ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Former LAPD officer on rampage in So Cal (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269787)

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397661)
Yeah, they murdered him. :thumb:

Yeah. If they set the house on fire and he died they absolutely did.
Posted via Mobile Device

InChiefsHeaven 02-12-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397667)
:spock:

Just sayin. Be ready for the comparisons.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397674)
That's their ****ing job. Arrest the suspect. Get proof. Get a conviction.
Posted via Mobile Device

You meet deadly force with deadly force.

Stad 02-12-2013 07:03 PM

They're clearing the garage right now.

Strongside 02-12-2013 07:04 PM

BREAKING NEWS: LL COOL J TO PLAY DORNER IN UPCOMING FILM BY TYLER PERRY

http://www.naturalnews.com/images/Ch...LCoolJ-600.jpg

listopencil 02-12-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397679)
It has happened before billay.

Shoot the guy in a gunfight? That happens.

Burning the ****ing house down doesn't
Posted via Mobile Device

Maybe you shouldn't engage in a firefight with one hundred million well armed police personnel while standing next to a propane tank?

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397679)
It has happened before billay.

Shoot the guy in a gunfight? That happens.

Burning the ****ing house down doesn't
Posted via Mobile Device

Would you have a problem if Dorner was shot in the back while fleeing?

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397685)
You meet deadly force with deadly force.

have you got links to cops burning houses down, after saying on live TV "lets burn it down", previously?
Posted via Mobile Device

mcaj22 02-12-2013 07:05 PM

LOL they just cut the cabin owner off after he revealed that theres a basement

lololol

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9397688)
BREAKING NEWS: LL COOL J TO PLAY DORNER IN UPCOMING FILM BY TYLER PERRY

http://www.naturalnews.com/images/Ch...LCoolJ-600.jpg

I'm guessing LL Cool J isn't going anywhere near the LAPD until after this is over. Hell, he should probably wait an extra month just to be safe.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397693)

probably not if he was armed.

In this situation you set up a perimeter and try to wait the guy out.

get negotiators in, starve him out.

You don't burn the house down
Posted via Mobile Device

KC_Connection 02-12-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397674)
That's their ****ing job. Arrest the suspect. Get proof. Get a conviction.
Posted via Mobile Device

So you'd wouldn't care at all about sacrificing a few innocent lives in order to manage that?

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9397689)
Maybe you shouldn't engage in a firefight with one hundred million well armed police personnel while standing next to a propane tank?

Lol.

Dude the cops were saying " lets burn this ****er down, get some gas"

Doubtful it was a propane tank
Posted via Mobile Device

saphojunkie 02-12-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9397662)
Saving tax payers money.

It is a new thing we are going to try out.

And what if we never wrote that manifesto? What if Sgt. Hitasuspect wrote it to set him up?

There are reasons why we don't just kill suspects.

I never saw the guy pull a trigger. All I heard was that two people were shot and this magical, faceless message gets blasted all over the media so there is zero question this guy is a cop killer.

Shit, they could have had the guy tied up there for weeks and planned this entire thing. It's highly unlikely, but it is absolutely not impossible.

Again, no matter what, the guy deserved a trial.

For **** sake, Saddam Hussein got a ****ing trial.

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397693)

Not at all.

Well, at least not if it was actually Dorner instead of a newspaper delivery woman.

For me, he's already plead guilty, so just execute him with minimal collateral damage.

mr. tegu 02-12-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397626)
doesn't that seem wrong?
Posted via Mobile Device

After these types of crazy incidents people always complain about the media giving the suspect too much airtime. Maybe the cops finally learned (the media won't) and don't want to make the guy even more famous by giving him a national platform with cameras to go nuts on and go out in a blaze of glory.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHell (Post 9397682)
Just sayin. Be ready for the comparisons.

There should be no comparisons. Weaver didn't kill a bunch of cops and get in a shootouts all around the state

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9397707)
So you'd wouldn't care at all about sacrificing a few innocent lives in order to manage that?

It's their ****ing job.

I would be sad they lost their lives in the line of duty. Yes.

Again. This isn't how our justice system is supposed to work.
Posted via Mobile Device

Stad 02-12-2013 07:09 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comment...ties/?sort=new

lewdog 02-12-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9397713)
And what if we never wrote that manifesto? What if Sgt. Hitasuspect wrote it to set him up?

I never saw the guy pull a trigger. All I heard was that two people were shot and this magical, faceless message gets blasted all over the media so there is zero question this guy is a cop killer.

Shit, they could have had the guy tied up there for weeks and planned this entire thing. It's highly unlikely, but it is absolutely not impossible.

Woof, your sarcasm meter is turned off buddy!

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9397719)
After these types of crazy incidents people always complain about the media giving the suspect too much airtime. Maybe the cops finally learned (the media won't) and don't want to make the guy even more famous by giving him a national platform with cameras to go nuts on and go out in a blaze of glory.

JFC. He has had tons of airtime already.
Posted via Mobile Device

Brock 02-12-2013 07:11 PM

Only one story to keep straight this way.

saphojunkie 02-12-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9397723)
Woof, your sarcasm meter is turned off buddy!

Sorry, I keep it below my belt, and it can get tricky trying to fiddle with it at work. :thumb:

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9397729)
Only one story to keep straight this way.

Just doesn't seem right to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9397713)

That's because Saddam wasn't a threat when captured. OBL didn't get a trial.

Although at this point I could go either way. I would PREFER a nice easy trial and execution, but at this point I can easily see more lives being lost going that route.

saphojunkie 02-12-2013 07:12 PM

They were never ever ever ever ever going to let this guy get arrested. It was a bodybag for him no matter what.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397694)
have you got links to cops burning houses down, after saying on live TV "lets burn it down", previously?
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't care. As a police officer or military you meet deadly force with deadly force.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:13 PM

CNN is reporting he tried to escape when the fire started and he was pushed back into the house by gunfire

Brock 02-12-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397732)
Just doesn't seem right to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

It isn't right.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397736)
I don't care. As a police officer or military you meet deadly force with deadly force.

How many did he kill while they were lighting it on fire?
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9397734)
They were never ever ever ever ever going to let this guy get arrested. It was a bodybag for him no matter what.

Pretty much.

Brock 02-12-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397736)

Please. They were going to kill this guy no matter what, to the extent of shooting innocent people.

saphojunkie 02-12-2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 9397733)
That's because Saddam wasn't a threat when captured. OBL didn't get a trial.

Although at this point I could go either way. I would PREFER a nice easy trial and execution, but at this point I can easily see more lives being lost going that route.

It's not about what's easy. It's about what's legal. god forbid any of us are ever in a situation where the entire world is convinced of our guilt to where our swift and merciless murder is considered justice.

We don't do this shit to the guilty in order to prevent it happening to the innocent.

I think the guy was guilty as shit, but this is America, Jack. We're supposed to be the ones who do it the right way. The hard way, yeah. the bloody way, sometimes.

But the right way.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397741)
Posted via Mobile Device

He tried to escape right after the fire started which may lead one to believe he set the fire as a diversion

ReynardMuldrake 02-12-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9397707)

Are the cops motivated by saving innocent lives, or saving their own ass?

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9397740)
It isn't right.

at least someone gets what I'm saying here.

He deserved a trial. If he did what they said he did he deserved to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Posted via Mobile Device

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9397743)
Please. They were going to kill this guy no matter what, to the extent of shooting innocent people.

Don't disagree about that. He should have surrendered with media present if he wanted to live.

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:17 PM

So you guys think that if he would have given himself up, say negotiated via Charlie Sheen, they would have executed him as soon as they saw him?

saphojunkie 02-12-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397746)
He tried to escape right after the fire started which may lead one to believe he set the fire as a diversion

Yeah. That's what happened. He set his only protection from certain death on fire.

:shake:

mr. tegu 02-12-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397727)
JFC. He has had tons of airtime already.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah from the media not the cops. When the cops finally had an opportunity to prevent a larger platform for him they did.

saphojunkie 02-12-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397748)
at least someone gets what I'm saying here.

He deserved a trial. If he did what they said he did he deserved to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm with you, too.

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9397744)
It's not about what's easy. It's about what's legal. god forbid any of us are ever in a situation where the entire world is convinced of our guilt to where our swift and merciless murder is considered justice.

We don't do this shit to the guilty in order to prevent it happening to the innocent.

I think the guy was guilty as shit, but this is America, Jack. We're supposed to be the ones who do it the right way. The hard way, yeah. the bloody way, sometimes.

But the right way.

True, but sooner or later the "alleged" criminal needs to take some responsibility and throw down his weapons. He could easily have turned himself in at TV news office in order to guarantee his safety. Instead, he engages in a firefight.

Titty Meat 02-12-2013 07:19 PM

http://i47.tinypic.com/k0lxy.jpg

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397746)

The cops saying to burn the ****er down, then making the media leave them the house burning makes sensible people believe the cops burnt it.

what a coincidence that he would burn it. What a ****ing coincidence.

The homeowner's son said no internet, TV or anything so he couldn't have seen the video
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd 02-12-2013 07:20 PM

The guy killed the daughter of a cop he was pissed at.

I don't really see any reason to buy him one meal in custody.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9397751)
Yeah. That's what happened. He set his only protection from certain death on fire.

:shake:

It wasn't protection it was a death trap. He made a tactical mistake by going in there.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

But the right way.

this.
Posted via Mobile Device

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397750)
So you guys think that if he would have given himself up, say negotiated via Charlie Sheen, they would have executed him as soon as they saw him?

Hell no. A public surrender in front of cameras? Sooner or later, if you want the justice of a jury trial, you have to submit yourself to that justice.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397760)
It wasn't protection it was a death trap. He made a tactical mistake by going in there.

Again, link me to all the times the police has burnt houses down to get suspects
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397758)
The cops saying to burn the ****er down, then making the media leave them the house burning makes sensible people believe the cops burnt it.

The homeowner's son said no internet, TV or anything so he couldn't have seen the video
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, they couldn't have been telling media to gtfo because you know, they were standing in the middle of a gunfire fight....

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397766)
Yeah, they couldn't have been telling media to gtfo because you know, they were standing in the middle of a firefight....

Happens quite often.

Why restrict the airspace?

Was he going to shoot down media helicopters while the officers on the ground were firing on him?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 02-12-2013 07:24 PM

Rumor on reddit is that a sniper got him.

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397771)
Happens quite often.

Why restrict the airspace?

Was he going to shoot down media helicopters while the officers on the ground were firing on him?
Posted via Mobile Device

In case he had access to media.

listopencil 02-12-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397710)
Lol.

Dude the cops were saying " lets burn this ****er down, get some gas"

Doubtful it was a propane tank
Posted via Mobile Device

According to the female newsperson on that video feed, the owner of the cabin mentioned that it holds a propane tank. It's not unusual. It's also been reported that "hundreds of rounds" were exchanged in one 30 minute period. I wouldn't shoot anywhere near a propane tank unless I absolutely had to. Doubtful the tank lasts in that situation unless it's effectively empty.

Sorter 02-12-2013 07:25 PM

Also, can't the PD get some NVGs? How the **** is Dorner going to have the advantage at night if the PD has night vision, CNN? ROFL

mr. tegu 02-12-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397765)
Again, link me to all the times the police has burnt houses down to get suspects
Posted via Mobile Device

Link us to all the times a guy writes a manifesto promising to kill a bunch of people, kills innocents, then goes on a week long run and can only be assumed as someone who will do whatever it takes to survive and kill more people?

Carlota69 02-12-2013 07:26 PM

Anybody have the audio of the cops saying" burn it down"?

Brock 02-12-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9397775)
Also, can't the PD get some NVGs? How the **** is Dorner going to have the advantage at night if the PD has night vision, CNN? ROFL

This. It's freaking ridiculous.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 9397776)
Link us to all the times a guy writes a manifesto promising to kill a bunch of people, kills innocents, then goes on a week long run and can only be assumed as someone who will do whatever it takes to survive and kill more people?

Lol. There have been many people who have killed multiple cops, civilians, etc. that made it to trial.

This is not how our justice system is supposed to work
Posted via Mobile Device

listopencil 02-12-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9397778)
Anybody have the audio of the cops saying" burn it down"?

I think it is earlier in this thread. The YouTube video.

Carlota69 02-12-2013 07:27 PM

:hmmm:
Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397758)

Posted via Mobile Device

I wonder were the audio is. I'd like to hear it.

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397741)
Posted via Mobile Device

He killed someone right before. He deserved to die, in a fire. It will prepare him for the hell in the afterlife he deserves.

He didn't want a trial or he wouldn't have run or said he was going to be killed instead of captured.

You seem so heartless protecting a shithead murder.

Carlota69 02-12-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9397783)
I think it is earlier in this thread. The YouTube video.

I didn't hear it in that video, but maybe in the larger video...I'll go take a listen.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397765)
Posted via Mobile Device

They are talking about it right now on CNN in the past LAPD used tear gas on a wooden structure and it burned down and killed the suspect.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9397774)
According to the female newsperson on that video feed, the owner of the cabin mentioned that it holds a propane tank. It's not unusual. It's also been reported that "hundreds of rounds" were exchanged in one 30 minute period. I wouldn't shoot anywhere near a propane tank unless I absolutely had to. Doubtful the tank lasts in that situation unless it's effectively empty.

Again. The cops said "lets burn this ****er down" "get some gas".

Buy into the propane tank theory if you want. I'm not.

They said exactly what they were going to do.
Posted via Mobile Device

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397781)
Lol. There have been many people who have killed multiple cops, civilians, etc. that made it to trial.

This is not how our justice system is supposed to work
Posted via Mobile Device

And this is not how people are supposed to live. Who gives a shit how this guy goes out, as long as he is dead.

listopencil 02-12-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carlota69 (Post 9397786)
I didn't hear it in that video, but maybe in the larger video...I'll go take a listen.

I'll listen to it again myself. I've seen quite a bit of footage today so I may be mistaken.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9397787)
They are talking about it right now on CNN in the past LAPD used tear gas on a wooden structure and it burned down and killed the suspect.

I'm watching that too.

Was there video of officers saying " get the gas, lets burn this ****er down" in That instance?
Posted via Mobile Device

mlyonsd 02-12-2013 07:29 PM

The guy wanted to die. Mission Accomplished.

lcarus 02-12-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

But the right way.

Stop making excellent points.

dirk digler 02-12-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397792)
I'm watching that too.

Was there video of officers saying " get the gas, lets burn this ****er down" in That instance?
Posted via Mobile Device

Probably because cops are the devils

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoneyBadger (Post 9397790)
And this is not how people are supposed to live. Who gives a shit how this guy goes out, as long as he is dead.

Lol. This is America, innocent until proven guilty. Right to a fair trial.

That didn't happen in this instance
Posted via Mobile Device

lcarus 02-12-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397792)
I'm watching that too.

Posted via Mobile Device

They're saying it was tear gas? Wtf? How could a big house go up in flames THAT fast with anything other than a planned fire?

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

But the right way.

And yet he had days to surrender... He didn't have to run when they pulled him over. He didn't have to kill another police officer before barricading himself. This ending is damn well justified.

KChiefer 02-12-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9397797)

Posted via Mobile Device

You should probably pop into this thread and tell people how the justice system works...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=269960&page=4

HoneyBadger 02-12-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

He just killed someone today. As he was running from them. It doesn't get more guilty than that. Stop protecting him. Would you feel the same if he killed your daughter because you were doing your job?

unlurking 02-12-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

When he puts his ****ing gun down he can argue his innocence.

ghak99 02-12-2013 07:34 PM

I'm not cool with them burning it down either, assuming they lit it.

It was well stated in an above post but, It's pretty third worldish chicken shit tactics if you ask me. This isn't Mexico.

SAUTO 02-12-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefer (Post 9397802)
You should probably pop into this thread and tell people how the justice system works...
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...=269960&page=4

I would have killed that ****er too.

And then planned to spend my life in jail
Posted via Mobile Device

tk13 02-12-2013 07:34 PM

Aside from the whole legal system thing, which is an important argument... I think you have to backtrack ever farther. As far as I can tell, they all act like they haven't even contacted him. So while it's 99% likely it's him, they didn't confirm that, or if he had hostages.

While you'd like to assume the best here and that due diligence was done... given how trigger happy everyone has been in the last week you have to ask those questions.