ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ANyone else still want to TANK the season for a better draft pick? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264136)

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craqhead (Post 8943593)
Same Ol' song and dance. We win just enuff too sniff the playoffs. Blah... Let's just tank a few and get a QBotF

Thanks for crawling out from the gutter to expose yourself like a flaccid vagabond with a horribly malformed penis reeking of alcohol and muttering incoherently.

Goood bye, "sir"

BossChief 09-23-2012 07:18 PM

Let me see...

Short term minor success

Or

Long term major success

Gimme a minute to think about this one...

PRIEST 09-23-2012 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 8943692)
So you're rooting for us to go 1-15....

Awesome!

Welcome to my garbage can with all of the other worthless pieces of trash.

Drama queen

BossChief 09-23-2012 07:20 PM

I'm more of a no limit hold em player

Pawn is obviously a penny slot kinda guy

Pants 09-23-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8942437)
No team ever tanks, so it's dumb for people to ever say it. Really, really dumb.

I think the Colts did last season.

shitgoose 09-23-2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 8942441)
Said this in another thread but I'll put it here as well.

What does a winning season get us?

- RAC as coach for 2 more years
- Cassel as our QB for another 4 years
- Pioli as GM for another 10 years
- And in 3 years, another NE retread (aka Josh McDaniels) as HC with half the remaining staff kept

If this team misses the playoffs Pioli will be forced to make a change at qb. He has to throw somebody under the bus after this season. Cutting Cassel is better for the bottom line than making a change at HC.

There is no other plausible scenario for him if he wants another long term contract.

That being said if they aren't gonna make the playoffs than I would much rather they go 4-12 opposed to 8-8.

O.city 09-23-2012 07:55 PM

Unless cassel wins a playoff game there isn't a way he's the starting qb next year. Fans media etc are at the poit where it doesn't make sense

BWillie 09-23-2012 08:06 PM

People that want to tank for a draft pick, at least until the team is eliminated from playoff contentions can so suck a d*** if all I care. I don't want to hear the negativism. I bet your friends hate you. Chiefs win today, while they are all happy, drinking beer and smiling...you are complaining and whining. Saying how you beat a team that sucks bla bla bla. Everybody just rolls their eyes having to listen to your cynical bullshit. Now, it's different if the team is 3-9 or something, then you can talk about hoping to tank for a draft pick. But early in the season, you people drive me nuts.

Luke Warm 09-23-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 8944003)
People that want to tank for a draft pick, at least until the team is eliminated from playoff contentions can so suck a d*** if all I care. I don't want to hear the negativism. I bet your friends hate you. Chiefs win today, while they are all happy, drinking beer and smiling...you are complaining and whining. Saying how you beat a team that sucks bla bla bla. Everybody just rolls their eyes having to listen to your cynical bullshit. Now, it's different if the team is 3-9 or something, then you can talk about hoping to tank for a draft pick. But early in the season, you people drive me nuts.

A true fan. Kudos, sir.

DaneMcCloud 09-23-2012 09:30 PM

The players aren't going to quit, the GM isn't going to quit and the coaches aren't going to quit, so the idea of "tanking" is just ****ing stupid.

Furthermore, who gives a shit about draft position? It's been proven time again that it's not where you pick, it's who you pick. If the Chiefs pick 20th in the 2013 draft, there is nothing whatsoever that precludes them from giving up draft choices in order to move up and take a QB.

This team is a legitimate QB away from a deep trip into the playoffs. I don't give a shit how they obtain a Franchise QB, just ****ing DO IT already. Trade the farm. I don't give a ****.

Plus, there are free agents and plenty of college free agents to fill out the bottom of the roster, which is pretty much where the Chiefs are at, outside of QB (and Belcher and as much as he's average at best, it's just not that big of a weakness).

Obtain a real QB and the Chiefs will get a 4 year pass.

Black Bob 09-23-2012 09:33 PM

Good post Dane.

-King- 09-23-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8944418)
The players aren't going to quit, the GM isn't going to quit and the coaches aren't going to quit, so the idea of "tanking" is just ****ing stupid.

Furthermore, who gives a shit about draft position? It's been proven time again that it's not where you pick, it's who you pick. If the Chiefs pick 20th in the 2013 draft, there is nothing whatsoever that precludes them from giving up draft choices in order to move up and take a QB.

This team is a legitimate QB away from a deep trip into the playoffs. I don't give a shit how they obtain a Franchise QB, just ****ing DO IT already. Trade the farm. I don't give a ****.

Plus, there are free agents and plenty of college free agents to fill out the bottom of the roster, which is pretty much where the Chiefs are at, outside of QB (and Belcher and as much as he's average at best, it's just not that big of a weakness).

:clap::clap::clap:

Ming the Merciless 09-23-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8944418)

:clap:

Let's even look at today's game versus the first 2 (losses). In the first 2 games, everything was horrible...all aspects..The fact the the defense was playing SO poorly, as well as special teams masked , at least to a degree the QB issue....

Now look at game 3, (a win) ...Cassel stands out as the weak spot, (aside from a rough start by the pass-rush / defense)....But as soon as the D started stepping it up....and the run game was busting out...and the special teams was solid...hey guess what.....1).WE WON 2) the problems are fewer and easier to spot....

So I reject fully the 30+ idiots' utterly stupid idea that the best/only way improve this TEAM is by LOSING.

It is ridiculous and insane.

T-post Tom 09-23-2012 09:37 PM

I don't want to see them tank, as a good QB can be drafted w/o tanking. I WOULD like to see Casshole benched for ANYONE. Quinn, Stanzi, old Trent Green, ancient Joe Montana, anyone traded for by week 6, all wildcat w/ Jamaal Charles, Adam Sandler, Reese Witherspoon....

Easy 6 09-23-2012 09:38 PM

Fu. uuuk. tanking anything, anytime... there are other ways to acquire the future like trading up in the draft, or a bold move in free agency.