ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs **** The Official The Chiefs vs. The Rams Game Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=318948)

TribalElder 11-19-2018 03:52 PM

ESPN is running this story about how great the Rams are for donating to the shooting victims and the fire victims

rough deal

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-19-2018 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 13900895)
Perception is honestly irrelevant. Being part of the "contender" conversation is too.

It's a game against an NFC team. It means almost nothing in the grand scheme of things. The Chargers game is far more important.

That being said, winning is always a good thing, especially for momentum, as you said. I don't think LA has an overwhelming homefield advantage but having an all-star ref crew sure looks stupid to me. I wonder how the calls will go...

I already said as much regarding the game having ZERO bearing on division/playoff implications. As far as the Chargers go, we'll play them soon enough and we'll win that game with minimal fuss, as our division sucks.

The point I'm making is that winning is much more than just a "good thing" in this case. The Pats are team that goes to championships. LOSS. The Rams are a team that is being picked to go to a championship this year. We played a tough schedule to start this season and we did well, but the ONE time we were shoved in to prime time against a team that wins playoff games and championships on a regular basis, we lost. And it feeds the narrative.
And the narrative IS important, and I'll tell you why; look at the way the NFL and it's servant media are handling Green Bay this season. Third in the AFCN. Struggling for a playoff spot if they can even get one. And yet, when a story or sound bite or even a game is being called in the booth, you don't hear disrespect, skepticism, or a host of other negative attributes being thrown around. You hear how Rodgers is the greatest, how he doesn't have weapons, and how a down year doesn't mean anything etc. Basically, the EXACT OPPOSITE of what you would hear if the Chiefs were in the same situation.

We are in a WAR against this bias. We are a small market team that has not won a championship since transistor radios were considered "high tech", nor have we been a consistent competitor in the playoffs throughout all of that time as well. We have HEAP BIG mountain to climb to overcome this if we want to get out of our current long-term status within the league, and maneuver over to the patch of ground where the RESPECTED franchises hold court, win or lose. Those would be the teams that get the calls, get the escalades, and are in a steady rotation for Super Bowl appearances. If you think the Chiefs are going to be some successful "Rebel Outlier"-franchise against this machine that IS the NFL, you are out of your goddamned mind.

The momentum is important to the team. It's important to beat teams that are considered your betters or equals. You win enough of those, and you start to feel especially confident, that you are moving up in skill and ability, and that you can take it to anyone.
We're going to need as much of that as possible headed in to the playoffs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 13900896)
Yeah, the weird thing about this game is not that it has immediate and powerful playoff implications for us. It's no more or less important than other games. However, this game is more important as a psychological win. If (when) we win, it swings the Super Bowl gate wide open, and will usher in a level of confidence that we're the favorite. If something flukey happens, or if the refs call forward progress a few times, then we'll fall back into a pack of contenders hoping that the breaks fall our way.

Precisely. Exactly. :clap:

TribalElder 11-19-2018 03:58 PM

Mahomie looked a bit pissed off walking into the stadium

Kelce probably kept his starter jacket

3rd&Long 11-19-2018 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13901062)
Based on what? The .8 difference in PPG defensively?

Jesus H, we're fans of the same team .....or are we?

wazu 11-19-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 13901073)
ESPN is running this story about how great the Rams are for donating to the shooting victims and the fire victims

rough deal

The Chiefs need to win this one for the citizens and first responders of Los Angeles.

TribalElder 11-19-2018 04:05 PM

I was trying to remember if we beat up the new york team after 9/11

also Sal Pal is there to report for the rams

that guy can **** off

Mile High Mania 11-19-2018 04:08 PM

So, I need a TON of points in fantasy tonight... I'm all for you guys watching KC ride to victory, I just need Hill to snag 6-10 passes for over 100 yards and 2 TDs (non-special teams). It would be great if Butker could throw 10-15 points my way. And, I kinda need Goff/Cooks to go off... thanks to Brees.

I'm hoping for a HIGH scoring affair... :D and sure, KC can win it. I have no desire to see the Rams do much defensively, just let Hill go wild.

FloridaMan88 11-19-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rd&Long (Post 13901057)
My opinion only: The Rams have a more complete team, especially their front line defense.

Aaron Donald is obviously the best player on either defense tonight so that inherently gives the Rams D an advantage compared to the Chiefs D, but overall I wouldn’t say the Rams defense is much better than the Chiefs defense.

The Chiefs linebackers are much better than the Rams linebackers and both teams have struggled defensively against the better teams/opposing QB’s on their respective schedules.

The Franchise 11-19-2018 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13901096)
So, I need a TON of points in fantasy tonight... I'm all for you guys watching KC ride to victory, I just need Hill to snag 6-10 passes for over 100 yards and 2 TDs (non-special teams). It would be great if Butker could throw 10-15 points my way. And, I kinda need Goff/Cooks to go off... thanks to Brees.

I'm hoping for a HIGH scoring affair... :D and sure, KC can win it. I have no desire to see the Rams do much defensively, just let Hill go wild.

I need Mahomes, Hill and Butker to combine for over 120 points tonight.

wazu 11-19-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 13901096)

Okay, we will grant your request, but only because you broke the Chargers.

O.city 11-19-2018 04:17 PM

My last 2 pts didn’t show up so sadly, I got to come home early

**** still 3 hours

Easy 6 11-19-2018 04:19 PM

Have the Chiefs underlined on my weekly schedule, but for the sake of honesty... I have absolutely no clue, no hunch at all about this is gonna play out, which is quite rare for me

Its the old "unstoppable force meets the immovable object" thing, I worry about our defense holding up on the road in a primetime game like this, and I greatly worry about our interior O line

Feeling some legit butterflies already...

In58men 11-19-2018 04:32 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...6545720754.jpg

Let’s goooooooooooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties 11-19-2018 04:35 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsZj5oiVAAEdD6R.jpg

suzzer99 11-19-2018 04:39 PM

I'm trying to figure out how early I can sneak out of work. I just emailed my boss letting her know I'm leaving early. I figure as soon as she replies it's ok I'll bolt out the door.

HURRY UP!