ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Texting in the theater in Florida? I don't think so... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280643)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 01-15-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10371197)
I tend to doubt he thought that far ahead. Read the bio on this guy, he’s a man of authority that isn’t used to being told to get bent much less have some smart ass punk throw something at him. I’m willing to bet his reaction is based on emotion and pride.

either way, he is a psycho

Mr. Flopnuts 01-15-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10371197)
I tend to doubt he thought that far ahead. Read the bio on this guy, he’s a man of authority that isn’t used to being told to get bent much less have some smart ass punk throw something at him. I’m willing to bet his reaction is based on emotion and pride.

Which I'm sure is a big part of it. But when I say he thought stand your ground would protect him, in my mind he's a big supporter of the law, and thought to himself that because of it, his ailing body wouldn't cause him to suffer any humiliation ever again. Totally crack pot psychology there, but that is the jest of my thought process. Right or wrong, we'll never know, more than likely.

Radar Chief 01-15-2014 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudy lost the toss (Post 10371200)
either way, he is a psycho

Agreed, and he's headed for what he deserves.

Bambi 01-15-2014 12:30 PM

People who carry guns around continue to sink lower and lower on the society food chain.

Feel bad too because guns are pretty cool considering the engineering involved.

Chief Gump 01-15-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkchief (Post 10371199)
I hope this is sarcastic.

You don't think it will look different to a judge and jury both in the verdict and sentencing in a trial.

Scenario one, old fart claims something hits him and he just reactivly pulls the trigger.

Scenario two, old fart gets hit with something and has to actively think to pull out his gun and pull the trigger.

That can play a huge difference.

jspchief 01-15-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Gump (Post 10371590)
You don't think it will look different to a judge and jury both in the verdict and sentencing in a trial.

Scenario one, old fart claims something hits him and he just reactivly pulls the trigger.

Scenario two, old fart gets hit with something and has to actively think to pull out his gun and pull the trigger.

"Reactively pull the trigger"?

Rain Man 01-15-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

I don't really understand the difference.

As someone earlier pointed out, I'm curious why the wife's hand got shot, and if she was trying to hold the dead guy back from attacking the old guy. But even if she was, I think the old guy is in a heap of trouble, so maybe it doesn't make much difference.

It's really hard for me to buy any type of self-defense argument. There were no punches thrown, and it was in a public area with dozens of other people around. Yelling, "Help! Call the police!" would have sufficed as a defense.

Brock 01-15-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

About the only thing I'm thinking is that this crazy old **** thinks it's okay to discharge his weapon in a room that's wall to wall people over a confrontation he just wouldn't walk away from. He needs to be put away.

Just Passin' By 01-15-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

He's a retired police captain.

peterbilt 01-15-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 10370310)
Absolutely correct. The texting is may have started it, but this is nothing more than a sad case of two folks who let their egos get in the way. Had the guy who was texting been more courteous to those around him AND had the old guy been a little more patient, this would never have escalated to two strangers standing up and facing each other in a public theater.

They BOTH mishandled this poorly. It should never have escalated to someone feeling like he needed to pull a gun on the other.

Was there a better way to "mishandle" it. ROFL

Just Passin' By 01-15-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 10370310)
Absolutely correct. The texting is may have started it, but this is nothing more than a sad case of two folks who let their egos get in the way. Had the guy who was texting been more courteous to those around him AND had the old guy been a little more patient, this would never have escalated to two strangers standing up and facing each other in a public theater.

They BOTH mishandled this poorly. It should never have escalated to someone feeling like he needed to pull a gun on the other.

A guy was killed because some asshole didn't like him texting during movie previews. The previews. This isn't a both wrong scenario.

Rain Man 01-15-2014 01:58 PM

I think the big problem is that we no longer allow duels. In 1810 this would have been handled much better. They would have slapped each other with gloves, met in a designated dueling zone of a city park later, and everyone would have enjoyed the movie.

Radar Chief 01-15-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10371667)
I think the big problem is that we no longer allow duels. In 1810 this would have been handled much better. They would have slapped each other with gloves, met in a designated dueling zone of a city park later, and everyone would have enjoyed the movie.

Well that is kind of what they did, only the loser brought popcorn to a gun fight.

Rain Man 01-15-2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 10371686)
Well that is kind of what they did, only the loser brought popcorn to a gun fight.

He also got first shot, but you're not going to win a duel with popcorn. It was a bad choice of weapons.

Dartgod 01-15-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 10371739)
He also got first shot, but you're not going to win a duel with popcorn. It was a bad choice of weapons.

Not so fast...

Quote:

It is estimated between 170-190 people die per year from choking on popcorn, making it one of the top 5 most dangerous snacks.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_p..._year?#slide=1