ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Today 12/27 Mel Kiper says....... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268084)

Chiefaholic 12-27-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244659)
Which is just more bullshit.

Geno is the right decision for this franchise and it's not even close. I ****ing hate how I see this "Matt Cassel was the right decision at the time for this franchise" bullshit all over this forum, but if some Geno fans will be forced to say that about a #1 overall pick, it's going to be this embarrassing come-to-Jesus moment, where we'll need to be publicly shamed for the rest of our Chiefs Planet posting careers.

If Matt Cassel could have been the right decision at the time (he wasn't, but that's not the point) then there should be ZERO crow to be eaten about Geno in the unlikely instance that he doesn't work out as an NFL QB.

This franchises biggest need by a LARGE margin is QB. If Geno turns out to be a bust, then so be it. We'll never be worth a **** till we get a franchise QB and those guys are seldom available in FA. Draft a QB high, then again in the mid rounds. At this point we don't even have a guy who'd be considered a reasonable back-up

Mr_Tomahawk 12-27-2012 08:10 PM

Doesn't matter.

Polian is going to draft Barkley.

FML.

Spott 12-27-2012 08:10 PM

**** Mel Kiper and his stupid wig. If he was such a NFL guru, I'm sure he would have been offered a job by an NFL team by now.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9244660)
I've been watching a bit more Wilson. Like him, but it's Geno easily for me.

It's draw-droppingly reeruned what Kiper and a host of other empty-headed wet farts are saying about this QB class.

I see TWO potentially top-tier starting NFL QBs in this class (Smith and Wilson). There are at least 5 guys who will find starting QB jobs within the first two years.

This is a very good QB class. It will be the last very good QB class we will see for a long time.

AussieChiefsFan 12-27-2012 08:19 PM

http://i.imgur.com/PvyJs.png

Pasta Little Brioni 12-27-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244710)
It's draw-droppingly reeruned what Kiper and a host of other empty-headed wet farts are saying about this QB class.

I see TWO potentially top-tier starting NFL QBs in this class (Smith and Wilson). There are at least 5 guys who will find starting QB jobs within the first two years.

This is a very good QB class. It will be the last very good QB class we will see for a long time.

I hear ya man. It's not Kiper that annoys me, it's the morons that take his word as gospel. But, but, but Mel says TEO!!!!!!!!!

hometeam 12-27-2012 08:26 PM

http://batcave841.files.wordpress.co...iper.jpg?w=630

Mr. Laz 12-27-2012 08:26 PM

by the time the draft comes around Kiper and Shay with both have Geno Smith in the top 10, probably the top 5.

no need to sweat it

I imagine Geno Smith is going to wow them in the workouts and interviews.

his 40 time will probably suck but that is not really a bad thing tbh ... maybe he won't even run.

Frankie 12-27-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9243926)
Kiper is a nothing these days. He may have started the draft analysis game, but he's just completely marginalized now.

Kiper didn't. Joel Buchsbaum did.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9244211)
Russell Wilson's leadership does more than help them win. He went to Wisconsin and called a team meeting and said "I'm here to win and **** you if you don't want to follow my lead". And then what did he do? He did the same thing in Seattle. He's a 5'11" midget who towers over everybody in the locker room because of his leadership. They follow him and believe in him.

That's the difference between Russell Wilson and clowns like Matt Stafford and Jay Cutler. I don't give a **** if they can throw the ball a mile or if they are built like an ox.

I'll take a QB who has good but not great physical attributes with incredible intangibles over a QB who has incredible physical attributes and questionable intangles any day.

This. Absolutely.

Priest31kc 12-27-2012 08:33 PM

Kiper & Casserly = ****ing morons

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244659)
Which is just more bullshit.

Geno is the right decision for this franchise and it's not even close. I ****ing hate how I see this "Matt Cassel was the right decision at the time for this franchise" bullshit all over this forum, but if some Geno fans will be forced to say that about a #1 overall pick, it's going to be this embarrassing come-to-Jesus moment, where we'll need to be publicly shamed for the rest of our Chiefs Planet posting careers.

If Matt Cassel could have been the right decision at the time (he wasn't, but that's not the point) then there should be ZERO crow to be eaten about Geno in the unlikely instance that he doesn't work out as an NFL QB.

Yeah. Again, no crow to be eaten about the pick itself. Just about Geno's abilities, should he not pan out.

"Geno looks like the best QB in this draft and the Chiefs need to take him #1 because it's about ****ing time they at least try to draft and develop a 1st round QB" - totally fine no matter what happens

"Geno will be just as good as RGIII" - potentially cringeworthy if he ends up more like Jamarcus Russell or Matt Leinart

That's alls I'm sayin'.

RealSNR 12-27-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9244779)
Yeah. Again, no crow to be eaten about the pick itself. Just about Geno's abilities, should he not pan out.

"Geno looks like the best QB in this draft and the Chiefs need to take him #1 because it's about ****ing time they at least try to draft and develop a 1st round QB" - totally fine no matter what happens

"Geno will be just as good as RGIII" - potentially cringeworthy if he ends up more like Jamarcus Russell or Matt Leinart

That's alls I'm sayin'.

As much shit as I get from people like Chiefnj2 about Geno possessing the pocket presence/awareness of Andrew Luck, I'm not wholly wrong about that. With something like that, there's just a difference of opinion.

However much somebody might be overoptimistic about Geno compared to RGIII or Luck, there's just as much underselling of Geno Smith's abilities by people like Chiefnj2, all because they're obsessed with this oversimplified vision of what a real QB should be (the Luck/RGIII archetype).

If there are cringe-worthy statements being made now in the face of Geno's possible struggles at the pro level, there should be just as many cringe-worthy statements that are overly cautious of Geno Smith's real success that he could have in the pros.

And when Geno is winning playoff games with the Chiefs, I will be teabagging those posters in the ****ing face with my giant, hairy ballsack.

Thig Lyfe 12-27-2012 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244790)
And when Geno is winning playoff games with the Chiefs, I will be teabagging those posters in the ****ing face with my giant, hairy ballsack.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...-happy-men.gif

keg in kc 12-27-2012 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9244790)
If there are cringe-worthy statements being made now in the face of Geno's possible struggles at the pro level, there should be just as many cringe-worthy statements that are overly cautious of Geno Smith's real success that he could have in the pros.

And if he does struggle? So what? How is that any worse than the potential for struggle of any other draft pick at any other position in the NFL? It's an absolutely nonsensical idea that it's a greater risk taking a quarterback. And you want to say Geno Smith isn't Luck? That's fine. You know what? There isn't a Calvin Johnson or Orlando Pace or Ndamukong Suh in this draft either. Because if you want to set the bar with a generational talent at QB, then we gotta set the bar the same for anybody else. And in that light, every pick we could feasibly make this year is going to be a risk. There are no "sure things" in this draft. So there's absolutely no justification for not taking a quarterback. Other than sheer cowardice, or the kind of narrow-minded draft philosophy that's kept this franchise from drafting one for 30 years.

And, to me, it's a bigger risk, and a bigger mistake, to not take one. The idea should be to take the best player who has the potential to make the greatest impact. And to me, that's an absolute no-brainer. No position in all of sports is more important than the quarterback, and no player at that position has impressed me more than Geno Smith (who I've had an eye on for 3 years...). And we may (if we don't **** it up...) have an opportunity we've never had before, and may never have again, with the #1 pick. That's the stars aligning, and to even allow the thought of drafting anything other than a quarterback with that pick just boggles the mind. Have people not seen enough Grbacs and Huards and Cassels and Quinns and Thigpens and Palkos and jesus ****ing christ why is this even a question?

RealSNR 12-27-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9244828)
And if he does struggle? So what? How is that any worse than the potential for struggle of any other draft pick at any other position in the NFL? It's an absolutely nonsensical idea that it's a greater risk taking a quarterback. And you want to say Geno Smith isn't Luck? That's fine. You know what? There isn't a Calvin Johnson or Orlando Pace or Ndamukong Suh in this draft either. Because if you want to set the bar with a generational talent at QB, then we gotta set the bar the same for anybody else. And in that light, every pick we could feasibly make this year is going to be a risk. There are no "sure things" in this draft. So there's absolutely no justification for not taking a quarterback. Other than sheer cowardice, or the kind of narrow-minded draft philosophy that's kept this franchise from drafting one for 30 years.

And, to me, it's a bigger risk, and a bigger mistake, to not take one. The idea should be to take the best player who has the potential to make the greatest impact. And to me, that's an absolute no-brainer. No position in all of sports is more important than the quarterback, and no player at that position has impressed me more than Geno Smith (who I've had an eye on for 3 years...). And we may (if we don't **** it up...) have an opportunity we've never had before, and may never have again, with the #1 pick. That's the stars aligning, and to even allow the thought of drafting anything other than a quarterback with that pick just boggles the mind. Have people not seen enough Grbacs and Huards and Cassels and Quinns and Thigpens and Palkos and jesus ****ing christ why is this even a question?

Okay. **** the Geno photoshop.

E-mail THIS to Clark. Or mail it to him.

I think somebody needs to pose as Jimmy the 5-year old Chief fan whose only desire in the world right now other than for mommy's boyfriend to stop hitting him when he comes home from the bar is for the Chiefs to draft Geno Smith.

Somebody should copy keg's post using a crayon so Clark clearly gets the message about why it's a good idea. We'll appeal to his logos AND pathos