ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Top DC Candidate (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268579)

O.city 01-07-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9293365)
Some of them think Cassel could be Trent Green 2.0.

You're being overly quiet on the Freeman front. Wanna trade for him?

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9293364)
No, it won't be pretty.

Buts is not correct to think he has to be that type of prospect to be a successful franchise QB.

Then what is the definition of a Franchise QB?

O.city 01-07-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293375)

So an Andrew Luck type prospect is your only definition of a franchise QB? He has to be a once in a generation type prospect to be considered a potential franchise QB?

Molitoth 01-07-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293375)

IMO it's a QB that has proven to be good enough to build your franchise around. Though I'm not a big fan of the term "franchise".

DaneMcCloud 01-07-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9293381)
So an Andrew Luck type prospect is your only definition of a franchise QB? He has to be a once in a generation type prospect to be considered a potential franchise QB?

Whoa. There's a difference between a Franchise QB and a "potential" Franchise QB.

If you're choosing a QB #1 overall, you'd better be damn certain he's a franchise QB, or heads will roll.

O.city 01-07-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293398)
Whoa. There's a difference between a Franchise QB and a "potential" Franchise QB.

If you're choosing a QB #1 overall, you'd better be damn certain he's a franchise QB, or heads will roll.

Well, according to scouts and the intrawebs, there have only been 2 or 3 certain franchise QB's in the draft.

You evaluate, take the guy you like best, build around him and see what happens.

Then you hope and pray.

htismaqe 01-07-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293356)
No, it's the suggetion that NFL fandom includes "smart people".

Well yeah, there's that. :D

htismaqe 01-07-2013 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9293359)
No one said he "has to be Luck".

But it's foolish to think that any QB taken in the near future won't be compared to Luck. And it won't be pretty.

Actually, LOTS of people have said that.

Just about every "against" post here, every Mel Kiper or Todd McShay scouting report, every draft segment on NFLN starts with "well, he's no Andrew Luck".

It isn't just the fanbase. ESPN and NFLN are full of the same idiots.

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

"oh noes, it risky"

nothing is certain...for the love of god people...

what great hex will descend upon us if we dare to draft a QB #1 and he isn't John Montana Elway Brady the 3rd?

i can't believe people still think this way after 30 god damn years of absolute ****ing bullshit at the QB position...

KC kid 01-07-2013 06:42 PM

We all want a "franchise quarterback" so bad it hurts. I know I do. However, if the best talent evaluators in the game determine that no quarterback is worth the risk at one and a stud is available at another premier position that you need, you have to trust their evaluation and deal with it. Now, if this was Scott Pioli or Carl Peterson making the pick, you have every right to jump and scream and talk about aids trees and shit. This is a new dawn, a new day though. I am on board until this regime proves otherwise.

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

I think now a days with the structure of the slotting system for draft picks, it allows to get away from a mistake in the top 10 easier

KC kid 01-07-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtchiefs4life (Post 9293442)
I think now a days with the structure of the slotting system for draft picks, it allows to get away from a mistake in the top 10 easier

You're right, it does, but you can't just waste the number one pick on a long shot.

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9293436)
We all want a "franchise quarterback" so bad it hurts. I know I do. However, if the best talent evaluators in the game determine that no quarterback is worth the risk at one and a stud is available at another premier position that you need, you have to trust their evaluation and deal with it. Now, if this was Scott 'Team-killer' 'Team-killer' Pioli or Carl Peterson making the pick, you have every right to jump and scream and talk about aids trees and shit. This is a new dawn, a new day though. I am on board until this regime proves otherwise.

"worth the risk"

but there's no risk in drafting another ****ing LB when you have the worst collection of QB in the league?

sorry, their job is to identify the best QB in this draft AND DRAFT HIM

period

after 30 years, it is time to AT LEAST TRY ONCE

the Talking Can 01-07-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9293448)
You're right, it does, but you can't just waste the number one pick on a long shot.

so risky....oh no

Mother****erJones 01-07-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC kid (Post 9293448)

But with a guy like Reid and no clear cut no 1 player anywhere, and if you cant trade out then we need the most value at no 1 and thats QB