ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Alex Smith to ask for release (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269401)

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359633)
I'm just tired of other teams trash at QB.

Draft a guy at 1 and lets ****ing do this.

He's far from trash.

I wouldn't mind one bit if the Chiefs signed Smith, Reggie Bush and Jarius Byrd, then drafted a CB, QB, ILB, QB and DE depth.

I know that's not the "CP Party line", but whatever. They'd compete for a playoff spot and groom a QB, much like San Fran.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9359641)
Alex Smith is the poster child of why the Chiefs haven't won a SB in over 40 years. You can't continue to look for that guy who didn't meet his potential somewhere else, or think that somebody else's castoff is going to be our gold. You can talk all you want about there not being a franchise QB in this draft. If we get Alex Smith he will make us just good enough so that next time there is a franchise QB available, we won't be in position to take him.

Bullshit

O.city 01-28-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9359642)
He's far from trash.

I wouldn't mind one bit if the Chiefs signed Smith, Reggie Bush and Jarius Byrd, then drafted a CB, QB, ILB, QB and DE depth.

I know that's not the "CP Party line", but whatever. They'd compete for a playoff spot and groom a QB, much like San Fran.

Well, he wasn't trash for a year and a half. The other how ever many, he wasn't very good.

And I really don't want to compete for a playoff spot. History is showing that more SB winning QB's come from the first round, so I'd rather get one there and see what happens.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359652)
Well, he wasn't trash for a year and a half. The other how ever many, he wasn't very good.

And I really don't want to compete for a playoff spot. History is showing that more SB winning QB's come from the first round, so I'd rather get one there and see what happens.

Smith was #1 overall and he's young for a guy with eight years experience.

That's a dumb reason, IMO, to dislike the guy.

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9359642)
He's far from trash.

I don't want the fourth-best QB in this draft. Coming away with this, after having 1/1, would be a complete failing.

Easy 6 01-28-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 9359290)
YES to signing Matt Hasselbeck (if the Titans release him) to serve as a 3rd string QB/quasi-assistant coach.

Agreed, and he'd be perfect in a 2-3 game pinch... hell, i was pining for the kind of reasonable competence he brings by mid-season this year.

Two hotshots and a grizzled old vet just in case, i like that math a LOT.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9359659)
I don't want the fourth-best QB in this draft. Coming away with this, after having 1/1, would be a complete failing.

The only issue is that there may not be a nickel's worth of difference between the first guy and the fourth guy.

The Senior Bowl proved what the media has been reporting all year:

This draft class sucks.

O.city 01-28-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9359658)
Smith was #1 overall and he's young for a guy with eight years experience.

That's a dumb reason, IMO, to dislike the guy.

Yeah, it probably is. I just think we've seen his ceiling and I don't think you can win a SB with that.

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 08:13 PM

For his career, Smith averages 6.6 Y/A and 178 YPG.

Green, in his two years starting before coming to KC, was 7.7 Y/A and about 240ish YPG.

No ****ing thank you on Smith; he's an average to (being generous) slightly above average QB.

DeezNutz 01-28-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9359664)
The only issue is that there may not be a nickel's worth of difference between the first guy and the fourth guy.

This draft class sucks.

Top two guys not there. One by choice and one by injury.

O.city 01-28-2013 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9359664)

This draft class sucks.

I don't think the guys really cared about the game as much as they did the practices.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9359678)
Top two guys not there. One by choice and one by injury.

But even so, there's no consensus on the best QB.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359680)
I don't think the guys really cared about the game as much as they did the practices.

That is pure speculation.

O.city 01-28-2013 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9359693)
But even so, there's no consensus on the best QB.

Actually, after the SR bowl, I think there is.

DaneMcCloud 01-28-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9359697)
Actually, after the SR bowl, I think there is.

Really? Link me, please.