ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid with Peter King (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268926)

Mother****erJones 01-16-2013 07:12 AM

Well see how Poe does this year in an attacking 34D. What a waste of another pick

YayMike 01-16-2013 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9323343)
I was wrong.

Albert was injured, Allen sucked, Hudson was injured, Asamoah was average and Winston was not much of an upgrade. Baldwin was a major disappointment, Breaston invisible, Boss was injured and Moeaki had the weakest return of the ACL Club.

Lewis was crap, Routt was crap, Silar was crap and of course, Dorsey and Jackson were non-factors. Bailey regressed, Pituatoa and Smith were underwhelming, as was Jalil Brown and Abe Elam.

If not for Jamaal Charles, this team would have been 0-16.

I agree with this for the most part. Unlike most however, I feel that the new coaching staff can fix at least SOME of the suck. IMO, some of the suck was caused by scheme, terrible coaching, and zero accountability. I just don't think some people realize how pad Pioli ****ed this franchise over. The terrible drafts, the misuse of players on the roster, the inability to find competent backups at almost every position. If even some of that can be fixed, it helps a ton.

My hope is that a new QB, combined with stopping some players from continuing to suck will propel this team to 7 wins in the first season. Anything more than that is wishful thinking.

Here's what I would do, for the starters, for depth, i leave that to people who know a lot more than me.

Get 2 new QBs in the draft.
If Reid decides we need a WR, I am fine with that, but I also would like to give Breaston / Baldwin a year with a passing offense / real QB. Either way Breaston is gone after 2013, so grabbing another WR this year or next should be on the TDL. Sign Bowe, period.
I'd actually like to see a FA RB thumper brought in not named Hillis.
TE shouldnt be drafted, as I think that Boss/Mo are serviceable.
Franchise Albert to see if his back is good. I think they should get a center in FA just in case.

The d-line needs help, but we cannot afford to spend a 1st, or 2nd round choice to help. Look to FA. Same with the LB core, grab a ILB to play next to DJ.
If you dont take a WR in the 2nd round, it better be a CB.
I'd move Berry to FS and consider drafting a SS, but that's just my opinion.

I've seen enough of Succop. Bring a FAR into camp to compete with him
Sign MVP to a lifetime contract.

Easy 6 01-16-2013 08:21 PM

To be honest, some of the anti-Reid accusations this wave of iggles throws out are true... i've been mystified by many of the same calls over the years.

Throwing it on third and short too much, abandoning the run way too early... there IS an undeniable Martzian stubborn quality to him.

But he's a FAR better gamble than Kelly, tried and true, a list of qualified professionals to turn to a mile long under his arm... just like anyone in their profession, he's a day older and wiser, he wont make many of the same mistakes he used to, thats just the nature of a driven professional.

Even if he IS too pass happy at times, its FAR better than the sixth grader in a madden game plan we've had for so long... let him throw it for now, when it gets out of hand, KC will make its displeasure known.

TheGuardian 01-16-2013 08:53 PM

"With a couple, three drafts..."

Jesus christ, some of you take a quote and just analyze it to death!

Read between the lines a bit instead of taking it at face value. He'll need time to find HIS QB, and build around him. That takes 2-3 seasons.

Come the **** on.

Oh Snap 01-16-2013 10:46 PM

So...we've taken one QB in the last six drafts? lol is it any wonder why this team sucks at the QB position?

Love how Reid also basically said what we've known for a while now. ***** did not draft well at all. His draft picks were horrid, the only talent we've had on this team during his tenure was from the prior administration.

At least ***** is gone, as are his hopes for ever being an NFL GM again. I do think that Reid will build a winning organization here, and I also feel optimistic about Dorsey. I think one of the key things is the GM and HC working together. Hunt royally ****ed up by allowing Scott ***** the type of unregulated control he had. I think the coaching staff and front office here in KC are going to be ran MUCH better now than what we've been accustomed to.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 11:08 PM

poe did jack shit in a college in a pathetic league

he did jack shit last year...

by the standard of 'he wore a uniform' he was a great success

i don't see any nasty in him...which is crucial for a DL

but whatever, it costs nothing to say he's a great draft pick with awesome potential...so have at it

Hammock Parties 01-16-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327216)
poe did jack shit in a college in a pathetic league

he did jack shit last year...

These are the only facts.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:13 PM

Well, Poe was brought in and basically told not to attack and play, but to think, then react. It's pretty hard to be a rookie, much less in that scheme.

When he was simply asked to rush the passer, I thought he looked pretty good.

HolyHat 01-16-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327216)

i don't see any nasty in him..

I want some nasty!

Hammock Parties 01-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327229)
When he was simply asked to rush the passer, I thought he looked pretty good.

No, that was the worst part of his game by far.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9327253)
No, that was the worst part of his game by far.

Well, **** it then.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 11:26 PM

i ****ing hate the poe pick

we institute a 3-4, then wait 4 years - while passing on raji and Cody [in the 2nd!!] - to draft a combine freak who did jack shit in college...at #11

embarrassing

JPP was a pick with potential...this was just a dumb pick

O.city 01-16-2013 11:27 PM

Well, Cody hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

Poe has elite potential. Just needs to learn the craft.

-King- 01-16-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327272)
i ****ing hate the poe pick

we institute a 3-4, then wait 4 years - while passing on raji and Cody [in the 2nd!!] - to draft a combine freak who did jack shit in college...at #11

embarrassing

JPP was a pick with potential...this was just a dumb pick

Raji and Cody both suck. Shit...they might be worse than Poe or in the same tier as Poe.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327275)
Well, Cody hasn't exactly lit the world on fire.

Poe has elite potential. Just needs to learn the craft.

based on what? measurements?

not based on anything he has ever done on a football field

cody's not great, but ravens had the 2nd ranked rush defense with him as starter in 2011...and he came in the second round