ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc Miami booster scandal, with Frank Haith mentioned. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=248568)

BigCatDaddy 08-18-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 7833372)
sorry man, i just don't think that call records or strip club receipts prove intent in any way. since when is it against NCAA rules to go to a strip club with a booster or talk to one on the phone? maybe i'm missing something, but those don't seem like a legitimate smoking fun, at least in my eyes. perhaps NCAA investigators will feel differently.

and by the way, i never claimed that everything was on the level and i've agreed that it's a massive PR hit. i'm just a realist.

i don't see the fanboy slant The Talking Can keeps referring to. i like to have solid proof before i go off the deep end demanding firings.

:facepalm:

phisherman 08-18-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7833369)
you don't appear to have even read the article....or the 2 dozen individual pages setup to display the documentary evidence related to each person named...

it's the most thoroughly sourced investigative piece about booster malfeasance probably ever....

but hey, I'm sure your uninformed, head in the sand, fanboi opinion is probably closer to the truth....

also, i have read the robinson piece about haith. i see questionable activity with the "acknowledged" payment of 10k and some phone calls/texts. i'm not sure of how often boosters interact with coaches, but 85 over a period of five years doesn't seem like THAT much.

the Talking Can 08-18-2011 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 7833381)
also, i have read the robinson piece about haith. i see questionable activity with the "acknowledged" payment of 10k and some phone calls/texts. i'm not sure of how often boosters interact with coaches, but 85 over a period of five years doesn't seem like THAT much.

so, you don't know how often coaches and boosters interact...but you know that 85 times is ok....

like I said....head in the sand

phisherman 08-18-2011 11:14 AM

do you know how much coaches and boosters interact?

4th and Long 08-18-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phisherman (Post 7833381)

There is a big picture here. Someone is not seeing it.

phisherman 08-18-2011 11:19 AM

if the big picture is simply that he's associated with this guy, i see it.

it definitely smells funny.

i'm curious to see what the NCAA ends up with.

the Talking Can 08-18-2011 11:20 AM

Haith has been in contact with Shapiro more than once a month for 5 years, just based on the #'s available....older records were destroyed

during this time, Shapiro was doling out hundred of thousands of dollars to dozens of players and coaching staffs of both football and basketball...

but to you, MU fanboi, it is most likely that Haith had no idea what was happening....never mind that expenses claimed have been verified with bank statements and receipts, and that most players and coaches named are photographed with Shapiro in strip clubs and in restaurants...

phisherman 08-18-2011 11:24 AM

sorry dude, not an MU fanboy. they could fire haith right now and i'd be happy with really any other name that was floating around as a possibility.

i agree, where there's smoke, there's fire. i've said as much before in this exact thread.

but isn't it the NCAA's job to investigate, not the court of public opinion? because at the end of the day, mike alden cares a lot more about what the NCAA has to say, not what you have to say.

now, future recruits, parents, etc, that's another story.

Pants 08-18-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7833414)
Haith has been in contact with Shapiro more than once a month for 5 years, just based on the #'s available....older records were destroyed

during this time, Shapiro was doling out hundred of thousands of dollars to dozens of players and coaching staffs of both football and basketball...

but to you, MU fanboi, it is most likely that Haith had no idea what was happening....never mind that expenses claimed have been verified with bank statements and receipts, and that most players and coaches named are photographed with Shapiro in strip clubs and in restaurants...

You're assuming it was just 1 text every 3 weeks or so? Usually when people have a conversation, it goes beyond just 1 text.

the Talking Can 08-18-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7833431)
You're assuming it was just 1 text every 3 weeks or so? Usually when people have a conversation, it goes beyond just 1 text.

the more compressed the time frame, the worse it looks for Haith...I was trying to be generous

Pants 08-18-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7833443)
the more compressed the time frame, the worse it looks for Haith...I was trying to be generous

So you think it would be worse if Haith had conversed with Shapiro 10 times during the 5 year period (instead of 85 times)?

the Talking Can 08-18-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7833449)
So you think it would be worse if Haith had conversed with Shapiro 10 times during the 5 year period (instead of 85 times)?

no, if the 85+ communications happened in 1-2 years vs 5....

and we aren't counting the communication between Shapiro and Haith's assistants, which I'd bet were 5x as many...

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2...1313229521.jpg

Haith: "Here's me with a complete stranger who bought us a $3000 meal...woot"

Pants 08-18-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 7833466)
no, if the 85+ communications happened in 1-2 years vs 5....

and we aren't counting the communication between Shapiro and Haith's assistants, which I'd bet were 5x as many...

http://l.yimg.com/a/p/sp/tools/med/2...1313229521.jpg

Haith: "Here's me with a complete stranger who bought us a $3000 meal...woot"

What would make you think the conversations happened in a 1-2 year span instead of what the article claims (85 texts/calls in a 5 year span)?

the Talking Can 08-18-2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7833478)
What would make you think the conversations happened in a 1-2 year span instead of what the article claims (85 texts/calls in a 5 year span)?

jesus christ people

I don't...it was hypothetical

Titty Meat 08-18-2011 11:43 AM

Shapiro looks like 1 of those Butch Lesbians. You'll never be one of the cocaine cowboys dumbass.