ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Head Basketball Coach Search**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=283091)

Perineum Ripper 08-21-2014 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10839183)
From Brian Austin at PowerMizzou: 2015 Blue Springs (Mo.) South power forward Kevin Puryear announced on twitter that he has committed to Mizzou. He is the first commitment of the 2015 class.

I just realized that I went to school with Brian Austin..I have had a inside source to all this stuff and didn't even realize it..I will be sending him a message on Facebook and seeing if I can find anything else out

WhawhaWhat 08-22-2014 04:41 PM

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...96118280_o.jpg

Reaper16 08-22-2014 04:45 PM

Is Ryan Rosburg the worst player to ever appear on a major conference team's season poster?

-King- 08-22-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 10839382)
I just realized that I went to school with Brian Austin..I have had a inside source to all this stuff and didn't even realize it..I will be sending him a message on Facebook and seeing if I can find anything else out

And he'll reply, "Who the **** are you and why should I tell you anything?"

Pepe Silvia 08-22-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10841110)
Is Ryan Rosburg the worst player to ever appear on a major conference team's season poster?

YES

Captain Obvious 08-22-2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10839183)
From Brian Austin at PowerMizzou: 2015 Blue Springs (Mo.) South power forward Kevin Puryear announced on twitter that he has committed to Mizzou. He is the first commitment of the 2015 class.

Any info on this guy?

'Hamas' Jenkins 08-22-2014 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16 (Post 10841110)

Including Rosburg as one of the two makes me wonder if the person in charge of the graphics is a virulent racist who has never seen a game of basketball.

Maybe they just love irony.

Perineum Ripper 08-22-2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10841112)
And he'll reply, "Who the **** are you and why should I tell you anything?"

Well since he lived down the road and we went to a school with 300 kids together I'm sure he will remember me

stonedstooge 08-22-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10841320)
Including Rosburg as one of the two makes me wonder if the person in charge of the graphics is a virulent racist who has never seen a game of basketball.

Maybe they just love irony.

Or perhaps trying to increase the Jewish donations for the school?

WhawhaWhat 09-16-2014 07:51 AM

Antonio Blakeney's commitment to Louisville lasted only 11 days.

The five-star guard quickly got a case of cold feet, announcing Monday night that he is backing out of his commitment to Louisville and reopening his recruitment. It's unusual for a top prospect to renege on his initial commitment to a school and still end up signing there, but Blakeney insists the Cardinals remain a strong contender to land him.

"I am still really considering Louisville heavily," Blakeney tweeted. "I like everything about [the] program, coaches and fans!!"

Blakeney's explanation for his decommitment was that he made an impulse decision selecting Louisville before visiting other programs and he wants to be sure it's the right school for him. Jerry Meyer of 247Sports reported that Blakeney was under pressure from folks at Nike to at least look into other schools since the 6-foot-4 shooting guard plays for Nike-affiliated Each One Teach One and Louisville is one of Adidas' flagship schools.

"I don't play up shoe company angle in basketball recruiting but decommitment of Antonio Blakeney from Louisville is shoe company related," Meyer tweeted. "Nike infrastructure [and] those part of [and] affiliated helped Antonio Blakeney get where he is. Considered rash to commit after visiting one school."

It's unclear which schools Blakeney will now visit, but it's a safe bet many of the programs originally involved in his recruitment will resurface as contenders. LSU, Missouri, Kentucky and Oregon — all Nike programs — are expected to be among the schools Blakeney considers.

Whichever school lands Blakeney is getting an explosive scorer ranked 13th in the Rivals.com Class of 2015 ratings. He needs to add strength, but he is quick off the dribble, adept at sinking mid-range jumpers and nearly impossible to guard when his streaky 3-point shot is falling.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-16-2014 08:03 AM

That's ****ed up. Pillory me if you want, but it's not going to upset me if we don't get that guy.

duncan_idaho 09-16-2014 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10919789)
That's ****ed up. Pillory me if you want, but it's not going to upset me if we don't get that guy.

It's apparently a shoe company issue, potentially. Blakeney is a NIKE AAU guy, and Louisville is an addidas school.

He's supposed to be visiting the same weekend as Thomas Bryant (top 40 player, C) and Isaiah Briscoe (5-star PG) and one other top 50 player, I think Caleb Swanigan.

I expect them to get none of those guys. Best odds are probably with Bryant, but I expect to lose him to the Cuse.

Missouri did, however, get a commitment last week from Cullen VanLeer. A 6-2, white shooting guard from Pacific high school, who is an unranked 3-star player.

He, like Puryear, is a role player/glue guy. Best offers were from Wofford and Lehigh (SMS and Indiana State also). So, basically, he's a SG version of Ryan Rosburg.

If you're counting, that's now 4 glue guys/role players in the past two classes. Not a great trend, in my opinion. And there's now only one open scholarship, so if something miraculous happens and a couple of these big-time guys DO want to come to Missouri, someone is going to have to be run off.

WhawhaWhat 09-16-2014 07:57 PM

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...le2133765.html

Missouri freshmen basketball players Jakeenan Gant and D’Angelo Allen have been suspended from the team after they were arrested early Sunday morning in Columbia.

Gant, 18, a forward from Georgia, and Allen, 18, a wing from Dallas, were arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault, a misdemeanor. Officers responded to 8th and Elm around 2 a.m. to investigate an assault, according to a Columbia Police log, which was viewed Tuesday night by a Columbia Daily Tribune reporter.

'Hamas' Jenkins 09-16-2014 08:10 PM

God ****.

WhawhaWhat 09-16-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10921779)
God ****.

Sounds like a bar fight. Both sides blame the other and the cops arrest both parties. Pay a fine and nothing else comes of it.

Saul Good 09-16-2014 08:26 PM

3rd degree assault...aka pretty much nothing...probably some yelling and possibly a shove

Perineum Ripper 09-16-2014 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10921837)
3rd degree assault...aka pretty much nothing...probably some yelling and possibly a shove

Yea I'm pretty sure it is just shoving..if it's 3rd degree and just a misdemeanor

KChiefs1 09-16-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10921725)

Missouri freshmen basketball players Jakeenan Gant and D’Angelo Allen have been suspended from the team after they were arrested early Sunday morning in Columbia.

Gant, 18, a forward from Georgia, and Allen, 18, a wing from Dallas, were arrested on suspicion of third-degree assault, a misdemeanor. Officers responded to 8th and Elm around 2 a.m. to investigate an assault, according to a Columbia Police log, which was viewed Tuesday night by a Columbia Daily Tribune reporter.

Interesting timing...think Blakeney's decommitment has anything to do with this?

Saul Good 09-17-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 10921919)
Interesting timing...think Blakeney's decommitment has anything to do with this?

There is zero possibility that these two things are related.

Pitt Gorilla 09-17-2014 01:57 PM

Mizzou, Kentucky, and LSU now lead for Blakeney.

Sassy Squatch 09-17-2014 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10923621)
Mizzou, Kentucky, and LSU now lead for Blakeney.

Kentucky will get him.

TribalElder 09-17-2014 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10921725)

****ing idiots

Pitt Gorilla 09-19-2014 10:58 AM

Thomas Bryant, Isaiah Briscoe, Caleb Swanigan, (and maybe Blakeney) visiting on October 10.

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2014 10:23 AM

From PowerMizzou:
Spoiler!

kchero 09-26-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10949464)
From PowerMizzou:
Spoiler!

I asaw this as well.....a monster few days there in early October.

kchero 09-26-2014 12:14 PM

Quote:

From PowerMizzou:
Spoiler!

I saw this as well.....a monster few days there in early October.

duncan_idaho 09-26-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

From PowerMizzou:
Spoiler!

Makes landing a few of those guys even more important, as Missouri's extremely slim chances of keeping Tatum and/or Porter in-state seem to turn on the ability to get some high profile guys in this class.

Bryant by himself is not enough. They need to land one of Briscoe/Blakeney and maybe both.

Pitt Gorilla 10-10-2014 08:54 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...014-Oct-10.jpg

KChiefs1 10-12-2014 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 11001670)

Did they commit?