ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games ****The OFFICIAL PS3 general discussion thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180279)

Pushead2 04-26-2010 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 6715024)
I still have one. The black Sega sports edition.

I used to play MvsC2 all day and night!!!

Saulbadguy 04-26-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6714973)
I wonder if someone is getting close to cracking sony's protection. IF someone can, and have it similar to how the dreamcast was, its game over for the ps3. lol

I think piracy is dying on consoles. Online play is just too valuable for many gamers, and it's something most don't want to risk.

The Franchise 04-26-2010 12:17 PM

Yeah....thanks Sony. Since I've installed your new update.....my PS3 has locked up twice while playing games. ****ers....

kcxiv 04-26-2010 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6715157)
I think piracy is dying on consoles. Online play is just too valuable for many gamers, and it's something most don't want to risk.

I wouldnt ever doubt that someone could find a way to bypass it. Especially on something like Blu Ray since its fairly new.

I know it would be damned hard for people to not use say their 360 for online play and their PS3 for pirated games. I NEVER play my PS3 online, its mostly for exclusive titles that the PS3 has. God of War 3? 0 online play.

Actually last 2 games on the ps3 that i have played were GoW 3 and Batman: AA. No online.

Most semicore to hardcore gamers have both ps3 and the 360.

Saulbadguy 04-26-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6716023)
I wouldnt ever doubt that someone could find a way to bypass it. Especially on something like Blu Ray since its fairly new.

I know it would be damned hard for people to not use say their 360 for online play and their PS3 for pirated games. I NEVER play my PS3 online, its mostly for exclusive titles that the PS3 has. God of War 3? 0 online play.

Actually last 2 games on the ps3 that i have played were GoW 3 and Batman: AA. No online.

Most semicore to hardcore gamers have both ps3 and the 360.

I don't play much online either but I like the playstation store, and of course I like to get updates for games and DLC. I'm guessing there is a risk associated w/ pirating that would cause you to be ****ed on those things as well.

jiveturkey 04-26-2010 01:07 PM

Has anyone seen a release date for Tecmo Throwback? It looks like the XBox is getting it Wednesday but I can't find anything regarding the PS3 release.

007 04-26-2010 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 6716001)
Yeah....thanks Sony. Since I've installed your new update.....my PS3 has locked up twice while playing games. ****ers....

I have been having aproblem with the sound cutting out every now and then with the update.

Quesadilla Joe 04-27-2010 05:49 AM

I'm just glad the update fixed youtube videos for me. There for a while every time I went to youtube on my PS3 it wouldn't let me watch any videos because it said I needed to update my flash player.

CHENZ A! 05-24-2010 10:26 AM

So I'm wanting to buy Red Dead Redemption, and the FIFA world cup edition.. Who has the best deals? Or are prices the same everywhere? I was hoping maybe someplace would have like a buy one get one 1/2 off type deal or something. Where you guys get your games at?

Thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv 05-24-2010 04:17 PM

MLB.TV streamed through the PS3 looks beautiful on my HDTV. i am always going to do this from now on. NO reason to buy it on say direct tv where its more expensive and the quality is almost the same.

007 05-24-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6777799)
MLB.TV streamed through the PS3 looks beautiful on my HDTV. i am always going to do this from now on. NO reason to buy it on say direct tv where its more expensive and the quality is almost the same.

If only the NFL would set up this option for us.

Saulbadguy 05-25-2010 08:38 PM

Playing ModNation Racers. Even after the 1.01 patch, loading times are unreal. I hope they can address this.

Buck 05-26-2010 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 6780715)
Playing ModNation Racers. Even after the 1.01 patch, loading times are unreal. I hope they can address this.

Is this game worth the buy?

I've read that they will hopefully fix the loading times. I liked the demo, but I want to get into different tracks.

Plus I've heard there are a lot of Penis shaped tracks. ROFL

Saulbadguy 05-26-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 6781234)
Is this game worth the buy?

I've read that they will hopefully fix the loading times. I liked the demo, but I want to get into different tracks.

Plus I've heard there are a lot of Penis shaped tracks. ROFL

I like the racing mechanics, and the customization features. Honestly the only problem I have with it is the loading times. It has a ton of replay value so i'd say it's worth the buy...especially if they get the loading times fixed.

Buck 05-26-2010 08:02 AM

Damn I should probably wait. I've got RDR and SMG2 to play right now.
Posted via Mobile Device