclusion of a “connection sensor for determining whether the controller is in a connected configuration or a disconnected configuration.”

One of the PlayStation Move’s biggest disadvantages is that it’s a separate controller and not the default one. As a result, most developers either saw it as merely a Wii Remote clone or as a niche controller with a limited install base not worth programming special controls for. If Sony were to include proper 1:1 motion controls within the default PS4 controller without turning its back on the “core” controller, it could greatly appeal to casual and core gamers.

Such a controller can be considered a natural evolution of the current DualShock 3 controller that sports limited motion controls using its three-axis accelerometer and gyroscope.

Of course, the controller is only a patent that may never make it to market, so don’t get your hopes up if it doesn’t happen.

http://news.yahoo.com/sony-radical-p...151003000.html

That looks stupid.

ForeverChiefs58 12-02-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 9174754)
That looks stupid.

I also think it looks like it would be difficult to play :shrug:

Pants 12-02-2012 11:17 PM

I'm going with Durango, or Xbox 8 or whatever the **** it's going to be called. It's going to have a controller with MS Surface, built in Kinect 2.0 and 0 weird ass Japanese games. :thumb:

Imon Yourside 12-03-2012 12:39 AM

Screw the next Gen, unless all releases are on PC in which case bring em' on to get rid of shitty PC ports with graphics being held back to suit the consoles. Btw I had a 360 for 10 years and hated the pos, just got a PS3 and it is worlds better...hard to explain why.

kcxiv 12-03-2012 12:44 AM

only thing ps3 imo is better at is Blu Ray and for media streaming. Loved the media streaming alot better then the xbox's. To bad it died, it was a launch system. 60 gb BC one.

Pants 12-03-2012 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9175225)
Screw the next Gen, unless all releases are on PC in which case bring em' on to get rid of shitty PC ports with graphics being held back to suit the consoles. Btw I had a 360 for 10 years and hated the pos, just got a PS3 and it is worlds better...hard to explain why.

Both have their places in the world.

Imon Yourside 12-03-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9175243)
only thing ps3 imo is better at is Blu Ray and for media streaming. Loved the media streaming alot better then the xbox's. To bad it died, it was a launch system. 60 gb BC one.

I've had it a week and a half and it's more stable than the 360 ever was. I went through 5 360's, I hate everything Microshaft...It just takes the fun out of gaming. The Ps3 controller is A LOT more comfortable and responsive to me.

htismaqe 12-03-2012 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9175299)
I've had it a week and a half and it's more stable than the 360 ever was. I went through 5 360's, I hate everything Microshaft...It just takes the fun out of gaming. The Ps3 controller is A LOT more comfortable and responsive to me.

Unfortunately, that's a common complaint with the 360. I was one of the fortunuate ones. I had my launch system from Day 1 and only got rid of it because I traded it in for a 360s when they came out. I had to send it in once because the graphics chipset needed to be repaired, otherwise I NEVER had a problem with it.

On the controller, I've finally gotten used to the PS3 controller. That being said, I've also noticed over this weekend that if I play for more than 4 hours in a single sitting, the carpal tunnel on my left hand starts to hurt. :(