ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Amazing Spider Man trailer (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=247350)

luv 07-04-2012 10:04 PM

Went to see this tonight. IMAX 3D. I liked it, but I'm too unfamiliar with the comic to do any comparisons.

mr. tegu 07-05-2012 09:09 AM

Here is my dilemma. I see there are mostly positive reviews about this movie, but I was never really expecting to go see this movie in the theaters for various reasons. I was just planning on waiting until it came out to rent. Now I went to see Prometheus in the theater, in IMAX 3D at that because of the reviews on here for it being worth it for its great visuals...however, that movie was certainly not worth the extra money for IMAX 3D and was not really worth seeing in the theaters. I was greatly dissappointed as the story/plot was just silly and in general not very good. So am I to expect this movie IS actually a good movie worth seeing in the theaters?

Wallcrawler 07-05-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 8719591)
Here is my dilemma. I see there are mostly positive reviews about this movie, but I was never really expecting to go see this movie in the theaters for various reasons. I was just planning on waiting until it came out to rent. Now I went to see Prometheus in the theater, in IMAX 3D at that because of the reviews on here for it being worth it for its great visuals...however, that movie was certainly not worth the extra money for IMAX 3D and was not really worth seeing in the theaters. I was greatly dissappointed as the story/plot was just silly and in general not very good. So am I to expect this movie IS actually a good movie worth seeing in the theaters?

If you like Spider-Man and would like to see a pretty good movie about Spider-Man's origin and a story about the origin of the Lizard, go see it.

Its a comic book film. Watch it as a comic book film. If you do that, you'll enjoy it, but if you park your ass in the seat with your "just gimme a reason to shred this movie on CP when I get home" glasses on, then yeah its a waste of your money.

Who wouldve thought so many people would get such a big bug up their ass over a few cranes? Seriously, I lol'd.

Wallcrawler 07-05-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kysirsoze (Post 8719147)
Really?

Spoiler!

Not saying I didn't really like the film, but it wasn't immune to the cheese factor.

You actually believe those instances youre describing, compare in ANY way, to Raindrops keep fallin on my head, The Power Ranger reject, or the electric slide?

Gimme a break. The crane sequence doesnt even qualify if you were awake during the film.

Spoiler!

Micjones 07-05-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8719187)
Doesn't matter, it was completely inscrutable.

Really? I was told...

Spoiler!

Brock 07-05-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Micjones (Post 8719644)
Really? I was told...

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

ragedogg69 07-05-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 8717431)
First off, I love how its a cheese-free movie. No raindrops keep fallin on my head, no electric slide, none of that bullshit.

Thank God! From all the positive reviews of this film, this isnt harped enough. When Spidey 3 came out with emo spiderman, everyone complained. I was puzzled because Spiderman was ****ing silly as hell. Like eye-rollingly cheezy. I hated them. I was hipster about it: "I hated spiderman before it was cool.

After hearing the script writer was fired from this movie before it was finished, I wrote it off. But the idea of a snarky, darker, no cheeze Spiderman has me interested. I may waste an afternoon matinee on this.

Deberg_1990 07-05-2012 11:15 AM

The Emo Dancing and raindrops never bothered me much. Thats was just Raimys quirky style (Which i happen to like).

But i can understand why it pissed off alot of comic fans.

This new guy Webb, sounds alot more like a conventional director.

Red Brooklyn 07-05-2012 11:49 AM

Raindrops was fantastic.

The "emo" (god I hate that ****ing term, in general, but especially in application to Spider-Man 3) dancing only bothered me because it was so absurd. And so different from what I was expecting. Peter Parker infected by the Venom parasite should have played differently. It was a bold choice, and I can appreciate that. But I think a better choice could have been made.

ThaVirus 07-05-2012 12:11 PM

I thought it was ok. I, too, had an issue with Parker being so cavalier with his identity. I also thought it was a bit too slow in the beginning with not enough funny to keep us occupied.

Best part of the film was the way Spiderman moved. Very fast, very agile- I thought they did a great job with that, but definitely wanted to see more.

Decent flick but don't think I liked it as much as the Spiderman.

EDIT: 3D for this film is a waste of money.

Tribal Warfare 07-05-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 8719941)
I thought it was ok. I, too, had an issue with Parker being so cavalier with his identity. I also thought it was a bit too slow in the beginning with not enough funny to keep us occupied.

Best part of the film was the way Spiderman moved. Very fast, very agile- I thought they did a great job with that, but definitely wanted to see more.

Decent flick but don't think I liked it as much as the Spiderman.

EDIT: 3D for this film is a waste of money.

some scenes were rendered non 3-D, I took my shades off to check due to see how it looked through the glasses and without.

Micjones 07-05-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 8719687)
Spoiler!

Take what I said with a grain of salt. That's second-hand information.
I didn't actually see it. It initially occurred to me that I should stay, but ran out without giving it a second thought.

Spoiler!

sedated 07-05-2012 02:14 PM

I’m glad everyone is blocking the spoiler info. Does Uncle Ben make it out alive this time?

ForeverChiefs58 07-05-2012 04:11 PM

Spiderman is Asian. Cool spiderman secrets video
<div><iframe frameborder="0" width="576" height="324" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/vyc/site/player.html#shareUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fscreen.yahoo.com%2Fsecrets-straight-from-spiderman-s-stuntman-29865019.html&browseCarouselUI=hide&startScreenCarouselUI=hide&repeat=0&vid=29865019"></iframe></div>

ForeverChiefs58 07-05-2012 04:20 PM

The part where he said it took 30 min to put the suit on surprised me. Who knew? :shrug: I guess I don't have a lot of experience wearing tights.