ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Robert Redford In Talks To Star In ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271396)

Setsuna 04-09-2014 10:50 PM

This movie rocked! Great plot development and character development.
Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 04:23 AM

Answer:
Spoiler!

beach tribe 04-10-2014 06:16 AM

Fn Bravo!

Unlike the other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "The Winter Soldier" minimizes the use of visual effects as much as possible. Anthony Mackie, elaborated: "The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form...If they could build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

Gravedigger 04-10-2014 06:40 AM

I loved it but I did have some small quips with it.

Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 04-10-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 10552678)
Fn Bravo!

Unlike the other films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, "The Winter Soldier" minimizes the use of visual effects as much as possible. Anthony Mackie, elaborated: "The Russos, what they did that was so great was, they wanted to stay with live action, which is a dying art form...If they could build it, they built it. If we could do it, we did it. They wanted to do as little CGI as possible. That's why the movie looks so great."

THIS. LIVE ACTION STUNTS.

JD10367 04-10-2014 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10548983)
I did matinee Saturday. It still cost $36 for two tickets to IMAX 3D.

Do you get head with that? Our IMAX 3D matinee is $14 each.

Gravedigger 04-10-2014 02:14 PM

Yeah go to the regular weeknight show, we paid 7.50 for each of our tickets.

Setsuna 04-10-2014 05:16 PM

"On your left..." :deevee:
Thanks Aries! I knew that was his name but I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't wanna look like a punk. But them being his children aren't canon?

Tribal Warfare 04-10-2014 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 10554164)
"On your left..." :deevee:

[politically sensitive comment] What, white guys can't run fast too? [/politically sensitive comment]

:D

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 05:26 PM

Oh no, it's definitely canon in the comics. It's a central issue in the comics. In the Marvel studios movies, though, it can't be, because Magneto - along with the rest of the X-Men - is licensed to Fox.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are, through a loophole in the licensing, allowed to be in both Fox's X-Men series (due to them being mutants) and Marvel's Avengers series (due to them being long-time Avengers). Fox is, so far, passing on Scarlet Witch, but weirdly enough, a different interpretation of Quicksilver is going to be in the upcoming X-Men movie.

Sigh. Such is the world of comic book movies.

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 05:31 PM

As for Scarlett being in this movie, she's very popular right now, so I can see why they featured her so prominently. Also, Black Widow was very much needed, not only so (and here I go into spoilerland) . . .

Spoiler!

Aries Walker 04-10-2014 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douche Baggins (Post 10552959)
THIS. LIVE ACTION STUNTS.

James Bond always had a tradition of live-action stunts, until Die Another Day. Remember how well received that movie was? :doh!:

Oh, also: The remake of Gone in Sixty Seconds. Gah.

Setsuna 04-11-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10554188)
Oh no, it's definitely canon in the comics. It's a central issue in the comics. In the Marvel studios movies, though, it can't be, because Magneto - along with the rest of the X-Men - is licensed to Fox.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are, through a loophole in the licensing, allowed to be in both Fox's X-Men series (due to them being mutants) and Marvel's Avengers series (due to them being long-time Avengers). Fox is, so far, passing on Scarlet Witch, but weirdly enough, a different interpretation of Quicksilver is going to be in the upcoming X-Men movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10554197)
As for Scarlett being in this movie, she's very popular right now, so I can see why they featured her so prominently. Also, Black Widow was very much needed, not only so (and here I go into spoilerland) . . .

Spoiler!

Dang well that's bs. I thought X-Men was Marvel? How can they split up certain sections to different companies? That's foolish. And yeah I had no gripes about Black Widow being in the movie. She did provide the other side of the coin to Captain essentially. Thanks for expert knowledge on this stuff!

Deberg_1990 04-11-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aries Walker (Post 10554188)

Yea, Marvel Studios can't use the word "mutant" in any of their movies apparently.

keg in kc 04-11-2014 09:27 AM

Here's your Fox version of Quicksilver...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gHGtWToCxQo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah.