ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs at Jags prediction/discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275786)

Mother****erJones 09-03-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9935091)
I'm really struggling to see how KC loses this game but winning on the road is not exactly a given, even against bad teams.

Flowers should hold is own on Cecil Shorts, we gota contain MJD and make sure their TE doesn't have a big day.

redfan 09-03-2013 10:20 AM

Double-up skillet: Chiefs 28, Jags 14.

Carlota69 09-03-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gochiefs(exceptQB) (Post 9932268)
We surrender at least 150 yards rushing, and lose late in the game.

People blame the defense instead of Alex Smith.

What about our defense shows you we will allow 150 rushing yards??? The were excellent against the rush, outside of one run by Gore this entire pre-season.

Passing? Well, yeah, that might be a different story. But then again, its Gabbert, so I feel good about our chances on Sunday.

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9935159)
What about our defense shows you we will allow 150 rushing yards??? The were excellent against the rush, outside of one run by Gore this entire pre-season.

Passing? Well, yeah, that might be a different story. But then again, its Gabbert, so I feel good about our chances on Sunday.

He lost to the Jags that way on Madden with himself as a created player QB?

saphojunkie 09-03-2013 10:36 AM

We need to not only win, but absolutely dominate. There are two reasons for this:

1. It gives the team confidence in the quarterback and head coach. If I've learned anything over the last four years, it is that once a team stops believing, the effort dies and you draft in the top five.

2. It hypes up the team, getting the fan base excited for the home opener. If Arrowhead believes that this team has truly turned the corner, then it's going to be an amazing atmosphere when Dallas comes to town.

Week 2 is a must-win, which makes week 1 a must-destroy.

If we play Blaine Gabbert and Cecil Shorts "close," it is going to give people serious doubts. Even with a win.

Carlota69 09-03-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9935161)
He lost to the Jags that way on Madden with himself as a created player QB?

Oh, ok...well then I can see why his perception is skewed.

:)

Pasta Little Brioni 09-03-2013 10:40 AM

All that matters in the NFL is getting the W, not style points. Baltimore, Denver, and Indy didn't lose brownie points for barely beating an awful Chief team that didn't have a QB.

Mav 09-03-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9935184)
All that matters in the NFL is getting the W, not style points. Baltimore, Denver, and Indy didn't lose brownie points for barely beating an awful Chief team that didn't have a QB.

EPIC POST!!!!!!

Its the NFL, road games are HARD.

A win is a win. No one should care how it looks. Ideally of course you would like to come out, not turn the ball over, destroy them 45-3.

But in reality, if you win by 10+ on the road, its a dominating game.

tecumseh 09-03-2013 10:48 AM

20-13 Chiefs. Pass rush creates hellish inferno for Gabby, turnovers. Offensively, Chiefs control ball, T.O.P. better. Lots of run , play action. Not pretty but a win.

Mav 09-03-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tecumseh (Post 9935196)
20-13 Chiefs. Pass rush creates hellish inferno for Gabby, turnovers. Offensively, Chiefs control ball, T.O.P. better. Lots of run , play action. Not pretty but a win.

The Chiefs are going to be running the ball most of the second half.

Jamaal Charles should have close to 200 in this game.

Frosty 09-03-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 9935203)
The Chiefs are going to be running the ball most of the second half.

Jamaal Charles should have close to 200 in this game.

If the Chiefs are running the ball most of the second half (I'm assuming it's because they have a big lead), I hope it's Davis doing the running. No point in risking Charles in garbage time.

Personally, I think this game will be uncomfortably close and they may lose due to some fluke play at the end. I'm just not convinced the curse is lifted yet.

blsilks 09-03-2013 11:17 AM

2012 Regular Season: Jax had 30th ranked rushing defense.
2013 Preseason: Jax had 31st ranked rushing defense.

Charles rushes for 376 yards and 4 TDs. Jacksonville is forced to hire Tebow to get butts back in seats.

Mav 09-03-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9935234)
If the Chiefs are running the ball most of the second half (I'm assuming it's because they have a big lead), I hope it's Davis doing the running. No point in risking Charles in garbage time.

Personally, I think this game will be uncomfortably close and they may lose due to some fluke play at the end. I'm just not convinced the curse is lifted yet.

I have zero faith that the jags are going to be able to move the ball. I have absolute faith that the Chiefs defense is going to force Gabbert into turnovers.

O.city 09-03-2013 11:19 AM

Let me preface this with saying, yes, I realize it's a completely new staff etc.

But I feel like I could go back and copy and paste quotes from the week before the Buffalo game year before last and it wouldn't seem out of place.

Mav 09-03-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9935257)
Let me preface this with saying, yes, I realize it's a completely new staff etc.

But I feel like I could go back and copy and paste quotes from the week before the Buffalo game year before last and it wouldn't seem out of place.

Well, understood. And that makes sense. As a guy who wasn't here, but also already knew the Romeo Crennell bend bend bend bend and then break defense, I could of predicted that. Also, seeing Vic Fangio, come in with so many new parts, and turn what was an okay defense into a dominant one, and knowing that the philos are pretty similar from the Rex Ryan and Vic fangio tree, and noticing what they did with the corners, they got bigger, and more aggressive, its a pretty safe bet that the Chiefs defense isn't going to be anything like last years.