ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 2013 NFL Sunday Ticket + Alternatives (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274177)

lewdog 07-13-2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10745050)
The only thing good about DTV is NFLST...

When they leave I am gone the next day

Yup that's the only reason for me too. When that changes, I'm out. I'll even pay the cancellation fee to do it.

bigjosh 07-13-2014 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&48ers (Post 10745050)
The only thing good about DTV is NFLST...

When they leave I am gone the next day

Yeah that is the only thing that made me switch. I live in rhode island so the only damn games we get is patriots, broncos, giants, or jets. Ive done most of my football watching on the laptop the last few years.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-13-2014 06:04 PM

Dang...I must be lucky as F.

Why Not? 07-13-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 10745133)
Yup that's the only reason for me too. When that changes, I'm out. I'll even pay the cancellation fee to do it.

Count me amongst your numbers as well

Mother****erJones 07-13-2014 10:19 PM

Directv is way better than cable and dish.

The Bad Guy 07-13-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10745574)
Directv is way better than cable and dish.

Gap is closing big time.

DirecTV's huge popularity was due to their willingness to go above to keep customers.

If Sunday Ticket leaves there ever, it's going to take a big hit.

Mother****erJones 07-13-2014 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 10745575)
Gap is closing big time.

DirecTV's huge popularity was due to their willingness to go above to keep customers.

If Sunday Ticket leaves there ever, it's going to take a big hit.

I just had an awful time with comcast. Dish is meh my brother had it. I've always had good experiences with Directv

Carlota69 07-13-2014 10:33 PM

I have had DTV and NFLT for over 12 years now. The most I've ever paid for it was $100, but usually I pay $60 or it's completely free. The lat 2 years it's been free.

Today I called to get my Ticket handled, and not only did they not give me a deal, but they also were very nonchalant about letting me cancel. I have never had that happen. And I am always nice and polite. But today, it was a no go and they were ready to let me walk even though I am no longer under contract, therefore for termination fees.

So, thankfully for me, I just happened to watch the World Cup in a bar close to my house that just so happens to have a Chiefs fan as a GM. They said they'd be happy to show all the chiefs games, with sound every Sunday for me. Now, I just have to get my Roku situation handled, for intenet TV, and tell DTV to Kiss.My.Ass.

The Bad Guy 07-13-2014 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 10745593)
I have had DTV and NFLT for over 12 years now. The most I've ever paid for it was $100, but usually I pay $60 or it's completely free. The lat 2 years it's been free.

Today I called to get my Ticket handled, and not only did they not give me a deal, but they also were very nonchalant about letting me cancel. I have never had that happen. And I am always nice and polite. But today, it was a no go and they were ready to let me walk even though I am no longer under contract, therefore for termination fees.

So, thankfully for me, I just happened to watch the World Cup in a bar close to my house that just so happens to have a Chiefs fan as a GM. They said they'd be happy to show all the chiefs games, with sound every Sunday for me. Now, I just have to get my Roku situation handled, for intenet TV, and tell DTV to Kiss.My.Ass.

Yep. It's amazing how they've done a complete 180.

The last straw for me was telling me I received credits I never got.

hometeam 07-13-2014 10:54 PM

Agreed, last time I called them couldnt get anything out of them but 3 months of free HBO, was gunning for a whole lot more and have always got it in the past.

Why Not? 07-13-2014 11:36 PM

I think someone earlier nailed it. AT&T owns them now and they have more $ than God. Plus I'm sure by now they've figured with the NFL as popular as it is for every person who cancels, 5 sign up. At $240 for the year it seems cheaper than some years past but I can't remember. I normally call and angle for a deal as well but since I just got some stuff from them and based on what y'all are saying, maybe I'll just pay it this year and try for a deal next.

Chiefs Pantalones 07-13-2014 11:48 PM

I've gotten it free every year since I've had it including this year. I don't know why. My mother and father-in-law can't get it for free to save their lives' for some reason and we both have the same programming.

We're moving back to KC in about a year and we'll likely go back to cable though because the only reason I have it is for Chiefs. Although my wife is a Cowboys fan so she might wanna keep it.

Mother****erJones 07-14-2014 05:48 AM

I'm going to call and I'll let y'all know

ILChief 07-14-2014 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Why Not? (Post 10745669)
I think someone earlier nailed it. AT&T owns them now and they have more $ than God. Plus I'm sure by now they've figured with the NFL as popular as it is for every person who cancels, 5 sign up. At $240 for the year it seems cheaper than some years past but I can't remember. I normally call and angle for a deal as well but since I just got some stuff from them and based on what y'all are saying, maybe I'll just pay it this year and try for a deal next.

It had gotten to almost 400 at one point. I'm guessing a bunch of people cancelled and then they cut it to 200. Then 220, now 240...

kcxiv 07-14-2014 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Armadillo Skin (Post 10745110)
Why would the NFL have an exclusive deal with DTV?

NFL only deals in exclusives for everything. Al teams use same jersey brand. All teams use same drink brand , NFL ticket exclusive. Their video games are exclusive. They know the power they have they set the price and it gets done. NFL is greedy as ****