ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Money How does one get credit? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271699)

lewdog 09-18-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10926872)
Me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I charged that brake job I talked to you about the other day too.

WINNING = ME

SAUTO 09-18-2014 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10926807)
Sounds like a personal problem brah. I would hope they'd be ok with paying that fee since I spent 5k with them. **** 'em if they don't!

True, wonder what their profit margins are on that product?

But I can understand where you are coming from. I wouldn't care either if it wasn't coming out of my pocket when I'm in that situation. Hell if someone told me after putting an engine I made about 1200 bucks on buying and installing that if I would knock off 50bucks if they didn't use a cardi would do it every time.

I would gladly pay whatever perks they would be getting off that transaction because they are hitting the point of sale for at least 3x that.

And like I said nothing against you lew, just bitter lol. But reading that has probably helped make up my mind to just charge the 3% add for using the card to every transaction.

So actually thanks, this thread just saved me money
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO 09-18-2014 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10926878)
I charged that brake job I talked to you about the other day too.

WINNING = ME

LMAO.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaFace 09-18-2014 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 10926524)
Sorry to shit on your 50 bucks but it probably cost the person taking your card 150 or more in fees.
Posted via Mobile Device

I intentionally avoid places that don't take credit cards - I hardly ever deal in cash. Sorry, it's the way it is.

vailpass 09-18-2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 10927165)
I intentionally avoid places that don't take credit cards - I hardly ever deal in cash. Sorry, it's the way it is.

This. Have all my bills hooked up to it. If I need to pay someone cash I use the Square.

ThaVirus 09-18-2014 10:56 PM

How does one get credit?

I pay cash for anything that isn't a monthly bill. I walk out of work with cash every shift though so it's convenient for me.

Idk if I'd ever carry around cash if I only made money off of paychecks.

DMAC 09-18-2014 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 10927480)
I pay cash for anything that isn't a monthly bill. I walk out of work with cash every shift though so it's convenient for me.

Idk if I'd ever carry around cash if I only made money off of paychecks.

Ahhhhh, the stripper life.

Simply Red 09-18-2014 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 10926303)
Reighters you need to spend a bit of dough going to a game and supporting your team

Yes he sure does bud. He sure does!

Pasta Little Brioni 09-19-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 10927513)
Yes he sure does bud. He sure does!

Let's support him in this endeavor. A list of supplies he needs sure would be nice!

EyePod 09-19-2014 08:20 AM

Why do you need credit? You have a paid off house and can live off <$30k easy. Retire early and screw credit. You can always open a HELOC if you needed cash in an emergency.

http://mrmoneymustache.com

PM me if you have any other questions.

ChiTown 09-19-2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 10927832)
Why do you need credit? You have a paid off house and can live off <$30k easy. Retire early and screw credit. You can always open a HELOC if you needed cash in an emergency.

:spock:

loochy 09-19-2014 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EyePod (Post 10927832)

or you can build your credit score easily with no cost to you....

Sweet Daddy Hate 09-19-2014 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 9549847)
Yall know the story about me... I am going to be a bit vague here..

#1 100% Debt Free
#2 Low 6 figure savings
#3 Mid 6 Figure retirement (401k)
#4 No Credit Card debt
#5 DTI (Debt to income ratio =0)
#Paid 30 yr mortgage off in 5.5 years
#Bought car on 4 year financing in 2005 paid off in 2 years
#Bought Car with 4 year financing in 2002 also paid off in 2 years
# Have 1 bank credit card (Visa) Pay off in full every month
Income per year is High 5 figures to low 6 figures per year

No bankruptcies or late payments ever on any thing I ever bought since the early 90's.

I am not interested in buying anything or looking to buy anything but why is my credit score in the mid 600's and how do I get it to go up?

I am fully prepared for a bunch of stupid comments that I am just going to filter through to get to the legitimate ones so fire away... I know there are a bunch of people on this forum that make good money and are pretty smart except for their choice in a football team so give me some pointers.

Being Debt free is wonderful but if I ever choose to go buy someting like a stupid cell phone on a contract (which I haven't) I am going to be super pissed having that kind of coin and getting turned down...

Fire away

I had no idea a Raider fan such as yourself could even exist...:)

Kidd Lex 09-19-2014 11:59 AM

My base is just under $200k with some bonus potential.

My debt consists of wives daily driver which is 18 months from payoff, but at 0% why pay early? I also owe about $200K on my house that has a 30 year mortgage at 3%, and has about $100K of equity.

Credit rating is around 800, I use my Chase to buy everything and reap the rewards at the end of the year in cash back, but I guarantee the wife and I spend money we wouldn't otherwise if cash based. I pay it off in full; every month without fail.

My question to the CP gurus is what to do next, pay off the 0% car just to get it over with, start paying off the mortgage, or start heavy investing in IRA's, mutual funds, etc...

My 401K is low six figures, have about $60K in stocks, and $75K in my online checking/money-market account.

I'm mid 30's, so I obviously need to get my retirement rolling, but I am at a total loss what to do next due to my low cost of money borrowed. Start heavy debt elimination, or heavy investing? The money in the bank is just losing value, although inflation is non-existent and the feds are taking steps to avoid deflation I hear.

Stewie 09-19-2014 12:06 PM

My credit score is available through my CC company. I score 849 out of 850. What the hell? Did I put a stamp upside down on an envelope? How do you have a perfect score minus one point? I can look at my history and everything is perfect.