ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs PFT take on Albert and his twitter account (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270849)

The Bad Guy 04-15-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9587866)
Or they aren't "actively" shopping him.

They most certainly are.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-15-2013 09:53 AM

Albert will not be traded. And Cockmon is and idiot.
Posted via Mobile Device

-King- 04-15-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9587783)
40 ****ing sacks given up last year and Albert gave up one. You need PEDs of the lawnmowerman variety.

5 of those sacks were allowed by Stephenson after Albert left.

And the Browns allowed 36 sacks even though Joe Thomas only alllowed 4. Guess he sucks too using your idiotic logic.

Btw, what was your name before this?
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 04-15-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9587870)
They most certainly are.

Well then jack shit is being released. I figured there would be at least some teams being talked about.

Rausch 04-15-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9587859)
I think all of this equals the Chiefs telling Albert to play on the tag for one year like Bowe did, and if his play is worth it, he's going to get paid NEXT year. That way they can answer without a doubt if it would be wise to invest big money in him becasue of his back issues.

He's banking huge this year.

Stay healthy, play up to your ability, continue to be a team player and you're locked up.

Dorsey want's the ???'s that come with this to keep his trade down options open.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we trade down in the draft and see Albert signed long term shortly after...

Ace Gunner 04-15-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9587866)
Or they aren't "actively" shopping him.

ya. because some poster on cp says so

meanwhile in the real world of pro football Albert has acted out a child and there are several reports the Chiefs are to trade Albert

WV 04-15-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9587863)
yet here we are -- watching a real pro team attempting to trade him

and can't even get a 2nd round for him

pop

No one outside of the Chiefs FO truly knows what they are trying or not trying to do.

I suppose the chance that they could have been offered a later 2nd rounder and they turned it down is out of the realm of possibility too right? Perhaps their value on him is slightly more than you are giving them credit.

Anything is possible...after all we were stupid enough to give up the 34th overall plus a conditional pick for Average Smith.

Rausch 04-15-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9587868)

We played the same game with Gonzo for 3 years. He wanted out as soon as he got his deal...

-King- 04-15-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9587869)
I think taking things like sacks allowed and then equating them to being the end all, be all measuring stick for ranking tackles is very, very short sighted.

Ok, what should we use? Cause Albert passes both the eye test and the stats test.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise 04-15-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buzz_TinBalls (Post 9587880)
ya. because some poster on cp says so

meanwhile in the real world of pro football Albert has acted out a child and there are several reports the Chiefs are to trade Albert

By "actively"....I mean calling other teams about him. They are obviously fielding offers.

If he's going to get traded....it will be after the top 3 tackles go off the board.

Rausch 04-15-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9587885)

If he's going to get traded....it will be after the top 3 tackles go off the board.

That would make no sense...

The Franchise 04-15-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9587887)
That would make no sense...

What? Trading him after the top 3 tackles go off the board? Why?

If we take a LT at 1.1.....then Albert is obviously on the trading block. There are other teams out there that don't have a LT and won't have a shot at either of the top 3. San Diego, Miami, New Orleans....etc.

B14ckmon 04-15-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 9587854)
You don't Tag a player betting on being able to trade him. It's simple...they perhaps "hope" to trade him, but saying he isn't worth keeping at LT is asinine.

...? Tagging a player is exactly what you do if you want to trade him. He would have been a FA otherwise. If they wanted to keep him they would have just resigned him.

Bowser 04-15-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9587894)
...? Tagging a player is exactly what you do if you want to trade him. He would have been a FA otherwise. If they wanted to keep him they would have just resigned him.

How did trading Bowe last year work out for the Chiefs?

The Bad Guy 04-15-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 9587884)
Ok, what should we use? Cause Albert passes both the eye test and the stats test.
Posted via Mobile Device

Quarterback hurries, run blocking. If the RT you're playing on the opposite end of is a sieve, the LT's numbers are going to be skewed.

I'm not saying Albert doesn't pass an eye test, I'm saying that I can't use strictly sacks to evaluate them.