ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jeff Chadiha Interviewed on 810 this morning -Interesting bits about Cassel and OC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255513)

DeezNutz 01-27-2012 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 8330348)
Well I was there and I saw what you did
I saw it with my own two eyes
So you can wipe off that grin
Know where you've been
It's all been a pack of lies

(drum beat, drum beat, drum beat)

I can seeee it, wobble in the air toonniiiight...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_3FFmuuuSqL...att-cassel.jpg

Marcellus 01-27-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8330238)
It was not said. The person who expounded on Haley/Weis after Haley's firing was Charles "Lil Naitch" Robinson of Yahoo. Despite it quickly becoming common belief, including in this thread, Robinson never said that Weis didn't like Cassel.

He even went out of his way to make that clear:

https://twitter.com/#!/CharlesRobinson - Dec 13

And despite all this, people STILL think Robinson said "Weis hated Cassel".

Likewise, Robinson never said a word about Haley having any kind of particular fondness for Cassel, but people still act like he did.

Hold on just a minute pal! Are you trying to tell me that CP takes small snipits of information and twists them to fit their own beliefs then use that twisted snipit as undesputable fact that they were correct and everyone else is a moron?

Are you trying to say that the good poster here on CP don't actually know what is really going on behind closed doors at 1 Arrowhead Drive even after all of their diligent tweet reading and internet surfing?

I'm not buying that for a second, not one bit.

htismaqe 01-27-2012 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock (Post 8330238)
It was not said. The person who expounded on Haley/Weis after Haley's firing was Charles "Lil Naitch" Robinson of Yahoo. Despite it quickly becoming common belief, including in this thread, Robinson never said that Weis didn't like Cassel.

He even went out of his way to make that clear:

https://twitter.com/#!/CharlesRobinson - Dec 13

And despite all this, people STILL think Robinson said "Weis hated Cassel".

Likewise, Robinson never said a word about Haley having any kind of particular fondness for Cassel, but people still act like he did.

Who said Weis HATED Cassel? This place is almost EXACTLY opposite of that - any time it gets brought up that 2010 was Cassel's one good year, the instant answer is "Weis".

Charles Robinson said Weis wanted to use Cassel differently than Haley and ultimately gave up and told Haley to take care of it. Haley was thus (reportedly) responsible for the run-first, completely unbalanced offense that gave Matt Cassel his one and only trip to the Pro Bowl.

jspchief 01-27-2012 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8330367)
Charles Robinson said Weis wanted to use Cassel differently than Haley

Wrong.

Weis and Haley were at odds on how to develop Cassel.

It seems like a lot of people interpreted that as Weis said Cassel couldn't cut it, which wasn't the case. There's also an assumption that Weis gave up on Cassel, when in fact all he did was give the development of cassel to Haley. My guess is it had more to do with Haley trying to pull one of his "break him down to build him up" acts like he did on Bowe, and Weis knew that Cassel's vagina bruised too easy for that kind of approach.

None of that means that Weis didn't still have a lot of influence on the offense we ran, and it's success. In fact, everything about that offense suggests plays were being called in a way to least expose cassel. They weren't maximizing Cassel, they were minimizing him.

htismaqe 01-27-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 8330397)
Wrong.

Weis and Haley were at odds on how to develop Cassel.

It seems like a lot of people interpreted that as Weis said Cassel couldn't cut it, which wasn't the case. There's also an assumption that Weis gave up on Cassel, when in fact all he did was give the development of cassel to Haley. My guess is it had more to do with Haley trying to pull one of his "break him down to build him up" acts like he did on Bowe, and Weis knew that Cassel's vagina bruised too easy for that kind of approach.

None of that means that Weis didn't still have a lot of influence on the offense we ran, and it's success. In fact, everything about that offense suggests plays were being called in a way to least expose cassel. They weren't maximizing Cassel, they were minimizing him.

I agree, probably wasn't the the clearest post on my part. It's still early. :)

BigRock 01-27-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 8330367)
Who said Weis HATED Cassel?

Hated him, didn't like him, thought he sucked, wanted nothing to do with him. I'm using these phrases interchangably. And any number of people have been parroting both that and the equally-unsaid "Haley loved Cassel" flipside over the last month and a half.

ComfortablyNumb 02-02-2012 08:18 AM

2/2 Update: Chadiha is on 810 again this morning. He told a story he heard recently about Pioli. Keep in mind that this story occurs after Pioli was already here in KC.

Apparently Pioli was in a meeting room and a tv on in the background was running a story on the Patriots and the 'Patriot Way'. I guess the tv report went on and on about Tom Brady and Bill Belichek. There was no mention of Pioli. Chadiha said he was told that Pioli got so infuriated that he was not mentioned that he got up, grabbed something off the table and threw it at the wall. He yelled 'I helped build that thing!'

So a grown man who is supposed to be leading OUR organization throwing tantrums.... These Chadiha interviews are very insightful, but so depressing.

FAX 02-02-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb (Post 8342815)
2/2 Update: Chadiha is on 810 again this morning. He told a story he heard recently about Pioli. Keep in mind that this story occurs after Pioli was already here in KC.

Apparently Pioli was in a meeting room and a tv on in the background was running a story on the Patriots and the 'Patriot Way'. I guess the tv report went on and on about Tom Brady and Bill Belichek. There was no mention of Pioli. Chadiha said he was told that Pioli got so infuriated that he was not mentioned that he got up, grabbed something off the table and threw it at the wall. He yelled 'I helped build that thing!'

So a grown man who is supposed to be leading OUR organization throwing tantrums.... These Chadiha interviews are very insightful, but so depressing.

That's the same exact thing that Paulie Walnuts would have done.

Coincidence? I leave that for you to decide.

FAX

the Talking Can 02-02-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfortablyNumb (Post 8342815)

yup...and he said no way pioli cuts bait on cassel...

Mr_Tomahawk 02-02-2012 08:28 AM

Not doubting we will start Cassel next season as I would put money on that...but where exactly is this Jeff Chadiha getting this information from?

the Talking Can 02-02-2012 08:37 AM

chadiha killing pioli

claims pioli complained to Todd about coaches taking up two parking spaces, wanted it dealt with asap...

Mr_Tomahawk 02-02-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 8342847)
chadiha killing pioli

claims pioli complained to Todd about coaches taking up two parking spaces, wanted it dealt with asap...

Not doubting it...

...just wondering who his sources are?

FAX 02-02-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk (Post 8342848)
Not doubting it...

...just wondering who his sources are?

Muir, probably.

Muir has rat eyes.

FAX

The Bad Guy 02-02-2012 08:46 AM

Why does Pioli care about parking spaces? Why is the GM of football operations given that much power by huckleberry Clark?

Molitoth 02-02-2012 08:48 AM

I really liked the Pioli hire when it first happened, but I didn't think there was this much douche in the bag.