ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Sci-Fi geeks UNITE!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=119615)

keg in kc 03-25-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru
That was the most intriguing thing I saw, too. I wish they'd kept it at that.

I'm not as thrilled with "I've secretly been a Cylon for 60 years."

The more I think about it, the more I realize I have no idea what's going on. They could write this a thousand different directions. Which in a way makes this the most intriguing finale so far.

They've still not explained what the final 5 are, or why the 7 we already know speak about them they way that they do.

What if it turns out they aren't Cylons, and are somehow just picking up the frequency. You know, come to think of it, all four of them were on New Caprica, what if this is the result of something that was done to them in captivity.

And we have a ginormous Cylon fleet looming with warheads ready to fly from Galactica.

Uncle_Ted 03-25-2007 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
More of an action junkie, huh?

Actually, not at all. More of a "continuity" and "intelligence" junky. It was like "oh wow, us four random characters are cylons ... ok, now back to work!"

It doesn't fit together convincingly at all.

Bowser 03-25-2007 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle_Ted
Actually, not at all. More of a "continuity" and "intelligence" junky. It was like "oh wow, us four random characters are cylons ... ok, now back to work!"

It doesn't fit together convincingly at all.

I agree, that's why I'm not buying it. Something else is at work.

keg in kc 03-25-2007 09:28 PM

christ january is a long way away.

I wonder if come 2008 we'll be talking about how fucking brilliant the whole thing turned out to be, or if we'll be groaning loudly.

As long as they don't have Anders wake up and Kara's in the shower...

Uncle_Ted 03-25-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser
I agree, that's why I'm not buying it. Something else is at work.

The problem I have is that now they expect us to wait 9 months for some answers, answers which may or may not come (and even if they do, will likely be disappointing and not believable, given the recent track record).

This show has become TV's worst c*cktease, and it's not even "hot" anymore.

keg in kc 03-25-2007 09:37 PM

Simple answer there: don't tune in in January.

It's only a tv show...

Not really worth getting riled-up over.

keg in kc 03-25-2007 09:40 PM

I didn't even think about it, but I guess we can try to figure out which part of the Milky Way they're in from that closing zoom.

I bet somebody'll have a map available by tomorrow.

Oh well, I'm heading to bed. This whole thing's made my head hurt.

Uncle_Ted 03-25-2007 09:42 PM

I wouldn't say I'm "riled up" over it ... just very disappointed to see the life sucked out of such a promising, intelligent show.

I'll probably tune in just to see what happens ... but the show definitely isn't a "must watch" for me anymore.

Miles 03-26-2007 12:56 AM

Maybe a tad disappointing but much better than the show has been as of late. I thought that the cliffhanger was acceptable for how much time off this show is taking.

I guess we can now rule out Starbuck since it appears
that in order to be a cylon women they have to be really hot.

As a side note it was odd hearing Claudia Black on The Dresden Files speaking without her Australian accent.

Silock 03-26-2007 01:44 AM

Okay, haters. That was a fantastic episode. You can call most of this season "filler," but it really wasn't. It wasn't action-packed, but they did a ton of character development and did move the storyline forward a ton. This last episode just solidified how great the series has become. Questions I have:

1) Obviously, are they really Cylons? Too early to tell.

2) If they are, who is the 5th?

3) Who are those people that took Baltar away? We never got to see but one of their faces. Are they the actual Cylons?

4) If Tyrol is a Cylon, then it seems that Hera isn't the only human/cylon hybrid in the fleet. How is that going to play out?

5) What do they do with the 6 in the hold?

Nightwish 03-26-2007 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock
Okay, haters. That was a fantastic episode. You can call most of this season "filler," but it really wasn't. It wasn't action-packed, but they did a ton of character development and did move the storyline forward a ton. This last episode just solidified how great the series has become. Questions I have:

1) Obviously, are they really Cylons? Too early to tell.

2) If they are, who is the 5th?

I think we can probably rule out Baltar, that would be too easy and too obvious. And as someone pointed out on another website, it is never the top dog in charge, it's always the ones behind the scenes pulling the strings (ala Tori), so I doubt that it's Roslin or Adama.

Quote:

Put her in Playboy (or so I hear).

Kraut 03-26-2007 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightwish
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put her in Playboy (or so I hear).

:thumb:

Braincase 03-26-2007 05:33 AM

What if they find out that there are no humans, only Cylons?

Frazod 03-26-2007 08:02 AM

I think it's pretty obvious that Starbuck is the 5th cylon.

Silock 03-26-2007 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod
I think it's pretty obvious that Starbuck is the 5th cylon.

I don't think it's obvious at all.

If Anders is a Cylon, then that would be the first Cylon-Cylon hookup we've seen on the show thus far. And the Cylons don't seem to be trying to do that because it doesn't work for them.